PMO looking at ways to ease Sophie Grégoire Trudeau’s workload

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
pathetic

The Prime Minister’s Office is exploring various options – including hiring a second staffer – after Sophie Grégoire Trudeau publicly complained she is struggling to deal with the workload that comes with her duties, federal officials told The Globe and Mail.

Speaking in Quebec City earlier this week, Ms. Grégoire Trudeau bluntly said she and her current assistant can’t manage the number of demands that come from being a high-profile, bilingual and much sought-after speaker. Various groups and charitable organizations regularly invite Ms. Grégoire Trudeau to promote their causes, but the constant requests are proving impossible to address under current circumstances, she said.

mo

PMO looking at ways to ease Sophie Grégoire Trudeau’s workload - The Globe and Mail

Right Wing Bastard ‏@RiWiBas

Compare Laureen's workload to Sophie's.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
The demands of the First Lady must be overwhelming,
Myself,I am surprised our FirstLady has only one assistant,I would have expected at least 3 assistants.
I am a big believer Canada's First Lady has a big role to play within Canada's "giving of time "department of Canadian politics and more so of benevolence contributions.
I say give Sophie what she wants so she can do her work well

Come to think of it three assistants seems minimal.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I would suspect Sophie would say yes to being a dutiful ,attentive,loving mother,you are talking apples and oranges,I don't See what you see in relationships of mothers and careers.

I hope the heck Sophie has nannies.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
How about opening up the PMSO in the East Wing?

The "Prime Minister's Spouse's Office".

The Liberals are back in town! There's something for everyone!

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Sheila Gunn Reid Verified account ‏@SheilaGunnReid

Imagine imagine. Ok really imagine. How volcanic would the media and the Left be if Laureen Harper had uttered this?

also, when Mila Mulroney tried doing something similar (including wanting military and R.C.M.P. to salute her like American military and U.S.M.C. did for Nancy Reagan) that she was rightly mocked for it and dropped the idea.

and hey kids...try to imagine queen sophie in this role:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Myself,I am surprised our FirstLady has only one assistant,I would have expected at least 3 assistants.
I am a big believer Canada's First Lady has a big role to play within Canada's "giving of time "department of Canadian politics and more so of benevolence contributions.

I would suspect Sophie would say yes to being a dutiful ,attentive,loving mother,you are talking apples and oranges,I don't See what you see in relationships of mothers and careers.

I hope the heck Sophie has nannies.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Here's what I'm hearing. "I want Canadians to pay for more strangers to raise my kids so I can continue being an attention wh*re."

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Please...............stop calling her our 'first lady' that is a title applied to the US President's wife. Sophie is the PM's wife.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
pathetic

The Prime Minister’s Office is exploring various options – including hiring a second staffer – after Sophie Grégoire Trudeau publicly complained she is struggling to deal with the workload that comes with her duties, federal officials told The Globe and Mail.

Speaking in Quebec City earlier this week, Ms. Grégoire Trudeau bluntly said she and her current assistant can’t manage the number of demands that come from being a high-profile, bilingual and much sought-after speaker. Various groups and charitable organizations regularly invite Ms. Grégoire Trudeau to promote their causes, but the constant requests are proving impossible to address under current circumstances, she said.

mo

PMO looking at ways to ease Sophie Grégoire Trudeau’s workload - The Globe and Mail

Right Wing Bastard ‏@RiWiBas

Compare Laureen's workload to Sophie's.

Poor little rich kid....

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Sheila Gunn Reid Verified account ‏@SheilaGunnReid

Imagine imagine. Ok really imagine. How volcanic would the media and the Left be if Laureen Harper had uttered this?

also, when Mila Mulroney tried doing something similar (including wanting military and R.C.M.P. to salute her like American military and U.S.M.C. did for Nancy Reagan) that she was rightly mocked for it and dropped the idea.

and hey kids...try to imagine queen sophie in this role:

My God! 24 Sussex Drive REALLY IS in bad shape!