When we run out of money to borrow...

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
And then what do we do?

As long as usurious rates are being charged on borrowed money that will not likely happen! The only feasible way I can see is if all these rotten bastards were to suddenly die a quick death! That will probably be a blessing is disguise.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

We are the only species that has to pay to live here. Are we that dense?

Not only do you not understand your own question, you have no idea how fiat currency works.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

We are the only species that has to pay to live here. Are we that dense?

Not only do you not understand your own question, you have no idea how fiat currency works.

Are you saying just need to wait for the boomers to die and I'll inherit the earth :lol:

10larry

Electoral Member
Apr 6, 2010
Niagara Falls
Not to worry we're already there, the $700+ tril financial derivatives market is a disaster just waiting for a pin prick. Politicians are starting to twig on and a tax on financial xactions has been floated. If some tax scheme is not soon placed on speculative xactions this fiat currency black hole will feast ravenously, gulping faster than we can print more paper.
Having to depend on political types to do what's needed is the scary bit.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Not to worry we're already there, the $700+ tril financial derivatives market is a disaster just waiting for a pin prick. Politicians are starting to twig on and a tax on financial xactions has been floated. If some tax scheme is not soon placed on speculative xactions this fiat currency black hole will feast ravenously, gulping faster than we can print more paper.
Having to depend on political types to do what's needed is the scary bit.
And England leaving the EU leaving Germany with the only real functioning economy might help speed things along .

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The tax collector?

I've never met the tax collector. It usually communicates with me through letters. Is it an alien? Another terrestrial species perhaps? I'm just wondering because humans are the only species that pays to live on the earth. Who are we paying?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I've never met the tax collector. It usually communicates with me through letters. Is it an alien? Another terrestrial species perhaps? I'm just wondering because humans are the only species that pays to live on the earth. Who are we paying?

O.K. try this....................the maintenance people who maintain it, the guy that supervises the maintenance people & schedules the work, the people who supply the equipment etc. etc. etc. :)

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
O.K. try this....................the maintenance people who maintain it, the guy that supervises the maintenance people & schedules the work, the people who supply the equipment etc. etc. etc. :)

Look, my point is that it's hardly a meaningful observation that humans are the only species that pays to live on the planet. Who do humans pay? Humans pay humans. We pay because our society is organized for mutual aid. The concept is abstracted with money but we don't pay to live on the earth; we are paid for the services we provide society and we pay others for theirs. The problem is when the system is unjust.