Consevative Party leadership contest

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Kellie Leitch is the first one to jump in. She's my MP and I may support her but I'll wait to see her platform before I decide.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Tory leadership candidate Kellie Leitch became visibly emotional while trying to explain her decision to front the launch of the Conservatives tip line for reporting barbaric cultural practices during the recent federal election.

The former minister in Stephen Harper's government told CBC News Network's Power & Politics that she wishes she never took part in the election announcement.

And blubbering accordingly. .....

And no doubt shedding a tear or two for the state of her campaign and the state of her campaign manager.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
People, including children can call 911 if they have a problem. I'm fascinated by the sheer volume of times she mentioned kids/children/girls in the full interview

She will not win.

Well okay, she may win the CON leadership but she will never win a general election. She doesn't have the right hair and her thinking on everything is against the tide.....

Part of being a leader is standing up against the wrong ideas and positions. Not only did she fail in this capacity but doubled down with a press conference beside the Tweedle Dum Chris Alexander from Pickering.

The Simcoe-Grey MP refused to reveal who in the Conservative Party came up with the idea for the tip line saying "this is not a time for pointing fingers at people or looking at what happened."

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Part of being a leader is standing up against the wrong ideas and positions. Not only did she fail in this capacity but doubled down with a press conference beside the Tweedle Dum Chris Alexander from Pickering.

Yeah. Why do the Provincial Ontario Tories keep doing things like that, anyway?

I would consider backing Lisa Rait, who is MP of a neighbouring riding.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Lisa Raitt would have no chance. Her anti labour tirades when she had that portfolio have doomed her.

Ontario needs to so badly escape the Libs but the reality of it is the voters don't see anyone better. Brown recently agreed that Cap & Trade is a good thing (I'm personally undecided on that issue) but other than that, neither the NDP or Cons are offering too much of an alternative........

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Kelly Leitch showed her weakness by not defending what she announced making her a flip flopper and bad for the country

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Any of them would be better than trudOWE.
To get my vote the new leader will have to have been born and raised west of Winnipeg.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Well, good thing no one's planning on making marijuana legal for minors, then, right?

She makes it sound like pot will be scattered upon the land for any to grab and smoke. Alcohol is legal and dangerous yet I don't see children and adolescents (10-14) drinking.

This is the same tired, unproven diatribe the CONS used during the election and it didn't work.

If Kelly Leitch was truly concerned about children she'd be calling for a ban on giving children candy or any sugary confections. .......

Would you criminalize recreational marijuana, once again, as prime minister?” Lawton asked her.

“Yes,” Leitch replied.

“I feel strongly about this,” she added. “We know this is a dangerous drug that has a huge impact on the developing child brain and adolescent brain, and I believe that if we want to make it available to those who need it, that it should be in a pharmacy and provided by a prescription, but not made available otherwise to Canadians, because of the damaging impact it can have on the developing human brain.”

Conservative Leadership Candidate Kellie Leitch Pledges To Re-Criminalize Marijuana, If Elected | (CFPL AM) AM 980

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Well, good thing no one's planning on making marijuana legal for minors, then, right?

She makes it sound like pot will be scattered upon the land for any to grab and smoke. Alcohol is legal and dangerous yet I don't see children and adolescents (10-14) drinking.

This is the same tired, unproven diatribe the CONS used during the election and it didn't work.

If Kelly Leitch was truly concerned about children she'd be calling for a ban on giving children candy or any sugary confections. .......

Would you criminalize recreational marijuana, once again, as prime minister?” Lawton asked her.

“Yes,” Leitch replied.

“I feel strongly about this,” she added. “We know this is a dangerous drug that has a huge impact on the developing child brain and adolescent brain, and I believe that if we want to make it available to those who need it, that it should be in a pharmacy and provided by a prescription, but not made available otherwise to Canadians, because of the damaging impact it can have on the developing human brain.”

Conservative Leadership Candidate Kellie Leitch Pledges To Re-Criminalize Marijuana, If Elected | (CFPL AM) AM 980
How do you recriminalize something that is already a criminal offence? Or do you still think trudOWE i going to legalize pot? News Flash: HE isn't. It was just a lie to buy votes. THat is what liberal governments traditionally do.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
How do you recriminalize something that is already a criminal offence? Or do you still think trudOWE i going to legalize pot? News Flash: HE isn't. It was just a lie to buy votes. THat is what liberal governments traditionally do.

She's determined to reverse his decision, if it ever happens.

Yes she seems to think Trudeau is not lying and will legalize pot resulting in it being scattered everywhere for the children to smoke non stop.

Harper tried to claim (via his imported tobacco lobbyist election advisor from Ozland) that Pot was worse than tobacco and that comment got sneered at world wide.

Even the Toronto Sun is mystified by her........

I nearly cringed when Conservative leadership candidate Kellie Leitch told me she would undo the forthcoming legalization of recreational marijuana, should she become the prime minister.

Conservatives need to be more libertarian on pot | Guest Column | Columnists | O

The true believers will continue to see only what they want to see, much like the comment about believing that a 14 y/o has never had booze.

Sunny Ways, I guess

I put that age group 10-14 in so that all understand what's considered to be an adolescent. I never said that some had not drank. I just don't see it as an ongoing problem.....

Conservatives can howl at the moon, as they did in the last election, and stand pat on the criminalization of marijuana, or they can take a strong, mature, proactive role in dealing with this inevitability. One long-shot candidate for the leadership of the Conservatives, Maxime Bernier, has already signalled he was leaning toward supporting the Liberals here.

http://www.hilltimes.com/2016/04/27/conservatives-update-pot-policy-or-risk-looking-like-prudes-in-poorly-fitting-blue-suits/59781