Ambrose’s nearly $320,000 in expenses leads MPs

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Repeat after me; 'Conservatives are fiscally responsible' (when it comes to their personal money)....

Rona Ambrose’s nearly $320,000 in expenses leads MPs for first half of 2016: analysis

Last edited:

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Ahhh, too bad JT's $$ is not published. I'm sure even one of his travel, probably his and his family and friends visit to Washington would have been substantial. Politician have a cavalier way of spending our money whether Lib or Cons. I can almost visualize them all dining, dancing and singing all over the world, oh joy oh bliss.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I'm not quite sure what the issue is. At face value, she is the interim leader of the official opposition so calling her an MP is a little disingenuous.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Stop spending and help our Aboriginals. That is the one area that takes priority for me. Give the money to the people through programs, stop throwing it at leaders to shut them up. Like any other politician in this world (and they are politicians), they tend to keep the money for themselves!

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
You didn't read the article.

Posts like these prove that conbots don't actually have a conservative philosophy in mind.

If the government of the the term supports a right wing, libertarian trade system they're all for it. If their government then becomes a leftie, protectionist cabal then all of a sudden liberty is thrown out the window.

See Donald Trump.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I'm not quite sure what the issue is. At face value, she is the interim leader of the official opposition so calling her an MP is a little disingenuous.

And what of the others in the article?

I guess some have short memories or weren't as bothered by the Libs spending spree as noted by the conservative mouth frothers. And if you weren't bothered by the Libs spending, that is good because all of that frothing causes a red chin if you don't wipe it off right away. The issue is we just heard a huge outcry (some suggest it was pettiness) from the right about out of control, unjustified spending? The issue of course is hypocrisy. It's okay ifdo it, but not if you do it....

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/c...ford-hindsight-20-20-a.html?highlight=telford

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/c...s-spent-10-681-photos.html?highlight=spending

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/canadian-politics/145672-liberal-health-minister-spent-1-a.html

When it comes to the money that politicians spend, we worry about the wrong stuff - The Globe and Mail

The Conservative Opposition smelled blood, particularly given the traditional Liberal vulnerability on matters of what Tory MP Blaine Calkins described as the governing party's "sense of entitlement."

"This outrageous abuse of public funds is unacceptable and taxpayers won't stand for it," Calkins added.

Top PMO aides repay some moving costs

Vecchio, the Com MP from London said in question period that "she was shocked at the Liberal entitlement when it comes to spending other peoples money"

Liberals accused of 'entitlement' over $1.1M in staff moving expenses | CTV News

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Politicians spend taxpayers dollars and I doubt most are stingy with those dollars however this thread is nothing more than a feeble attempt by Liberal Party supporters to slam the opposition. Since alot of her travel expenses were incurred because of her position as opposition leader, it should be expected to that she would be high.