London, Ont. mayor taking leave following affair with deputy mayor

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Lorrie Goldstein Verified account ‏@sunlorrie

Holy Crap! A sex scandal in London, Ontario! Mayor taking leave following affair with deputy mayor

London, Ont. Mayor Matt Brown is temporarily stepping down from his post after admitting to engaging in an “inappropriate” months long affair with Deputy Mayor Maureen Cassidy, who resigned Tuesday evening.

The mayor, who is married with two young children, confirmed the infidelity to AM980 during an exclusive interview. AM980 has been investigating claims of the affair from several sources at city hall.

“Over the past many months, during a period of intense workload, I developed a close working relationship and ultimately an inappropriate personal relationship with Deputy Mayor Maureen Cassidy, for a brief period of time. This was a grave error in judgement on my part. The relationship ended some time ago,” Brown said.

“I am deeply sorry for the pain that this has caused — for my wife, my family and everyone involved. I make no excuses for my behaviour and my poor judgement in my personal life.”

mo

London, Ont. mayor taking leave following affair with deputy mayor | Globalnews.ca

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Really. I thought it didn't matter who you loved anymore. Must be a right wing plot to impose outdated 'morals'. Geez, we finally get rid of the Sunday shopping ban and now this.