Salty social conservatives are galvanising in Ontario

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
So now we know why Walter left.

So-cons warn split with religious right could cost Ontario PCs next election

Ontario Progressive Conservative leader Patrick Brown needs to understand the message social conservatives sent him in Niagara West-Glanbrook or the party will lose another election, the president of Canada Christian College said Monday.

“The only way for conservatives to win is to have all conservatives welcomed in the tent,” said Christian activist Charles McVety. “When Patrick Brown says that we’re not welcome, he damages his own ability to win.”

So-cons warn split with religious right could cost Ontario PCs next election

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Conservatives have got to realize their shyte stinks as bad as anybody's before they'll ever really be a contender. The only thing going in their favour now is Wynne. It's time to get rid of gang violence, union rhetoric and party politics anyhow....

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I have always held the PC to a higher standard than the liberals. Overall they do a better job than the liberals.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
It's rather unfortunate that religion even plays a part of any political campaign. While I may have religious views, they're mine and I don't force my beliefs on anyone else nor should this University Student. The fact that abortion is legal in Canada is a done deal! Whether I agree or disagree is not relevant - no one is asking you to have one. Sex Ed is a fact of life now whether I agree or disagree. Parents' failure to teach it at home has resulted in this becoming part of the educational system so now its too late to bitch about it whether I agree or disagree with the idea. Social Engineers have decided that's what our kids need because we've failed to do our job as parents.

We need a party that strives to do what is best for ALL its citizens and not just the ones that support it. Unfortunately, politics has become so self-centred; its all about getting elected and then figuring out how it best serves them as opposed to the country. Its getting rather frustrating. Having said that, while the Conservatives may have their issues, I believe they are still the better party for Canada as a whole.

JMHO

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Liberals are the 'big tent' but let's be honest - you will rarely find a party that does it all.

Uniting 60% of people would be an incredible achievement.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Brown Is My MPP
HE actually appears to me to be a decent candidate

...and you know me, virulently politically racist against any political race

if we could just get all the religions into one political party (the nofun party)
so we could use our new super secret shrink ray...
(the one developed at the local mental health center)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Liberals are the 'big tent' but let's be honest - you will rarely find a party that does it all.

Uniting 60% of people would be an incredible achievement.

Only because they use the trudOWE method. Lie to everyone. Promise every group whatever they are asking for. Then forget all about them after winning. NOte that instead of making pot legal as promised the police are still busting people for smoking a joint. ANd the economy still sucks.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
learned from his daddy
and predicted to my dr before he was elected

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Only because they use the trudOWE method. Lie to everyone. Promise every group whatever they are asking for. Then forget all about them after winning. NOte that instead of making pot legal as promised the police are still busting people for smoking a joint. ANd the economy still sucks.

Man you conbots are so dumb.

No wonder you can only hold onto the fervent base of deplorables.

https://www.trudeaumetre.ca

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
50k refugees. Almost none from the refugee camp that needed the help the most. Talking about doubling down and useless.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
What Conservatives should know is they are like a Variety club,and they are "victims"of their own design,their own ethics,their own policies,their own strategies of division, etc, the list is endless,
Now they are stuck with this design,I anticipate this design to be scrambled for the next ten years
I asked my good friend,what is with you Conservatives,all over the map,no convictions just bouncing about on old rhetoric,you must find a home of Conviction within politics,
I encourage her to join the Conservative movement
Conservative s are a Variety pak,they should embrace the diversity
Conservatives must take responsibility of their own design

If I have my way,I am going to love to assist with the scramble

What do you want in your variety pak today?
If anything a Conservative can make your day!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What's "dumb" about it. There is no way to call it 97% of 33% or alter the legal definition of law to fit moonbattery?

If he doesn't face any "challenges" and makes no more promises, he is on target to nail 60% of them.

Too bad your frontal lobe is a stain on the transit system. You used to make sense.