For old times sake

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The Rural Crime watch program is begging for a little attention,like information auditing attention
Something stinks

Really....................do tell. I'm a member, as are all my neighbors, of Rural Crime Watch in BC. We've found it to be an effective though not infallible deterrent to crime in our area.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Really....................do tell. I'm a member, as are all my neighbors, of Rural Crime Watch in BC. We've found it to be an effective though not infallible deterrent to crime in our area.

Got big dogs, Mowich?

That would be part of my approach to rural crime prevention.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
What do you know about rural life?

Well, I lived in a VERY little village in the Ottawa Valley for a couple of years. I'm the grandson of an eighth generation (in North America) farmer, and its still part of our family life. I have "hayed" many times, have taken care of a herd of animals on my own for a few weeks, picked a LOT of fruit. I don't live in the country, now but I sure as hell don't live in a city, either.

You seem to be very young, Johnny. Do not assume that people stay put, doing the same things for six decades. I've had ... continue to have all sorts of experiences. Also, don't assume that you know anything about any of us on here, at all. You probably don't.

p.s. Why are you in such a hurry to insult? What is wrong with you?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Got big dogs, Mowich?

That would be part of my approach to rural crime prevention.

No, I don't need big dogs.

The type of crime we have around here is limited to the odd break-in and oddly enough the majority of the time the perps get caught.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Well, I lived in a VERY little village in the Ottawa Valley for a couple of years. I'm the grandson of an eighth generation (in North America) farmer, and its still part of our family life. I have "hayed" many times, have taken care of a herd of animals on my own for a few weeks, picked a LOT of fruit. I don't live in the country, now but I sure as hell don't live in a city, either.

You seem to be very young, Johnny. Do not assume that people stay put, doing the same things for six decades. I've had ... continue to have all sorts of experiences. Also, don't assume that you know anything about any of us on here, at all. You probably don't.

p.s. Why are you in such a hurry to insult? What is wrong with you?

I like that answer.

To answer your question, i dont know.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
No, I don't need big dogs.

The type of crime we have around here is limited to the odd break-in and oddly enough the majority of the time the perps get caught.

Sounds like they are stealing for "substances". People like that are hardly master criminals, more likely a trifle pathetic.

I like that answer.

To answer your question, i dont know.

Chill, man

It's only the Internet.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
This is good news,
Do you know how rural crime watch is funded and more so how information is shared between the Rural crime watch "Association" and the Justice department ?
I had opportunity to briefly check out the Rural Crime watch association s website, the outdated format is of poor quality in design,never really entered the site,as it all presented as Juvenile,and not of my present interest
How was your watch funded?
How was local law enforcement placed into the role of safer communities and risk prevention in your neighbourhood crime watch program ?
Everyday someone is being robbed in my neighbourhood,while law enforcement and rural crime watch sleeps
Brazen acts of disregard or fear,stealing right under our noses,no one cares,I would appreciate positive crime watch stories,unfortunately none here
Thanks for sharing

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Pack heat.

how information is shared between the Rural crime watch "Association" and the Justice department ?
That is the RCMP's job. Rural Crime Watch isn't a police force. It's just neighbours who watch out for each other and take notes on suspicious behavior or do incident reports which get passed on to the horsemen.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Pack heat?
These are new concepts but real concepts,we think old ,we are old
Baseball bats wrapped in bob wire,guns,dogs,bear spray ,surveillance,good lighting,audio alarms,gates,signs,axe spray,we figure this is part of modern day self preservation,people are helping themselves to my stuff which I have worked hard for
You would think if the RCMP had privy to information of crimes of theft they would respond in the correct manner,they are not responding,therefore I can only assume they collect the information,this is a maybe, and do not interpret it,why else would this be going on for months.
Information intake in the RCMP has had its history of sloppiness and we will be seeing a Birdseye view of this in the upcoming Commission of murdered and missing indigenous women,
the RCMP are closely connected to the Justice department.
First of all follow the money ,how it is distributed,etc
Then People,stinky people,gate keepers,then information handling and exchange comes after this
Easy Peasy

