Violent crime surges in Canada for the first time in 12 years

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Police-reported crime in Canada went up last year for the first time in over a decade, Statistics Canada revealed on Wednesday, with particularly startling upswings in violent crime across the country.

The number of attempted murders alone was up 22 per cent year-over-year, the agency said.

Canada’s Crime Severity Index (CSI) and the overall crime rate both grew between 2014 and 2015, with the CSI (an index that measures both the volume and severity of police-reported crime) up 5 per cent.

mo

Violent crime surges in Canada for the first time in 12 years | Globalnews.ca

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Police-reported crime in Canada continued to decrease in volume and severity
Declines in police-reported crime recorded by almost all provinces and territories
Several census metropolitan areas recorded an increase in the volume and severity of police-reported crime
Police-reported crime statistics in Canada, 2014

ah
peace and quiet in the boonies

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
This morning at 04:30 I was awaken by the unmistakable sounds of hen disstress just ouside my window on the front lawn. The trail of feathers leads north by west a bit into the bush. I believe I will have to recover the cost this fall with fox pelts. My investigation is preliminary at this point however and the redtails and bald egale have not been officially eliminated as suspect.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I wonder if that might not be connected with the economy.

No, no, no, no..... 'cause trudeau.

anything that is bad, or can be spun bad.... 'cause trudeau.

anything that is good, or can't be spun bad.....in-spite of trudeau.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
No, no, no, no..... 'cause trudeau.

As a retired criminal I can say with confidence that this vicious rumour is unfounded.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
criminals have to pay those damn exorbitant taxes on ciggies and beer...and soon, to be, maybe, weed, not to mention the coming carbon taxes, GST HST...

so really, they are just working for the government...
this is the result of law and order types meddling with the legal system...

also the industries which need these criminals...
the cops, the judges, courts, lawyers, jailors, etc...

no criminals...no economy,
it would seem...

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
He hasnt had enough time to have any effect on the judiciary or police actions. No laws relating to that have been changed so far. Im not a fan of the guy but I prefer to criticize him on things we know he has done rather than what might be the case. I thought the same of the last guy too.

Well he's done nothing so the criticizim should reflect that and I believe it does, the world loves him and line up globally for one of his much sought after selfies.

Not really.

You could try Ebay......could take a while though.......best clear some room in the fridge.

You're shy.
That's cute.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
He hasnt had enough time to have any effect on the judiciary or police actions. No laws relating to that have been changed so far. Im not a fan of the guy but I prefer to criticize him on things we know he has done rather than what might be the case. I thought the same of the last guy too.

You're right.

I was actually just trolling a bit and having some fun at someone else's expense.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Police-reported crime in Canada went up last year for the first time in over a decade, Statistics Canada revealed on Wednesday, with particularly startling upswings in violent crime across the country.

The number of attempted murders alone was up 22 per cent year-over-year, the agency said.

Canada’s Crime Severity Index (CSI) and the overall crime rate both grew between 2014 and 2015, with the CSI (an index that measures both the volume and severity of police-reported crime) up 5 per cent.

mo

Violent crime surges in Canada for the first time in 12 years | Globalnews.ca

ISIS or mold, take your pick but be aware that recovery calls for different 'meds'. One is cutting off their heads and the other involves feeding 2% more 02 to the brain and body for an extended period of time, like a full year. Cost $30 for the O3 machine and power bills equal to that of having a night light in every plugin. Step right up and take your meds.

I was actually just trolling a bit and having some fun at someone else's expense.
Sharp intake of breath and slowly backs out of the doorway and closes the door softly.