Should teacher colleges and public schools teach sex addiction remedies!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
It might already be the case for all I know (though I doubt it very much), but should a teacher college be required to inform its students of where to turn for help if they do suffer any kind of sex addiction, whether pedophilia, rape fantasies, or any other such problem?

Also, should sex addictions be included in sex ed so that a student who is at risk of abusing others as an adult will know where to turn for help before he hurts others?

Last edited:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
A great place for sexual predators to line-up a victim

Sorry, I don't follow? If what you mean is they shouldn't be working in schools in the first place, I see your point.

But given how they probably won't announce their problem publicly for obvious reasons, the best we can hope for is that if they do decide to pursue a career in education, that they know where to turn for help so that they not hurt anyone.

Should a judge have the discretionary power to meet out the death penalty to a sexual predator? Yes.

But better yet that the potential predator never become a predator at the start, no?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I don't believe that predation is 'taught' or learned and it's not exactly like there have not been instances where teachers haven't had sexual relations with their students

Huh?

1. It can be learnt if the predato was a victim as a child himself.

2. I'm well aware that teachers have had sexual relations with their students.

But this raises some questions:

1. Did they know where to turn for help with any form of sex addiction if any kind before committing the abuse, abd

2. Had they known where to turn for help, might they they have been better able to control their behaviour and so not abuse the child.

Again, no student at a teacher college or applicant to become a school teacher will openly admit to suffering rape fantasies, fantacies of sex with children, etc.

This means that we usually won't know about the problem until it's too late, and by then it's too late.

If including sex addiction as part of a sex ed curriculum could help even a fraction of potential predators to control their behaviour, we might then never know they are predators because they would have known where to turn for help before they hurt anyone.

Would you rather learn that a person had this problem after he hurt someone or never know because he would have known where to turn for help to learn to control his problem and so never hurt anyone?

Of course some might still abuse. But if it deters even some, that would still be a step forward. We could punish and we aught to, but by then it's already too late for his victim.