RCMP Uses Thai Style Tactics Against Terrorist threat

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
It's an old joke in Thailand but also true 'Stop BANG or I'll shoot' and it looks like the RCMP took a page out of the Thai play book and eliminated some nutcase before he could do any damage.

Congratulations on a Job Well Done!

Canadian police kill 'terror suspect' in Ontario armed swoop
Mounties carry out operation in Strathroy, Ontario, with public safety minister announcing ‘proper course of action’ was taken after credible threat

A suspect was killed when Canada’s national police force thwarted what an official said was a suicide bomb plot.

A senior police official said late on Wednesday that the suspect allegedly planned to use a bomb to carry out a suicide bombing mission in a public area but was killed in a police operation.

Canadian reports and police cited by the Associated Press said the operation centred on Aaron Driver, a man in his mid-20s and originally from Winnipeg, Manitoba, who had sympathised with the Islamic State group on social media and was under a court order not to associate with any terrorist group, including Isis.

In February, Driver’s lawyer and the prosecutor agreed to a peace bond stating there were “reasonable grounds to fear that he may participate, contribute directly or indirectly in the activity of a terrorist group.”

A police operation continued well into Wednesday night in the southern Ontario town of Strathroy, about 140 miles (225km) south-west of Toronto.

In Strathroy, resident Irene Lee said late on Wednesday that police had been camped out near her parents’ convenience store since about 4.15pm. At about that time, she said, she was at her home close by when she heard a loud noise. Shortly afterwards a police officer came by to tell residents to stay inside their homes.

Lee said there were up to 25 marked and unmarked cruisers outside a home on a street right behind her parents’ store.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said it halted a possible attack after receiving credible information of a potential terrorist threat.

The force said a suspect was identified and the “proper course of action has been taken” to ensure there was no danger to public safety.

The Canadian public safety minister Ralph Goodale said he had spoken to Justin Trudeau, the prime minister, about the events “to confirm that public safety has been and continues to be properly protected”.

The RCMP, Canadian Security Intelligence Service and other police and security agencies were involved in the operations, Goodale said.

“These agencies conducted themselves effectively in the circumstances that developed today,” Goodale said.

The national terrorism threat level for Canada remained at medium where it had stood since the fall of 2014, Goodale said.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
killing suspects is *****
We have courts and due process for a reason
one day YOU dear reader might be a suspect and you might appreciate that.

Mostly we have the FBI to thank for fake terror to justify their raises and to justify the taking of our rights
which is as gay ***** as it gets

In MUSLIM countries they shoot first use courts second.
So congrats CANADA we are now one step closer to what they AND HILLARY want

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Let me guess who taught that to them, Canadian Peacekeepers???

Maybe they could put out a training manual about how that is done. You lnow and then sell it online to other Nations. Big bucks for the chapter on what to do when you aren't cracking skulls.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Congratulation to the RCMP for a job well done. I appriciate the hard work. Keep it up.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
“These agencies conducted themselves effectively in the circumstances that developed today,” Goodale said.

So did the Stasi. I imagine the details will come out in a few years, and folks'll be able to see what really happened.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

Mostly we have the FBI to thank for fake terror to justify their raises and to justify the taking of our rights

You must smoke some good $hit

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

Yeah, so let me ask you this: if the police are trying to arrest someone who is trying to detonate an explosive, should the police run away, or just politely wait for him to finish?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Florida cop fatally shoots 73-year-old former librarian during role play
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/...-play-ends-up-fatally-shooting-volunteer.html

yeah shoot first ask questions later

Yeah, so let me ask you this: if the police are trying to arrest someone who is trying to detonate an explosive, should the police run away, or just politely wait for him to finish?

i dunno, if the guy is piloting a drone bomb into a wedding....

TRY PREVENTION!!!
Maybe not bombing the suspects family or country in the first place might be a good start
or did that obvious play not occur to you?

The innocent who gets his face blown off for no reason might be you
don't buy any pressure cookers or wear a knapsack eh>?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Of course, at this point you have nothing but the word of the cops that he was "trying to detonate an explosive."

I'm sure the facts will come out in time.

I kinda think shooting the guy was the way of preventing something from happening.
You could say the same about anybody.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Hard to answer, a fast threat accessment would have been made of course by the officers or officer and the decision was made to save lives, we suppose. No doubt further details will emerge.

Nasty bussiness this terrorism.

This young mans diet should have been improved long before this regretably tragedy.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
We should all be very grateful to the FBI and CSIS that this guy was stopped or we would be watching a different type of news reports. He detonated his bomb in the cab and injured the cab driver. This happened to have been a fool, who's bomb was obviously not very sophisticated. CSIS got a tip on this one, but does it matter where it came from? if CSIS sees something online they share with the US as well. Last year, thousands of treats were intercepted by CSIS, even if they are not plastered on CBC, they are still happening. CBC should be ashamed in their attempt to put down CSIS. We have our own homegrown, plus there's always the documented 60/80 who've actually fought in Syria for ISIS, and are back home in Canada. Does anybody trust them?