Air show too traumatic for newcomers who escaped war

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Someone weakling named Craig Damian Smith, a "Ph. D. candidate in political science at the University of Toronto" (what a surprise), objects to the air show at the annual Canadian National Exhibition.

Smith: "The air show is nothing like a charity bike ride. In a city with a large population of refugee newcomers and people who have experienced the trauma of war it is insulting, invasive, and violent."

Did it ever occur to you that maybe some of the refugees escaped because of air power?

And: "Who is the air show for? Apparently, the organizers 'understand that some people [ ...] may find some of the aircraft loud' but ask them 'to consider the benefits of the Canadian International Air Show to its fans.' Considering the undefined 'benefits' accrued to 'fans' as somehow comparable to the potential harm to members of our communities is simply indecent."

This "harm" is sheer speculation, nothing more.

Finally: "Glorification of the tools of war is antiquated, regressive, and morally repugnant. It’s something we deride in other countries, and is contrary to everything good about Toronto."

And here is the real reason. Buddy, until the day arrives that you are consistently opposed to the initiation of force by one person on another, and you understand that there will be no need for military self-defense only when everyone is working productively toward his own happiness in a capitalist economy, you have nothing worthwhile to say on the subject of war.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/com...-traumatic-for-newcomers-who-escaped-war.html

That bonehead's comments reminds me of a bumper sticker that was popular nearly 50 years ago:
"Don't like the police? Next time you're being mugged, call a hippie."

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
OR people that don't like it don't have to go. And bone headed college brats can go hide in mommy's basement until they are mature enough to join society.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Craig Damian Smith ‏@CraigDamian

Q: What would #benfrommath do? A: all of it. Including touching me.

Toronto Star writer wants CNE Air Show cancelled because it “traumatizes” refugees - The Rebel

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
This does not sound like assimilation is going to well in Canada. Unless of course it is the Canadian citizenry that will be required to assimilate. If so you are all right on course.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Actually, that's pretty typical of the progtard. They don't like something so they "blame" some group by saying it's insensitive to them or some bullsh*t, when the reality is they're just being bigoted dickweeds using said group for their own purposes.
The little snowflake hasn't got the balls to simply say HE doesn't like the airshow and therefore no one should be allowed to attend, so he drags the refugees into the fray and presumes to speak for them like the coward progtard that he is.

I bet the little cuckster didn't even speak to a single refugee in Toronto about it.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Oh My God, some guy has an opinion. Get the deportation team into operation immediately!!

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Oh My God, some guy has an opinion. Get the deportation team into operation immediately!!
Presuming to speak for an entire group of people isn't an opinion. Are you old enough to remember the good ol' right-wing Christian moral majority in the US? They were around back in the 80s and eary 90s trying to ban everything they didn't like.
Well, the progtards of today have taken up that cause. His "opinion" is more of a "I don't like this so you shouldn't be allowed to either." Classic moral majority bullsh*t.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Presuming to speak for an entire group of people isn't an opinion. Are you old enough to remember the good ol' right-wing Christian moral majority in the US? They were around back in the 80s and eary 90s trying to ban everything they didn't like.
Well, the progtards of today have taken up that cause. His "opinion" is more of a "I don't like this so you shouldn't be allowed to either." Classic moral majority bullsh*t.
This must be very upsetting to you.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Men wearing scarves upset me.
gordon downey hater
don't watch him, just drink your beer and enjoy the music

geez, the guy in the OP:
i guess the way people used to get bombed explains the current lack of booze commercials on TV