Bummer that you must ignore your father while.........

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
pretending to care. Do any of you kids know what Pierre Elliot Trudeau was doing during WW11? Riding around Montreal on a motorcycle and wearing a German war helmet whilst giving the finger to Canadian soldiers that is what.
His kid is pretending to care about that which his father detested, nice try wimp boy.
Emotional day as Trudeau pays respects at most notorious Nazi death camp | National Post

that thing is born of de bac tank, it's not human , it's not Canadian, it's not good for Canadians, there must several million individuals ib these provinces better than that freak to guide us

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That is a LIE and You Are a Liar!
I believe that is an established fact. Skook hates everybody left of Genghis Khan.

Not sure which British Prince, son of Lizzy, who dressed up as a Nazi officer (William?). Didn't Ford, Bush, Rockefeller, etc, support Hitler? And Time magazine name him Man of the Year twice? Me thinks Skook has been looking in the mirror again.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I believe that is an established fact. Skook hates everybody left of Genghis Khan.

Not sure which British Prince, son of Lizzy, who dressed up as a Nazi officer (William?). Didn't Ford, Bush, Rockefeller, etc, support Hitler? And Time magazine name him Man of the Year twice? Me thinks Skook has been looking in the mirror again.

It was Harry who dressed as a German soldier.

Before the USA entered the war, US corporations were still doing business with Germany (as well as Britain). They were officially neutral until Pearl Harbor. They were not pro-Hitler but were doing business with Germany.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle

Make you feel good hippy boy? What about the draft aimed at Quebecers and none of the rest of Canada during two world wars? Conscription they called it, it was for the cliffies.
What about the group of conscripted Quebec soldiers that threatened to throw their rifles overboard in Halifax during WW11? How about that lie Bill.

Does anyone believe what Time magazine says?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I believe that is an established fact.

no, its not. its just skook showing his ignorance and how he is very good at repeating hearsay without doing any research. The simnple minded are very good at that.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
no, its not. its just skook showing his ignorance and how he is very good at repeating hearsay without doing any research. The simnple minded are very good at that.

Find your proof Gerry, btw, my father was there when the cowards wanted to deep six their rifles and he watched as an officer said they would be immediately be shot if they did it. He was a Canadian soldier with the rank of Sgt, one of the real ones who had not been taught to whine about PTSD and got on with their lives.
Google is not your friend regarding the draft in part of Canada but keep looking.
There is — I’m told — a Greek proverb that says, “A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit in.”

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Find your proof Gerry, btw, my father was there when the cowards wanted to deep six their rifles and he watched as an officer said they would be immediately be shot if they did it. He was a Canadian soldier with the rank of Sgt, one of the real ones who had not been taught to whine about PTSD and got on with their lives.
Google is not your friend regarding the draft in part of Canada but keep looking.
There is — I’m told — a Greek proverb that says, “A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit in.”

Well, isn't that special. Has nothing to do with your original statement concerning P.E.T and his motorcycle ride in '42, but special just the same.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

I am a retired soldier. In 1998, I buried two of my soldiers on the same weekend because of separate suicides. Along with being a retired soldier I am very good friends with one of Canada's most knowledgeable historians on World War One and I have read about thirty books on the subject. In addition to having read that many books on the Great War, I have also read a dozen or so books on World War Two, a few on Korea, a number of books on the both Gulf Wars and three on Afghanistan.

In addition to this post career reading I also trained a number of soldiers who were deployed to Afghanistan. And I also have a son and a nephew who have served in both the war in Afghanistan and the war that Justin Trudeau doesn't like talking about; Iraq.

With that in mind, I will point out that Post Traumatic Disorder was not identified until the early part of the 21st century, but it has been around an awful long time. In fact, I would hazard a guess that as long as man has perpetrated horrific acts upon one another, PTSD has existed. Basically, thousands of years.

I would like to know a few things about yourself and your father the sergeant. First of all, where did he serve? Secondly, did he give you this notion that Canadian soldiers are being taught to whine about PTSD? Or, as I suspect, is that your ignorance of the facts? I have met a few of those men's men who gripe about soldiers who come forward after seeing battle circumstances. My nephew has PTSD, he was in some of the bloodiest fighting in the Afghan war. He saw his friend vaporized by an IED and had to pick up what was left to take back to KAF. He then went out on a mission and took out the IED team.

Do you know how many Canadian soldiers were executed by the British military for what they called cowardice in the Great War? Now, in retrospect, we know that these men were not cowards, but permanently broken by the horror of war. Do you know how many of those 'men's men' went home after world war one, two, Korea, and suffered in silence, because that was what was expected of them? Do you have any idea how many became alcoholics, abusers, even killers? I bet you don't, because they were told to go home and carry on like nothing happened, but many of them suffered in silence and some simply took their lives or migrated to the Legion only to be regarded as drunkard vets living in the past.

I find your comments to be quite ignorant of the facts and I bet if your Sergeant Father were alive today, as I presume he is gone, he would probably be disappointed by such a short sighted uneducated comment. If you think I am being unkind, consider the alternative. I could be agreeing with you that your pop was a 'man's man' who did what had to be done and held those who complained after the war were weak or cowardly in contempt, but that would make him a sociopath or a bullsh*tter.

Have you ever served? Ever met the eyes of the children of one of your soldiers who didn't bother to whine, but took option two; which just happened to be the quickest. I find it rather disheartening when I hear civilians talking about the weakness of today's military. Most of these civilian complainers couldn't walk a mile in the shoes of a short order cook, never mind a combat veteran.

