The unbelievable popularity of Canada’s Justin Trudeau

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I believe it.

He's done a good job.

The unbelievable popularity of Canada’s Justin Trudeau

OTTAWA — Justin Trudeau just keeps on moving. On one day, he’s at a Montreal arena with the visiting Chinese premier dropping a ceremonial puck. Both are wearing Canadiens hockey sweaters. On another, he’s thousands of miles away in British Columbia greeting the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the start of a royal visit. Then he’s in southern Ontario popping the keg at a local Oktoberfest.

A year after he led the Liberal Party to a surprise election victory, the 44-year-old Trudeau is still crisscrossing the country as if he were in the middle of a campaign, turning up everywhere, giving speeches, posing for selfies, spreading his charm. It’s a formula that’s clearly working.

A poll by Ipsos Public Affairs for Global News made public Tuesday shows that 64 percent of Canadians approve of his government’s performance. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, it’s a remarkable 78 percent. According to the poll, 58 percent of Canadians say that Trudeau has met or exceeded their expectations.

At a time when Western governments are facing an increasingly divided and fractious electorate and leaders are hanging on for dear life, Trudeau is in an enviable position.

Nik Nanos, chairman of the polling firm Nanos Research, has come up with numbers similar to those found by Ipsos. Repeated predictions that Trudeau’s honeymoon with the electorate is ending appear to have been proven wrong.

“Nothing has occurred in the last 12 months that has negatively affected his personal brand and his popularity,” Nanos said in an interview.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ievable-popularity-of-canadas-justin-trudeau/

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Yup.. he's up for Twit of the Year.. flower child, half wit, national embarrasment.. traipsing through the tulips barefoot.

He's on the wrong side of history in just about everything.. as will become evident in short order.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Pesky comments...

I live in western Canada. Just today a local radio station polled listeners as to their opinion of Trudeau and his first year in office. Listeners were asked to rate him from A to F. Here are the results - 10% rated him an 'A'; 22% rated him a 'B'; 25% 'C'; 18% 'D' and 25% rated him an 'F'. Clearly he is not "unbelievably popular". On a personal note - I believe that he has been an absolute disaster. I have voted in 14 federal elections. In the first 11 I voted Liberal. Never again.

Justin Trudeau is the best part time drama teacher Canada has ever elected as PM, he is one amazing man, he can give away more money in one day than most PM's can give away in a year.
The budget will balance itself, Trudeau's famous statement, he promised a ten billion dollar deficit in his first year, it's now going to be 35 billion, he sure is a great fiscal manager, NOT. He is an idiot that got elected with 27% of the eligible voters approval.
Canada is screwed with selfie boys policies, I hope the U.S. doesn't follow suit by electing a criminal, Trump may not the best possible choice but he is far better than the criminal cartel running against him.
Trudeau's popularity is headed down the toilet, just like the phony poles that are arranged to prop him up

I am sorry Alan Freeman, and readers who believe this article. It is completely wrong. I personally, as a Canadian, do NOT know 1 single person who likes Trudeau. He was NOT voted in. He got in because the vote was split between conservatives and NDP. Nobody expected him to win. It was a shock, and his politics have been nothing but shock after shock.
If you want a prime minister that runs around with his tongue hanging out, or does hand stands, or runs around with his shirt off, or is the king of selfies, you are welcome to him ... because we DON'T want him ... we DON'T like him. Please take him. And don't ever believe this article. Everything is wrong, especially the numbers.
So, here it is: We Canadians are EMBARRASSED by Trudeau and his ridiculous antics. He is first of all his mothers son, and secondly, his fathers son ... neither of which are icons. So, please: take our prime minister. Just don't give him back.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Absolutely.

But I've followed politics for a while now so my expectations are tempered based on the complete dogfart that was in office before Trudeau.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Pesky comments...

I live in western Canada. Just today a local radio station polled listeners as to their opinion of Trudeau and his first year in office. Listeners were asked to rate him from A to F. Here are the results - 10% rated him an 'A'; 22% rated him a 'B'; 25% 'C'; 18% 'D' and 25% rated him an 'F'. Clearly he is not "unbelievably popular". On a personal note - I believe that he has been an absolute disaster. I have voted in 14 federal elections. In the first 11 I voted Liberal. Never again.

Justin Trudeau is the best part time drama teacher Canada has ever elected as PM, he is one amazing man, he can give away more money in one day than most PM's can give away in a year.
The budget will balance itself, Trudeau's famous statement, he promised a ten billion dollar deficit in his first year, it's now going to be 35 billion, he sure is a great fiscal manager, NOT. He is an idiot that got elected with 27% of the eligible voters approval.
Canada is screwed with selfie boys policies, I hope the U.S. doesn't follow suit by electing a criminal, Trump may not the best possible choice but he is far better than the criminal cartel running against him.
Trudeau's popularity is headed down the toilet, just like the phony poles that are arranged to prop him up

I am sorry Alan Freeman, and readers who believe this article. It is completely wrong. I personally, as a Canadian, do NOT know 1 single person who likes Trudeau. He was NOT voted in. He got in because the vote was split between conservatives and NDP. Nobody expected him to win. It was a shock, and his politics have been nothing but shock after shock.
If you want a prime minister that runs around with his tongue hanging out, or does hand stands, or runs around with his shirt off, or is the king of selfies, you are welcome to him ... because we DON'T want him ... we DON'T like him. Please take him. And don't ever believe this article. Everything is wrong, especially the numbers.
So, here it is: We Canadians are EMBARRASSED by Trudeau and his ridiculous antics. He is first of all his mothers son, and secondly, his fathers son ... neither of which are icons. So, please: take our prime minister. Just don't give him back.

He'sagreat leader dispite you/re negativty, our future ios assured with such a photogenic Prime whatever.,

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Joly is about to tax our internet which means taxing us for Netflix.. tax tax tax, wonder what else is on the list??? Liberals and taxes!!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Absolutely.

But I've followed politics for a while now so my expectations are tempered based on the complete dogfart that was in office before Trudeau.
So why is your hero adopting so many of that dog fart's policies ?