Old school stuff,old designs is what Rursl Crime watch is

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Most of us pack bear spray and then only when we go for walks. Four-legged predators are much more prevalent than the two-legged variety. :smile:

That's why the two legged ones are less prevalent. We had POW camps in the West during WWII and in bear country, they didn't need many guards.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Has anyone checked out the rural crime watch Alberta website,just for fun I once again visited the site
Check out the cost of membership dues for joining rural crime watch,taxman tell me what you think,your membership within Rural Crime watch includes merchandise

I spoke to an individual,gracious individual within Alberta Justice,we never did establish the flow of money or any partnerships in money,I think it was established municipalities were responsible for money distribution,we were interrupted so no established answer
Check out Alberta Rural association s partnership on their website,heavy hitters
Back to the question why is every night we hear of robberies?
Please check out the site,feedback is important to this information auditing journey
Thanks for reading

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I can honestly express in all my information auditing paths,
Information building and assessment of the Rural crime watch program takes honours on being the strange of strange of community based directives
How could rural crime watch be so wayward from its established intentions,
with each phone call to powerful partnerships of rural crime watch the answers to these righteous questions becomes more then apparent.
Alberta Rural Crimewatch is in partnership with 10 powerful identities
Keep on trucking

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
51 ,as reported ,51 rural crime associations in Alberta,wow!
Are you wondering where those numbers come from,if the answer is yes,me too I wonder about those numbers.
One great thing I have learnt about vast numbers like reported is there is little to audit in some areas of information auditing,quick entry's and quick exits when vast opportunities of comparisons are at hand
51 is a magnificent number

This was reported information, not sure if the info is on the website
I know rural occupants would not like a project like this being our Premier elects project,but I think it should be,at least an assessment of rural crime watches minimal capacity to function
for rural Albertans
Rural crime watch is all messed up ,
Guest speaker st their AGM is speaking on human trafficking,WTF!
Stay tuned

Should be a big robbery weekend ,end of month and all

To make my endeavours even more worth while,I would love to snoop in the minutes of the Grand Prairie which serves Hythe,Beaverlodge,and surrounding areas,
The minutes will provide me with some understanding of Rural Crime watch Grand Prairie,and the function of rural crime watch in general
Should be easy peasy

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I have requested minutes from the Grand Praire Rural Crime watch,a history lesson this request is,
I also put in a request for the bylaws regarding retention and handling of information
Also the coordinates of information
I have written our great Premier for the attention and review of the RCW program,particularly the effectiveness of same,and to please interpret to me what this program is all about
I am going to recommend Alberta do a review,or share in the review which Saskatchewan has undertaken of the relationship between responses to rural crime,I may even write the report for our great Premier
I have contacted my local detachment to garner names of directors in my region ,because I will be forced to buy a membership,I know what I have to encounter,this is where hesitation awakes my soul,if anything try to shake up this old outdated design of Rural Crime watch
Any suggestions where else
Don't worry I have the AG and Justice department in on the design,as Federal funding,which means I must audit Ottawas wisdom,yawn!
Who knows,where all this little effort will go?
Any helpful ideas are open for discussion

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Pack heat.

That is the RCMP's job. Rural Crime Watch isn't a police force. It's just neighbours who watch out for each other and take notes on suspicious behavior or do incident reports which get passed on to the horsemen.
My detachment has been my on shut down over the holidays,
You snooze,we gain is the motto of crime out here
Free for all
All I am saying is Rural Crime watch can be utilized to bigger effective means ,an update would be nice,say goodbye to 1984

Did u check out the website?

Have had a call into my local detachment under direction of others,still waiting two weeks later for Constable Scott to enlighten me,maybe Constable Scott wants a new project,who knows?
Multiple hands make light work,
Constable Scott is probably 25