Kevin O’Leary favoured for leader among card-carrying Conservatives

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Do it curmudgeons.

Seal your fate! :lol:

Peter MacKay preferred by all Canadians in total - The Forum Poll™ - poll.forumresearch.com

Peter MacKay preferred by all Canadians in total

TORONTO
April 6th, 2016 In a random sampling of public opinion taken by the Forum Poll™ among 1455 Canadian voters, the plurality among those with a choice for a leader see Peter MacKay as the best leader of the Conservative Party (18%), followed by those who opt for TV personality Kevin O’Leary (14%), who is in turn followed by current interim leader Rona Ambrose (10%). The list is rounded out by Maxime Bernier (9%), Jason Kenney and Lisa Raitt (6% each) and Dr. Kellie Leitch (2%). The largest single group thinks someone else not listed would make the best leader for the Conservatives (35%).

Finally, among those who are card-carrying members of the Conservative Party (and therefore will actually choose the leader), Kevin O’Leary is widely preferred to MacKay (28% to 20%) and no other listed candidate breaks double digits in preference. Among this select group, one quarter will support a candidate not listed here (24%). “Kevin O’Leary’s star has been rising among Conservatives, and it’s happening in lockstep with the increasing popularity of Donald Trump in the US. Conservatives increasingly see a plain-talking populist as their saviour,” said Forum Research President, Dr. Lorne Bozinoff.

Peter MacKay preferred by all Canadians in total - The Forum Pollâ„¢

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Oh, that would be good. A guy who was a horrible businessman, until he pretended to run a mutual fund, and convinced people to give him money so he could make sure to grab a bunch to pay for his wife's 'needs'.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
It is important to the left that they elect a leader that they can criticize personally since they will have no moral ground to criticize him/her on their policies after the current 4 years are up.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
dat madness. Lol.

getting around as fast as that zika virusy thing.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Really? I don't believe it.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
O'Leary hey!! Sorry not for me man. I prefer experience, and exposure should not come from TV appearances; but experience should be in forums/private boardrooms around the world, and of course solid judgement. Politic is serious business that should not include television stars, drama art teachers, or journalist. Sorry, I look to the future and what condition my country will look like for my kids.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
O'Leary hey!! Sorry not for me man. I prefer experience, and exposure should not come from TV appearances; but experience should be in forums/private boardrooms around the world, and of course solid judgement. Politic is serious business that should not include television stars, drama art teachers, or journalist. Sorry, I look to the future and what condition my country will look like for my kids.

I would prefer that the selection of the leadership of the national Conservative party not deteriorate into the sort of clown show that is embarrassing the Republicans straight into defeat, right now. A little class, if you please ...

Oh, Walter doesn't, like that idea. Okay, Walter, let's fill up the leadership convention with born again hillbillies that are only electable in Arkansas and Peace River. Make a statement.

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Kevin would drag the Tories into oblivion and that is fine with me.
Actually I kind of Like Bernie don't think he will win but I kind of like him

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I would prefer that the selection of the leadership of the national Conservative party not deteriorate into the sort of clown show that is embarrassing the Republicans straight into defeat, right now. A little class, if you please ...

Oh, Walter doesn't, like that idea. Okay, Walter, let's fill up the leadership convention with born again hillbillies that are only electable in Arkansas and Peace River. Make a statement.
Didn't Arkansas elect hillbilly Bill and send him all the way to the White House ?
Be careful what you wish for !

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Well thats unfortunate. Hopefully that will change once the actual race for the leadership begins. There is still a lot of time between now and when the new leader will be chosen.

Got one already with Justine.

Any majority government is a dictatorship of sorts. Moreso now than earlier in our history because of the centralization of power in the PMO. MPs are more or less "yes men" for their leaders these days and have been for too long.

Yep, but methinks a benevolent dictator in the great scheme of things! :) :)

In theory. Benevolent dictators/rulers are very rare. Demagogues are far more common.

Agreed. I'm not a conservative supporter but I still wouldnt want them to go batsh*t crazy like the Republicans seem to have done.