CBC-TV Ad Sales Down 69%

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Paul McLeod Verified account ‏@pdmcleod

This is wild. After losing hockey rights, CBC’s TV ad sales fell a staggering 69%, reports Blacklock’s.

CBC-TV ad sales fell 69 percent last year with the loss of lucrative NHL licensing rights, according to Access To Information records. “Its view is that the business model for TV is broken,” said a confidential briefing paper for Heritage Minister Mélanie Joly.

Things You'll Never See On The CBC - Small Dead Animals

https://www.blacklocks.ca/cbc-tv-ad-sales-down-69/

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
This is horrific news. Trudeau will double or triple their budget. 2 or 3 billion to the CBC!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnZlAOSEmYQ

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Does that mean that the CBC is going to make more programming or just bigger admin. buildings?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Paul McLeod Verified account ‏@pdmcleod

This is wild. After losing hockey rights, CBC’s TV ad sales fell a staggering 69%, reports Blacklock’s.

CBC-TV ad sales fell 69 percent last year with the loss of lucrative NHL licensing rights, according to Access To Information records. “Its view is that the business model for TV is broken,” said a confidential briefing paper for Heritage Minister Mélanie Joly.

Things You'll Never See On The CBC - Small Dead Animals

https://www.blacklocks.ca/cbc-tv-ad-sales-down-69/

The programming model is broken. When you have to google everything the national broadcaster flings your way it means your an unreliable untrustworthy bunch of telegenic presstitutes. A business model failure well I'm sure the jury at your trial will understand the difficulty of conveying the truth in todays fast paced news cycle.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Both. Management is at their wit's end. The staff is scared.

In one studio, the black and white photos of Don Harron and Peter Gzowski have been taken down and locked in storage because the pix are said to move and cuss. Gzowsk's photo was particularly disturbing. The morphed pic not only shows a young Gzowski smoking, but you can smell it too.

Personally, I was shocked to hear about Harron cussing.Apparently, the B&W photo changed to colour and started cussing. NOTE TO CBC MANAGEMENT: Don is ticked!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
It's too bad Harper wasn't a real fiscal conservative that would have changed the broadcasting act.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
You have me at a disadvantage. Where is North Winnipeg? I googled 'north Winnipeg', but all that appeared were pictures of run down tenement buildings, similar to most of the UK.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Both. Management is at their wit's end. The staff is scared.

In one studio, the black and white photos of Don Harron and Peter Gzowski have been taken down and locked in storage because the pix are said to move and cuss. Gzowsk's photo was particularly disturbing. The morphed pic not only shows a young Gzowski smoking, but you can smell it too.

Personally, I was shocked to hear about Harron cussing.Apparently, the B&W photo changed to colour and started cussing. NOTE TO CBC MANAGEMENT: Don is ticked!

Management has no wit and the staff are right to be scared because they're guilty of war crimes under the various defining legislations. They have for a price broadcast million of hours BS TV. Remember that Rhawandan public radio personality that was tried and found guilty not to long ago.
I think it's due for reconfiguration which should really keep facts in the forfront 99% facts and 1% I wonder ifs or it has been saids , or it looks likes, or damn Putin and the bloodthirsty Russsians and thier unscrupulous frinds the Red Chinese..
That,s just an opinion of course but it is rather wide spread.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Photo ops! of course what a hideous weapon.

Imagine being questioned because they've found you in a picture with him at some time in the future possibly during war reparation discussions.

There was some talk about the subject of add sales at one time and what could be the repercussions.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario

cowlips, anglized version of câlice.(challice). pronouced CAWliss!

Quebec French profanity usually involves the use of church expressions, or the corruption of church words or expressions, when cursing.

Les sacres québécois, or French swear words, simplified par M. Lauent Paquin.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBB6_l0FlRo