You should think before you say things, it does your father the veteran a great dishonor by slandering his brothers and sisters in arms.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That is a LIE and You Are a Liar!

I question that, about 20 years ago some unflattering facts came to light about Papa Trudeau, some of which were substantiated...............unfortunately my memory is the only link I have at this time, but no doubt others have kept a record of it. A bit of a prig regardless! :)

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I am a retired soldier. In 1998, I buried two of my soldiers on the same weekend because of separate suicides. Along with being a retired soldier I am very good friends with one of Canada's most knowledgeable historians on World War One and I have read about thirty books on the subject. In addition to having read that many books on the Great War, I have also read a dozen or so books on World War Two, a few on Korea, a number of books on the both Gulf Wars and three on Afghanistan.

In addition to this post career reading I also trained a number of soldiers who were deployed to Afghanistan. And I also have a son and a nephew who have served in both the war in Afghanistan and the war that Justin Trudeau doesn't like talking about; Iraq.

With that in mind, I will point out that Post Traumatic Disorder was not identified until the early part of the 21st century, but it has been around an awful long time. In fact, I would hazard a guess that as long as man has perpetrated horrific acts upon one another, PTSD has existed. Basically, thousands of years.

I would like to know a few things about yourself and your father the sergeant. First of all, where did he serve? Secondly, did he give you this notion that Canadian soldiers are being taught to whine about PTSD? Or, as I suspect, is that your ignorance of the facts? I have met a few of those men's men who gripe about soldiers who come forward after seeing battle circumstances. My nephew has PTSD, he was in some of the bloodiest fighting in the Afghan war. He saw his friend vaporized by an IED and had to pick up what was left to take back to KAF. He then went out on a mission and took out the IED team.

Do you know how many Canadian soldiers were executed by the British military for what they called cowardice in the Great War? Now, in retrospect, we know that these men were not cowards, but permanently broken by the horror of war. Do you know how many of those 'men's men' went home after world war one, two, Korea, and suffered in silence, because that was what was expected of them? Do you have any idea how many became alcoholics, abusers, even killers? I bet you don't, because they were told to go home and carry on like nothing happened, but many of them suffered in silence and some simply took their lives or migrated to the Legion only to be regarded as drunkard vets living in the past.

I find your comments to be quite ignorant of the facts and I bet if your Sergeant Father were alive today, as I presume he is gone, he would probably be disappointed by such a short sighted uneducated comment. If you think I am being unkind, consider the alternative. I could be agreeing with you that your pop was a 'man's man' who did what had to be done and held those who complained after the war were weak or cowardly in contempt, but that would make him a sociopath or a bullsh*tter.

Have you ever served? Ever met the eyes of the children of one of your soldiers who didn't bother to whine, but took option two; which just happened to be the quickest. I find it rather disheartening when I hear civilians talking about the weakness of today's military. Most of these civilian complainers couldn't walk a mile in the shoes of a short order cook, never mind a combat veteran.

You should think before you say things, it does your father the veteran a great dishonor by slandering his brothers and sisters in arms.

My evaluation of PTSD, is they will increase relatively to the high standards of life we enjoy. Someone exposed to very harsh life from a very young age will have grown "acclamatized" and will have less chances of developing PTSD comparatively to someone who will have enjoyed a very peaceful and stress free environment while growing up.

Coping is not unlike a muscle, it can always snap, but it also can grow very strong, with years of strain.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My evaluation of PTSD, is they will increase relatively to the high standards of life we enjoy. Someone exposed to very harsh life from a very young age will have grown "acclamatized" and will have less chances of developing PTSD comparatively to someone who will have enjoyed a very peaceful and stress free environment while growing up.

Coping is not unlike a muscle, it can always snap, but it also can grow very strong, with years of strain.

Yep, adversity builds character! :)

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
From http://www.thecanadaguide.com/canadian-urban-legends

"According to biographers Max Nemni and Monique Nemni, authors of Young Trudeau: 1919-1944: Son of Quebec, Father of Canada, the motorcycle/helmet story “has as many variants as there are storytellers, each embroidering freely on the known facts.” Credible sources do seem to agree, however, that young Pierre and his friend Roger Rolland (1921-2011) played a prank in 1942 that involved dressing up in European military uniforms and riding around on their motorbikes.

The Nemnis quote Rolland’s memory of the prank, in which he recounts that it was he, not Trudeau who wore the German army helmet (from the First World War, incidentally). Rolland similarly claims, in the Nemnis’ words, that the point of the prank was simply to surprise some friends with “outlandish disguises,” — “not to convey some political message.” The Nemnis themselves seem skeptical, and question ”how two educated young men in their early twenties, in the midst of a world war, could find such a prank appropriate.”

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
My father had PTSD (not diagnosed) and would explode into violence when stressed. It was common to WW11 vets to stuff their emotions until the cork would pop. My dad never complained. He was as stoic as they come. He never drank, smoked or swore but when his emotions exploded, his violence was a terrible thing to witness. So, ya, Skook is blowing smoke out his butt as usual.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
pretending to care. Do any of you kids know what Pierre Elliot Trudeau was doing during WW11? Riding around Montreal on a motorcycle and wearing a German war helmet whilst giving the finger to Canadian soldiers that is what.
His kid is pretending to care about that which his father detested, nice try wimp boy.
Emotional day as Trudeau pays respects at most notorious Nazi death camp | National Post
So, your point is that it is impossible for sons to differ from their fathers?