Liberals refuse top up fund for those affected by tainted-blood scandal

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
sunny ways my friends

When David McKinnon learned that the blood transfusion he received during surgery as a young man had infected him with hepatitis C, he began the process of applying for compensation from the federal government.

Mr. McKinnon, who was among the thousands of victims of one of the most tragic health scandals in Canadian history, wanted to ensure that his wife, Elizabeth, and their six children were cared for.

He passed away in 2010 at the age of 50, four weeks after tumours on his liver related to the disease surfaced for a second time. But his widow is still waiting for the money that was promised by the government.

“We spent all kinds of money and time to get all of the documentation that was required for the file to be accepted. It took probably two years,” Elizabeth McKinnon said in a telephone interview from her home on Vancouver Island on Thursday. “And there has been nothing but ‘we have to wait for this court hearing and that judgment.’”

The McKinnons are among the victims, and families of victims, who are entitled to a share of the compensation package that was offered by the federal government in 2007 because of the inadequate safeguards that had been placed on the Canadian blood supply. But because the billion-dollar fund for those who were infected with the hepatitis C virus (HCV) through tainted blood before 1986 or after 1990 has run dry, more than 300 claims have gone unpaid.

mo

Liberals refuse top up fund for those affected by tainted-blood scandal - The Globe and Mail

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Tainted Blood, that's me, why have you summond me, where is the beer fool, I will trample your villiage to sawdust, oh thankyou, carlsburg, I love it, but the scandle was worth it! Numbers matter, don't ask me why, I don't know.

I want two hundred dollars a month to start for my work here. The statues are extra, concepts of statues, I need cad staff

together we can build a death star, that will fix everything

Just sail arround the solar system burning anything in the way of progress, the fukkin conservatives must be watched cus they most often want to conserve some crap they've been to school to learn, battles and date corinations and funerals, no physics no progress, welcome to the dark ages,

Yes well they cirtainly can complicate you forward movment through the system. Unpaid claims, they win, that's power, that's you and me theoreticaly. Don't believe it, it's the sword for sure, crush an burn or face the same progressing fate, progress and developement I guess.
good night