Canadians overwhelmingly disagree with Trump victory

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
And any Trump like candidate in Canada.

Not only did 70 per cent of respondents indicate they are unsatisfied with Trump’s win, they are also losing faith in our neighbours to the south. Less than a third (30 per cent) of poll respondents agreed they “trust the judgement of the American electorate.”

However, political candidates should take Trump’s win with a grain of salt. Less than a quarter (23 per cent) of poll respondents said a Trump-style candidate would have a shot at becoming Canada’s prime minister.

Trump’s election could do a number on the U.S. hospitality industry: Half of poll respondents said they will avoid travelling to the country “for at least the first few years of the Trump presidency.”

Predictions for Trump having a positive impact was not wide-spread: More than half of poll respondents feel his influence will be a negative one on things like climate change and trade, as well as both the United States and the world.

Canadians disagree with Donald Trump’s victory

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
yeah, and every anti-Trumper I talk to is so non factual it scares me
geez, your not learning your lesson re polls and models is a good example of exactly what I mean too

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's just a shame (not) for Canadians or anyone else that they can't do anything about it.

All this whingeing over Trump is the same sort of whingeing by the same sort of people over Brexit.

Brexit and Trump are two massively great things to happen to the world (and Leicester City breaking the big boys' grip - at least temporarily - on the Premier League).

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
yeah, and every anti-Trumper I talk to is so non factual it scares me
geez, your not learning your lesson re polls and models is a good example of exactly what I mean too

I'm not surprised you hang around people that are non factual.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It's just a shame (not) for Canadians or anyone else that they can't do anything about it.

All this whingeing over Trump is the same sort of whingeing by the same sort of people over Brexit.

Brexit and Trump are two massively great things to happen to the world (and Leicester City breaking the big boys' grip - at least temporarily - on the Premier League).

There is zero evidence that Britain will benefit from this in any way.

Not only do we share a border with this lunatic asdylum to the south of us, we trade with them at an unprecedented level. You are confusing "whinging" with genuine fear of the effects of this loose cannon

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I don't like it - most sane people don't trust Trump so don't like it either - but...

America elected him. They elected the R's for Senate and the R's for Congress.

He was all about making America Great again and making things better.

As I read on a political essay: now they have to actually govern. Let's see what they do to make all the things Obama did "Better".

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
media narrative carried over our border. that's already been explained in the media smugness thread. nothing new here.

some self-righteousness canadian opinions applied to our neighbours.

38% of them voted for shiny pony too.

what can I tell ya.

change is comin' again kids. not to worry. :smile:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Heading to Phoenix in two months (assuming it's still standing). Should be a good time as usual. Of course, I'm not a visible minority.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

How about that Ground Game!

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
media narrative carried over our border. that's already been explained in the media smugness thread. nothing new here.

some self-righteousness canadian opinions applied to our neighbours.

38% of them voted for shiny pony too.

what can I tell ya.

change is comin' again kids. not to worry. :smile:

I'm sure you realize that the only change in the U.S. was that not enough Democrats showed up to vote.

It's on Breitbart if you need to confirm it. :)

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada, as the rest of the world is surprised. He was subdued in the White House yesterday, but he's been given his phone back and is tweeting again!! Wonder if the CIA, economist and military will embrace him.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
He's going to be out after the first term unless he can somehow get other voters on board.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I'm sure you realize that the only change in the U.S. was that not enough Democrats showed up to vote.

It's on Breitbart if you need to confirm it. :)
I am sure you realise that the only difference is the same people who supported the hope and change message from 8 years ago , voted for hope and change this time around .

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Canadians bitch about everything. It's a national pastime. Apparently, like all Trump haters they don't LISTEN unless it's idle gossip and evil rumors, then they perk up their ears;. 'That's something to bitch about'.
Strikes me as funny that they are so afraid of Trump when it's our own PM that's driving Canada into the gutter!

Canadians are acting more and more like North Korea; they want the world to pay attention to them. Truth is, most of the world doesn't give a hoot about what Canada does or thinks and probably couldn't even find it on a map!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Canadians bitch about everything. It's a national pastime. Apparently, like all Trump haters they don't LISTEN unless it's idle gossip and evil rumors, then they perk up their ears;. 'That's something to bitch about'.
Strikes me as funny that they are so afraid of Trump when it's our own PM that's driving Canada into the gutter!
Remember, when you piss and moan about Trump, it's bad, but when you piss and moan about Trudeaubama, it's good.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
oh look
the war in libya just stopped
its the end of the world as we know it

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I am sure you realise that the only difference is the same people who supported the hope and change message from 8 years ago , voted for hope and change this time around .

He got less votes than Mitt Romney dummy.