Author in slander trial says Muslim school’s teachings go against Quebec values

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Hope the bitch get's nailed to wall and has to pay AT LEAST the 95k.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
My bad. Balance of probabilities. still stands though, stupid. Don't you want her to be proved guilty on a balance of probabilities?

She will be, and I hope the bitch is nailed to the wall.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Djemila Benhabib have 2 powerfull lobby agains her: canadians-multicutluralists and muslims integrists.

Good luck to her.

And she has slander laws against her too. A judge is supposed to just consider the law, not any ideology.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Here's the slander

In the 2012 radio interview that landed her in court, Benhabib said children attending the school underwent indoctrination “worthy of a military camp in Afghanistan or Pakistan.” She added that the school’s model society is one where women are submissive and men commit honour crimes against their sisters.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
What is not true in it ?

Of course she can deny that she said it. However, I imagine there might be a recording of the interview or at least many witnesses especially if it was said over the air waves. If it was supposedly aired and there is not one witness, that could strengthen her case of course, but it appears from the article that she did not deny it, so it's probably all true that she said it.

it's not what she said

She denies that was her meaning. The school disagrees. The judge will decide.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Of course she can deny that she said it. However, I imagine there might be a recording of the interview or at least many witnesses especially if it was said over the air waves. If it was supposedly aired and there is not one witness, that could strengthen her case of course, but it appears from the article that she did not deny it, so it's probably all true that she said it.

Doesn't matter about what she "says" her "meaning" was. She said it on air. She wrote it in a blog. She didn't bother talking to ANYONE at the school. 95k plus legal and court costs.

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013

Exactly. Judge will have the final word.

Doesn't matter about what she "says" her "meaning" was. She said it on air. She wrote it in a blog. She didn't bother talking to ANYONE at the school. 95k plus legal and court costs.

It's not meaning of what she says.

She is talking about the values promoted and given to young kids

If I say that a school makes promotion of KKK propagandia, it's not mean that they are hanging black peoples and brun cross in front of their houses.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

If I say that a school makes promotion of KKK propagandia, it's not mean that they are hanging black peoples and brun cross in front of their houses.

SHe STATED:

She added that the school’s model society is one where women are submissive and men commit honour crimes against their sisters.

If she can not PROVE that the above statements are truth, then she has slandered the school.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Exactly. Judge will have the final word.

It's not meaning of what she says.

But you'd still be saying that they promote KKK propaganda, no?