Kevin O’Leary Calls Out Ontario Premier Wynne Again on Carbon Taxes

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I asked you to keep me informed about the $1.9 billion you are extracting out of the Ontario economy in new carbon taxes. I was excited when you promised lots of new jobs and reductions in carbon emissions. Then I saw the July jobs report. Wow, 36,100 Ontario jobs lost in a single month, the worst decline since the recession, and you still haven't told me any good news about carbon emission reductions. I guess your new plan is not working.

Maybe it would have been better to leave that $1.9 billion in the hands of the Ontario businesses that were using it to hire employees before you taxed it away from them.

However, I hear it's not all bad news on the Ontario job front. While the private sector is losing jobs by the tens of thousands under your new tax policies, you have been busy creating some really interesting opportunities for your staff. I don't know how I missed this, but apparently you lost $70 million setting up and then cancelling the Ontario Retirement Pension Plan (ORPP) in June. While in operation only six months, you hired some really special people that walked away with millions of taxpayers' dollars for apparently doing nothing. It sounds so ridiculous that I am assuming I must have it wrong, and that's why I'm putting pen to paper.

So here goes, true or false?

mo

Kevin O'Leary Calls Out Ontario Premier Wynne Again on Carbon Taxes With Open Letter: A MUST READ - Energy News for the Canadian Oil & Gas Industry | EnergyNow.ca

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I thought O'Leary wanted to be the new Queen of Alberta....?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Waste of time.

He should be asking PC leader, Patrick Brown, why he won't be getting rid of it if he is elected.

Patrick Brown supports putting a price on carbon
the best thing about Brown is that he has one secretary in his constituency office who has a clue about stuff
must have been hired by mistake

will he be any different than any other beholden politician?
nope....all the same lobbyists, eh?
just goes to show two wrongs don't make a right

compared to the last guys secretaries though...I'll give him a chance this once
"since his victory he has been successful in pushing the Ontario PC Party towards the "political centre...
...Patrick Brown would go on to become the first Ontario PC Leader to march in the Toronto Pride Parade.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Brown_(politician)
just like JT gets a chance...just once
lol...pushing the party to the center eh?
this guy wants the win

Last edited:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Waste of time.

He should be asking PC leader, Patrick Brown, why he won't be getting rid of it if he is elected.

Patrick Brown supports putting a price on carbon
He also said it should be REVENUE NEUTRAL. Or did you miss that part in your attempt to pathetically deflect from the Liberals blatant tax grab?
Do you understand the difference? Carbon taxes should be used as an earnest attempt to curb carbon emissions, not as a method to try and refill the tax coffers after you've spent the better part of 14 years pissing away billions upon billions of dollars on nothing.

You're such a partisan hack I'm amazed you don't get paid for the bullsh*t you post.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Thread cannot take so much helmet.

PCs support carbon pricing.

You have already lost.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Gotta say, I'm really digging the new logo.

It's so organic.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
They'll get the people eating robot vote though
and lord knows if there are two things that run on alcohol
It's robots and politicians