Saying the Liberals are short on science would be the understatement of the decade

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Count the losses: Grain Farmers of Ontario to study if neonic ban will really cost average farmer $61,000 per year in lost income

The Grain Farmers of Ontario (GFO) has commissioned a study to look at the long-term economic impact the new neonicotinoid regulations will have on Ontario farmers.

This is the next step in the GFO’s battle against the regulations after losing a court appeal on April 20. The GFO has hired BDO, a Canadian accounting and advisory firm, to study the economic impact over the next three years to give the GFO hard data to bring to the government. Whether the GFO wants the province to change the regulations or come up with a program to compensate farmers for their losses is still up in the air.

A cynic might say the province can always blame lower yields on numerous factors other than neonics.

“I guess it depends on how responsible the government wants to be for its actions,” said GFO chair Mark Brock. “Ultimately it’s up to government to decide what they want to do. If we were to put together decent numbers in a good report that reflects on issues to untreated seeds, I think government needs to realize we’re not trying to make this up.”

There have already been numerous studies that looked at the economics of neonics but this will be the first one to use real-time numbers instead of estimates.

A 2014 Conference Board of Canada report said that restricting the use of neonicotinoids would reduce corn and soybean revenues by more than $630-million per year in Ontario. Taking into account the 28,000 members of the Grain Farmers of Ontario, that equals about $22,500 per farmer.

mo

Count the losses: Grain Farmers of Ontario to study if neonic ban will really cost average farmer $61,000 per year in lost income | FarmersForum.com

le nice comment:

Neonics?

WTF? Even my spell-checker doesn't recognize the wurd/term.

What is the Left's most successful method for moving the goal posts? Invent new terminology and PRETEND that it has some legitimacy. (who legitimizes it? Leftists and their Sycophants on the Right who want to pretend they're reasonable, that's who)