Remember when

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Let's start s dialogue of or in relationships to politics ,no right or wrong answers within this dialogue game,anything you or someone experienced within politics,it could have made you laugh,cry or be mobilized into action,memorable people,effective or not,who ring politicians or politicians who truly serve their constituents and constituency, or maybe it was the assistance who answered your call,even building experience s,all you have to do is start your writings with
I remember when....... In politics........

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I got into politics a couple of decades ago which led to a criminal record. I would get back in if not for the electric chair.
Funny!
Are you incarcerated somewhere?funny question?
Right now I am remembering the funny side of my experience s and memories within politics,sounds like my experiences are boring and mundane to your experiences within politics,you have a story to tell,I would love to hear it
Don't worry as I information audited within the political guard I found forthcoming and interpretation of criminal deviant behaviour is just that ,"open to interpretation",so don't sweat the small ****,where you were positioned on that **** pile will make you target for blame,did you have an office wth a view?
I hope you didn't rip off the vulnerable,this is not good
Right in the middle if the Duffy pile,then find yourself a good lawyer with an information auditor in their back pocket,and iniate a court process
As stated don't sweat the small stuff

Darkbeaver you forgot to start with I remember when,so did I so we are even

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I barely remember when. A long long time ago I needed funds to finance the political takeover of a county which I began to gather using the vegetable kingdoms hottest model at the time. I was eventually forced to surrender to a military helicopter, one friday the thirteenth, late in the afternoon.Eighteen or twenty guvment agents to took me down, eventually helicopter gunship fire convinced me to surreender. Noboody was hurt the judge went easy on me cuz I had mental problems. A bit of therapy and I was right as rain. Released on my own recognisence. What does that mean anyway?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I barely remember when. A long long time ago I needed funds to finance the political takeover of a county which I began to gather using the vegetable kingdoms hottest model at the time. I was eventually forced to surrender to a military helicopter, one friday the thirteenth, late in the afternoon.Eighteen or twenty guvment agents to took me down, eventually helicopter gunship fire convinced me to surreender. Noboody was hurt the judge went easy on me cuz I had mental problems. A bit of therapy and I was right as rain. Released on my own recognisence. What does that mean anyway?

McCain?

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Remember when mom's would be away and dad's would make us Swanson Frozen Dinners... ummm.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I remember when the Bill to abolish the death penalty was tabled.
My cousin was a Liberal MP. I remember him sitting at our kitchen table telling my mother that he was against the Bill but Trudeau had told all his caucus that anyone who didn't vote to pass the Bill would be out of the caucus and his political career would be over.
He asked my mother what he should do.
She told him he would have to decide for himself.
The ba***ard voted for it to save his skin. He became an alcoholic and eventually got voted out anyway.
The Bill passed unanimously and I don't believe the majority of Canadians ever did agree with it. Still don't.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
My cousin was a Liberal MP. I remember him sitting at our kitchen table telling my mother that he was against the Bill but Trudeau had told all his caucus that anyone who didn't vote to pass the Bill would be out of the caucus and his political career would be over.
The ba***ard voted for it to save his skin. He became an alcoholic and eventually got voted out anyway.
The Bill passed unanimously and I don't believe the majority of Canadians ever did agree with it. Still don't.

I remember my very Conservative mother agreeing with you and being really mad because Steven Truscott hadn't been executed, yet.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

The majority of Canadians do agree with it, mom and have done so since it was abolished. I truly doubt that in the current political climate you would see that change, if anything the numbers might have risen.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
The majority of Canadians do agree with it, mom and have done so since it was abolished. I truly doubt that in the current political climate you would see that change, if anything the numbers might have risen.

It's a long time since. There's been plenty of time for Canadian to go sucky-soft on criminals. So maybe you're right. Hell, now they even let them back out to kill again.
But at the time I don't think so. Why did Trudeau have to threaten his caucus to get the Bill passed?
Anyway, I imaging Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo are happy about it!

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

I remember my PC uncle voting in favor of the bill to remove the death penalty. As a reporter, he had witnessed an execution, and that was enough to sway his decision.

I don't expect you've ever seen one. Come back once you've see an execution first hand.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
We had a situation where following a policy placed people at an unacceptable risk. When the matter was taken to council, one councillor said "Safety is irrelevant...just follow the policy". I few of us hung that quote on our office walls.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I remember my PC uncle voting in favor of the bill to remove the death penalty. As a reporter, he had witnessed an execution, and that was enough to sway his decision.

I don't expect you've ever seen one. Come back once you've see an execution first hand.

Sorry fella, in my years as a nurse I saw death from just about every cause imaginable. And I can tell you that while death is never uplifting, it is much more upsetting when it's the death of an innocent victim who has been inhumanely abused and murdered.
For some reason I just can't find any mercy in my heart for adults who kidnap, rape, torture and kill children and cut them up into little pieces with a circular say in their workshop.
I wonder how your PC uncle would like to witness that?
And I resent that society's tax dollars have to contribute to maintaining the health and safety of monsters who commit such murders! To the tune of $50,000/$60,000 per year!
You think watching an execution is horrible? Try lifting the sheet off the corpse of a victim who has been savaged and murdered.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Sorry fella, in my years as a nurse I saw death from just about every cause imaginable. And I can tell you that while death is never uplifting, it is much more upsetting when it's the death of an innocent victim who has been inhumanely abused and murdered.
For some reason I just can't find any mercy in my heart for adults who kidnap, rape, torture and kill children and cut them up into little pieces with a circular say in their workshop.
I wonder how your PC uncle would like to witness that?
And I resent that society's tax dollars have to contribute to maintaining the health and safety of monsters who commit such murders! To the tune of $50,000/$60,000 per year!
You think watching an execution is horrible? Try lifting the sheet off the corpse of a victim who has been savaged and murdered.

Yep, as I said, you've never witnessed an execution. So, you don't really understand.