What if Justin Trudeau got his way with the environment?

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Once upon a time...
In the near future.... ALL Canadians opened their cheque books to the government of Canada and said " Look...we value the environment so much that we want Justin Trudeau to: raise our tax bill to whatever he needs, restructure our taxes to whatever he needs, change the laws to whatever he needs....to fix all environmental issues in the country"

To what extent do you think the Canadian government would fail or pass?

ie Please add your hypothetical ending to my story.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Once upon a time...
In the near future.... ALL Canadians opened their cheque books to the government of Canada and said " Look...we value the environment so much that we want Justin Trudeau to: raise our tax bill to whatever he needs, restructure our taxes to whatever he needs, change the laws to whatever he needs....to fix all environmental issues in the country"

To what extent do you think the Canadian government would fail or pass?

ie Please add your hypothetical ending to my story.

Well I don't think there's any doubt about climate change. How much for how long is the burning question! Can humans fix the problem? Doubtful! Will it pass? Probably! Before or after the human race has been irreparably damaged? Who knows?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

well, if they want to stop global warming they are a little late
oh, I forgot...it's climate change now

i can see why al gore thinks it's OK to buy more sea side mansions though

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
I would end this story: "Well following this great demand, there came to power a new volatile type of guy living just south of this great man who wanted to tax his people to death. This powerful man in the south did not hold the same belief about the environment, he thought carbon was a hoax and keeping the global warming under 2c was a waste of his time. So the story ends that coal came back to this great country to the south, some manufactures came back and send thousands of emissions in the air, and for the people in the north, the tax percentage had to increase because this country south of them had become the same eco problem as China and India" The End.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I would end this story: "Well following this great demand, there came to power a new volatile type of guy living just south of this great man who wanted to tax his people to death. This powerful man in the south did not hold the same belief about the environment, he thought carbon was a hoax and keeping the global warming under 2c was a waste of his time. So the story ends that coal came back to this great country to the south, some manufactures came back and send thousands of emissions in the air, and for the people in the north, the tax percentage had to increase because this country south of them had become the same eco problem as China and India" The End.

Perhaps there will be some compromise.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ecofascism - the belief that Corporations are going to save you from yourself by leading you deeper into debt all while taxing yourself to subsidize the engineers of your wireless Religion of saving mama Gaia.

Enjoy!

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012

That is so 'CBC Canadian' of you to blame the great man to the south of us.Here, have another 2 billion dollars.