Dangerous, late, over budget.. bonus time!!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
On Wall St, if you drive your employer into bankruptcy, you get rewarded with performance bonuses.
You bet. I recollect one year the CEO of Time Warner got a $50 million bonus for a year in which TW lost a BILLION dollars.

See, here's how it works. . .

Company does real good - "We the directors are voting President Smedlap a bonus for outstanding performance."

Company goes in the toilet - "We the directors are voting President Smedlap a bonus for seeing the company through hard times."

And of course Smedlap'll decide director compensation just absolutely has to go up 50% this year.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The seats at Timmie's Field must be made out of some space-age material. I watched the vid twice and the only damage I could see was a small dent at the top of one seat - from a 150lb speaker.

Go Ti-Cats

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The seats at Timmie's Field must be made out of some space-age material. I watched the vid twice and the only damage I could see was a small dent at the top of one seat - from a 150lb speaker.

Go Ti-Cats

I spent a lot of time bidding on work for that stadium. (The ripped down Ivor Wynne Stadium, rotated it 90° and put it back up, again)

Did you know that the architects are Europeans, not Canadian or North American?

..'cause we ain't got none of those here on the frontier?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

10larry

Electoral Member
Apr 6, 2010
Niagara Falls
Agree, performance bonuses of late are no longer related to performance, fortunately we didn't give thugs the keys to the treasury like the u.s., banksters paulson and geithner looked after their wall street buddies really well using taxpayers as marks.
On the news tonight they said the speaker heavy enough to cause serious injury after impact rolled to the bottom of the stands, to make a ludicrous situation even more ludicrous the safety cable attached to prevent the speaker(s) from falling snapped.
Pick up some coin via lawsuit but imo heads should roll and any bonuses out of the question, why pay to get crap erected.... eventually?
http://www.chch.com/investigation-continues-tim-hortons-field-faulty-speakers/