Who died before they collected Canadian Pension Plan? (CPP)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THE GOVERNMENT'S CALCULATION OF AVAILABLE CPP IS THAT THEY FORGOT TO FIGURE IN THE PEOPLE WHO DIED BEFORE THEY EVER COLLECTED A CPP CHEQUE!!!
WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO?
Remember, not only did you and I contribute to CPP but your employer did, too. It totalled 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that's close to $220,500. Read that again. Did you see where the Government paid in one single penny?
We are talking about the money you and your employer put in a Government bank to insure you and I that we would have a retirement cheque from the money we put in, not the Government. Now they are calling the money we put in an entitlement when we reach the age to take it back. If you calculate the future invested value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer's contribution) at a simple 5% interest (less than what the govt. pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working you'd have $892,919.98.
If you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years (until you're 95 if you retire at age 65) and that's with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month.
THE FOLKS IN OTTAWA HAVE PULLED OFF A BIGGER PONZI SCHEME THAN BERNIE MADOFF EVER DID.
Entitlement my foot, I paid cash for my CPP! Just because they borrowed the money for other government spending, doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!!
Remember Senator's benefits? --- free healthcare, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days. Now that's welfare, and they have the nerve to call my CPP retirement payments entitlements?
We're "broke" and the government can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, or Homeless. Yet in the past few years we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile, Turkey, Pakistan, etc., etc., etc. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!! And they can't help our own citizens !
Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' (CPP and OAS) receive no additional federal aid nor do they get any financial breaks, while our government and religious organizations pour hundreds of billions of $$$ and tons of food to foreign countries!
They call CPP an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives, and now, when it's time for us to collect, the government is running out of money.Why did the government borrow from it in the first place? It was supposed to be in a locked box, not part of the general fund.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Your figures are slightly off...

Canada/Quebec Pension 2015 2016
Annual Maximum Pensionable Earnings $53,600.00 $54,900.00
Annual Basic Exemption $3,500.00 $3,500.00
Annual Maximum Contributory Earnings $50,100.00 $51,400.00
CPP Contribution Rate 4.95% 4.95%
QPP Contribultion Rate 5.250% 5.325%
Annual Maximum CPP Employee Contribution $2,479.95 $2,544.30
Annual Maximum CPP Employer Contribution $2,479.95 $2,544.30

Canadian Payroll Legislation : CPP & EI deductions | Payworks

And years ago it was less than that

10larry

Electoral Member
Apr 6, 2010
Niagara Falls
Nifty cash cow, small wonder wynne toys with setting up her own ponzi scheme.... queens park nuther day older and deeper in debt, not that a pension scam would help as queens park would simply flush more $$$ faster.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The common working person should have a pension. Should be a law that it is a payrole deduction.
That is what CPP is. The government robbed the piggy bank and now are claiming to be broke. But they have plenty of money to go to foreign lands and kill brown people.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That is what CPP is. The government robbed the piggy bank and now are claiming to be broke. But they have plenty of money to go to foreign lands and kill brown people.
Don't we kill the yellow man any more ? I remember the song .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Spousal bennys.

Are you high? CPP is awash in cash. Thry've set records.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
“We’re going to improve the Canada Pension Plan that will make a real difference in future Canadians’ situations.”

By 2023, an extra $34 a month in pension premiums will mean up to $4,300 more in annual payouts come retirement time for the average Canadian wage earner.

The agreement-in-principle, which only Quebec and Manitoba neglected to endorse, will see an increase in monthly premiums phased in starting at $7 a month in 2019 for a typical worker earning about $55,000.

Once the plan is fully implemented, the maximum annual benefits will increase by about one-third to $17,478.
Mandatory matching contributions will also mean a jump in payroll expenses for employers.
Federal government, provinces agree to new deal on CPP reform | National Post

17 grand a year?
If yoo doon't have mooney of yoor oon yoo wool be scrooed

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THE GOVERNMENT'S CALCULATION OF AVAILABLE CPP IS THAT THEY FORGOT TO FIGURE IN THE PEOPLE WHO DIED BEFORE THEY EVER COLLECTED A CPP CHEQUE!!!
WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO?
Remember, not only did you and I contribute to CPP but your employer did, too. It totalled 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that's close to $220,500. Read that again. Did you see where the Government paid in one single penny?
We are talking about the money you and your employer put in a Government bank to insure you and I that we would have a retirement cheque from the money we put in, not the Government. Now they are calling the money we put in an entitlement when we reach the age to take it back. If you calculate the future invested value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer's contribution) at a simple 5% interest (less than what the govt. pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working you'd have $892,919.98.
If you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years (until you're 95 if you retire at age 65) and that's with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month.
THE FOLKS IN OTTAWA HAVE PULLED OFF A BIGGER PONZI SCHEME THAN BERNIE MADOFF EVER DID.
Entitlement my foot, I paid cash for my CPP! Just because they borrowed the money for other government spending, doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!!
Remember Senator's benefits? --- free healthcare, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days. Now that's welfare, and they have the nerve to call my CPP retirement payments entitlements?
We're "broke" and the government can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, or Homeless. Yet in the past few years we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile, Turkey, Pakistan, etc., etc., etc. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!! And they can't help our own citizens !
Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' (CPP and OAS) receive no additional federal aid nor do they get any financial breaks, while our government and religious organizations pour hundreds of billions of $$$ and tons of food to foreign countries!
They call CPP an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives, and now, when it's time for us to collect, the government is running out of money.Why did the government borrow from it in the first place? It was supposed to be in a locked box, not part of the general fund.
Better find a more reliable source of information. CPP isn't taking anywhere near 15% of anyone's income.

Spousal bennys.

Are you high? CPP is awash in cash. Thry've set records.

Doesn't fit with his agenda. Reality bites.

I don't know how it works out with low paying jobs but we max out on contributions by late JUne or early July.