Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne takes credit for CPP deal

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Small business owners deserve to pay - they are all scam artists.

Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne took credit Tuesday for the agreement reached by the country's finance ministers to enhance the Canada Pension Plan.

It was Ontario's constant demand to ensure people have an adequate retirement income and it's decision to pass legislation creating a provincial pension plan that prevented the issue from languishing on the back burner, Wynne said.

"Quite frankly, I was a thorn in the side of many of my colleagues," she said. "I kept bringing this up. I kept making it clear that we were moving ahead, and I kept making it clear that we all knew that there was a national problem."

Wynne said Ontario's preference was always for increased benefits under the CPP. She added that the province only decided to create its own plan when the previous federal Conservative government refused to consider anything that would increase premiums paid by employers.

Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne takes credit for CPP deal - BNN News

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Will she take credit for turning our electrical grid into the most expensive grid in North America that burns the most fossil fuel out of all of them?

Will she take credit that we have to pay neighbouring electrical grids to take our extra electricity because it's irregular voltage is more troublesome to control then what it's worth?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Will she take credit for being a fu€hing retarded environmental idiot that has no clue at all what she is doing?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I'm telling you all right now, environmentalist have more chance of destroying the planet with their stupidity then saving it.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The Dyke-bitch is only happy when citizens lose more of their liberty.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Small business owners deserve to pay - they are all scam artists.

Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne took credit Tuesday for the agreement reached by the country's finance ministers to enhance the Canada Pension Plan.

It was Ontario's constant demand to ensure people have an adequate retirement income and it's decision to pass legislation creating a provincial pension plan that prevented the issue from languishing on the back burner, Wynne said.

"Quite frankly, I was a thorn in the side of many of my colleagues," she said. "I kept bringing this up. I kept making it clear that we were moving ahead, and I kept making it clear that we all knew that there was a national problem."

Wynne said Ontario's preference was always for increased benefits under the CPP. She added that the province only decided to create its own plan when the previous federal Conservative government refused to consider anything that would increase premiums paid by employers.

Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne takes credit for CPP deal - BNN News

I never knew government was considered small business.

10larry

Electoral Member
Apr 6, 2010
Niagara Falls
The spin is of course to make geezer years more comfortable and some will benefit but her hidden agenda be really shallow, retirement means increased age and increased age means increased health care visits and eventually for many a long term care facility. 'Universal' health care comes to a screeching halt at this point and many can't afford the long term care tab so queens park gets $tuck. Increased pension is an insurance policy funded by companies and workers with gov as the beneficiary to help cover costs for these slackers. The real challenge for ontarians is to survive wait lists.
http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2014/06/05/beware_of_hospital_discharge_planners_goar.html

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan
Wynne is worse than Hilliary Clinton and Donald Trump combined and multiplied by 6. If she takes credit for something, hold your wallet and run the other way because she does not have you in mind. If you are middle class, say earning between 50 and 80 thousand, you are going to get doubly fleeced. Contributions now stop after an employee earns more than $54,000, but that ceiling is jumping all the way to $83,000. Bend Dover.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Wynne is worse than Hilliary Clinton and Donald Trump combined and multiplied by 6. If she takes credit for something, hold your wallet and run the other way because she does not have you in mind. If you are middle class, say earning between 50 and 80 thousand, you are going to get doubly fleeced. Contributions now stop after an employee earns more than $54,000, but that ceiling is jumping all the way to $83,000. Bend Dover.

Never could figure out what that woman's special talents are that led to her being Premier!

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Never could figure out what that woman's special talents are that led to her being Premier!

She got elected for pro Union agenda, and is doing anything but that.
Shows how much of a political midget she is if she can't even realize a simple truth like that.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Seriously? It's been explained to you in thread after thread. Including this one.
But here's the most important thing you should take away. For every MW of wind power, you need 1 MW of backup. In Ontario, that means natgas. As you keep firing the gas plants up and then shutting them off again to adjust to the needs of the vagaries of wind power, you actually burn more gas than if you just left the things provide power all the time. And burning more gas means generating more GHGs.
Wind (and solar) power also don't travel well. What I mean is, there's a substantial loss of transmission when transferring wind and solar power from one grid to another. That was just one of the reasons why Germany pretty much scrapped their green energy program.
Not to mention placement. The wind farm in southwestern Ontario that runs through Essex County was an incredibly stupid place to put a wind farm. In the summer, there's not much of a breeze, even off the lake. They've also basically made unusable some of the best farmland in Ontario and the country. On top of that, the nacelles, which hold about 900 liters of oil, leak, are contaminating the land around them. But I guess destroying arable farmland is something that can be ignored as long as it's "green" energy causing the problem.

The footprint of Ontario's wind farms is about 10 times the size of the Bruce NPP footprint while having about 1 third of the capacity. Keep in mind too that until very recently, the Bruce NPP was the highest capacity nuclear power plant in the world.

The simple fact is, wind power right now at least, is neither good enough nor reliable enough to use as a primary source of power. It's a secondary source, at best.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
What's to explain? The '€' is a see and the 'h' is a kay

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Seriously? It's been explained to you in thread after thread. Including this one.
But here's the most important thing you should take away. For every MW of wind power, you need 1 MW of backup. In Ontario, that means natgas. As you keep firing the gas plants up and then shutting them off again to adjust to the needs of the vagaries of wind power, you actually burn more gas than if you just left the things provide power all the time. And burning more gas means generating more GHGs.
Wind (and solar) power also don't travel well. What I mean is, there's a substantial loss of transmission when transferring wind and solar power from one grid to another. That was just one of the reasons why Germany pretty much scrapped their green energy program.
Not to mention placement. The wind farm in southwestern Ontario that runs through Essex County was an incredibly stupid place to put a wind farm. In the summer, there's not much of a breeze, even off the lake. They've also basically made unusable some of the best farmland in Ontario and the country. On top of that, the nacelles, which hold about 900 liters of oil, leak, are contaminating the land around them. But I guess destroying arable farmland is something that can be ignored as long as it's "green" energy causing the problem.

The footprint of Ontario's wind farms is about 10 times the size of the Bruce NPP footprint while having about 1 third of the capacity. Keep in mind too that until very recently, the Bruce NPP was the highest capacity nuclear power plant in the world.

The simple fact is, wind power right now at least, is neither good enough nor reliable enough to use as a primary source of power. It's a secondary source, at best.

But the stupid environmentalist can't understand that we now have the most expensive electricity, and we use more fossil fuel to achieve it. Case closed. Mentalfart is a fu€king retard.