Consevative Party leadership contest

MHz
The voters should just demand all bill are voted on via a referendum and then there is no 'leader', there is only a spokesperson.

Murphy
Conservative
Happy communing. It is the will of Landru.

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

I think she is outright lying when she uttered this;

I have young people come to me as a physician and say 'You know, I don't understand, Dr. Leitch — I'm told not to do drugs, but can I do this drug now?" she said."

Really? What kids would be asking her this...........?

My mom was like a doctor and i asked her questions about what drugs did what all the time, when i was younger....

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

How many drinks does she have for lunch?
If she is any kind of a doctor at all she would know that sugary drinks are far more dangerous that marijuana for your health. So is most of the stuff Big Pharma pays doctors to prescribe.

I'd say it's about a dead heat, sugar destroys the cardio pulmonary system, pot destroys the brain!

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I'd say it's about a dead heat, sugar destroys the cardio pulmonary system, pot destroys the brain!

link

tay
+1
I assume she is for alcohol prohibition.

I mean, by her logic, it being legal is the government condoning its use, including by children. As a medical doctor, I'm sure she understands the perils of underage drinking. I assume she will be canvassing door-to-door to get prohibition on the Conservative Party platform when she's leader.

But I doubt the subjective context goes that deep. She's very much just appealing to the trapped-in-a-bygone-era CPC voter subdivision.

She's that aunt who forwarded you spam about Obama conspiracies.........

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
All the lefty's should contribute to her campaign. There is no chance of her becoming PM.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

All the lefty's should contribute to her campaign. There is no chance of her becoming PM.

Sounds to me like she might as the other 13 candidates could split the vote. I don't know how likeable she is personally but she could be the smartest of all the candidates. O'Leary is a little hung up on himself methinks.

gerryh
Holy shit, she's asking for 25-400 bucks in her emails? She had got to be hurting. Bernier is asking for 5.

****, Canadians are being ripped off by Justin Trudeau.

He's trying to buy a seat at the UN by sending aid money around the world.

He's building roads in Africa with your tax dollars.

He pledged $2.6 billion to fight climate change in developing countries.

And last month, he announced millions more to fund abortions abroad.

My position on foreign aid is clear:

Canada should not fund economic development abroad, and humanitarian aid should be given only to help save lives in crisis situations.

No country has ever been lifted out of poverty by handouts.

They need to reform their economy, free their entrepreneurs from bureaucratic shackles, respect the rule of law, and trade.

We have people who struggle here. We can't send billions in tax dollars overseas when there is no tangible benefit to Canadians.

Foreign aid should be given only when there is a genuine humanitarian crisis.

Famine. Rapid outbreak of disease. War. Natural disasters. These are real problems.

In times of real need, Canada can and will do its part.

But we must stop funding things based on a flawed left-wing ideology.

If you're with me, donate $5 right now.

Sincerely,
Maxime Bernier

Maxime Bernier · 290 St-Joseph Blvd, 205, Gatineau, QC J8Y 3Y3, Canada
This email was sent to *********** to stop reciving emails, click here. Cliquez ici pour recevoir nos courriels en Français.

Tecumsehsbones
I don't suppose anybody considered cutting a deck of cards, or maybe an epic battle of rock-paper-scissors?

no new posts