University of Regina camp for refugees splits boys and girls for swimming

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
This summer the University of Regina is offering Syrian refugee children the chance to enjoy the Canadian experience of summer camp, with a few changes to accommodate religion.

The kids are doing everything from art to sport, sometimes together, sometimes apart, depending on age and ability. But for swimming, the girls and boys are typically separated for religious reasons.

"If those opportunities weren't presented those children wouldn't be participating to be blunt," explained Dean of Kinesiology, Harold Riemer. "I think that would be unfortunate."

Riemer says some people will view this as a way to divide rather than assimilate, but he hopes people view this decision with the diverse, positive approach the university tried to take.

in other words the university didn't have the balls not to do this.

mo

University of Regina camp for refugees splits boys and girls for swimming | News Talk 980 CJME

https://soundcloud.com/brianlilley/sharia-swimming-immigration-the-supreme-court-and-more

To hear about sharia swimming at the University of Regina skip ahead to the 48:38 mark.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Then they unfortunately would not be able to partake in swimming session with Canadian children; their parents would have to take them on their own time. A modern democratic society should never bow to intolerance of any kind. Our little girls should not be made to feel different or inferior to refugee boys !!

Ask France and England how it worked for them?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
White Guy: I think males and females should be separated during various activities.
Progtards: You sexist, misogynist pig.
Muslim Guy: Males and females need to be separated during various activities.
Progtards: By all means! Let us prostrate ourselves in accommodation to your very reasonable demands.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Locutus; said:
This summer the University of Regina is offering Syrian refugee children the chance to enjoy the Canadian experience of summer camp, with a few changes to accommodate religion.

The kids are doing everything from art to sport, sometimes together, sometimes apart ...

in other words the university didn't have the balls not to do this.

High schools and church summer camps separate kids by gender here in Gopherland swim classes even though we don't have sharia.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I am reminded of the segregated camps I attended,
Loved when the councillor would fall asleep
Memory lane
Good on Regina

I don't get it
What I do get that there may be an offensive message in what you are saying

I meant this message

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Pitch em in Wascana Lake and let Allah sort em out. First one to catch a trout wins a copy of Swank. Boy, girl whatever. They'll need it and hey, who doesn't like a nice trout.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
High schools and church summer camps separate kids by gender here in Gopherland swim classes even though we don't have sharia.

Please explain. Seriously.

High Schools in Minnesota separate kids by gender or is it just high school camps? What about the new gender laws sweeping the nation? Minnesota is not complying? I've never known church summer camps to separate kids, they all played together.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
It's a leftard thing apologizing for muslims ...
Don't you dare apologize for anything Christian, unless you want to incur their wrath....:rolleyes:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Don't you dare apologize for anything Christian, unless you want to incur their wrath....:rolleyes:

I find it really hard to believe public high schools are separated by gender. Unless of course muslims are offended then I can easily see them separating boys from girls and COMPLETELY throwing any gender identity rights out the window.

But I'll let Gopher explain to us what he was referring to when he signs on tonight.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
DaSleeper; said:

That sure is a stupid reply. In case you didn't know it, some states even have separate math/science courses for girls on the grounds that they learn the subject better that way:

Girls-only math and science classes boost performance, but not attitudes

If you learn how to read and trouble yourself to read the article you will see that this schitt goes on in Canada as well. Back when I was in school gym classes were always segregated by gender, long before anyone ever heard of sharia or before the present right wing paranoia about imaginary Muslim enemies existed.

Please explain. Seriously.

High Schools in Minnesota separate kids by gender or is it just high school camps? What about the new gender laws sweeping the nation? Minnesota is not complying? I've never known church summer camps to separate kids, they all played together.

no need to explain - just google it next time:

Do boys and girls learn better separately? - StarTribune.com

if you do you will find links to summer camps, esp "Christian" ones who never heard of the word sharia

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

So some Minneapolis public schools are indeed bringing segregation back. Wow, the culture and demographics certainly are changing there!

if you do you will find links to summer camps, esp "Christian" ones who never heard of the word sharia

I did. I did not see any separation.

The Horror eh?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
That sure is a stupid reply. In case you didn't know it, some states even have separate math/science courses for girls on the grounds that they learn the subject better that way:

Girls-only math and science classes boost performance, but not attitudes

If you learn how to read and trouble yourself to read the article you will see that this schitt goes on in Canada as well. Back when I was in school gym classes were always segregated by gender, long before anyone ever heard of sharia or before the present right wing paranoia about imaginary Muslim enemies existed.
Yep I remember that from the 50's
There you go quoting ancient history to make excuses for Islam...always the leftard apologist I see....
They are acting that way because of the crusades....doncha no