The Ronco Buddy Bench

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
because...it's rainbowy and buddy-like and well, there's just not enough time is there.

A North Vancouver school is setting up a 'buddy bench' for children who need a little help making friends.

The rainbow-coloured bench, covered with students' painted handprints, is meant to promote inclusion and compassion in the school.
"The idea is students, when they're out in the playground, lets say they don't' have a friend to play with … they might sit on the buddy bench. Then their peers will come and scoop them up and make sure they're involved in the activity," said Karen McCulla, head of Brockton School, a K-12 private school.

The buddy bench will eventually be located in the school's playground, where teachers and parents can supervise the children to ensure children do not bully those who sit on the bench.

A Grade 2 student and her mother suggested the school make a buddy bench after seeing the idea online. The bench was unveiled on Pink Shirt Day in February.

but wait, there's more

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...e-friends-at-north-vancouver-school-1.3512812

the fukkin' buddy bench

call now

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What could possibly make you think I would be in favor of robot clones?
Well, you're kinda right-ish on lots of issues, and at least hereabouts, it's mostly the right side of the spectrum that pushes school uniforms.

I know the left/right dichotomy is deeply flawed, but it serves as a starting point.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
School uniforms promotes better and faster learning as does segregation by gender.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Segregation by gender deprives the student of the chance to learn how to interact with members of the opposite sex.
Utter crap. If school is the only place you can meet broads this world would be an even sadder place.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Your children grow up to know the peace and love of Landru.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZMuBIJxmnA

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
because...it's rainbowy and buddy-like and well, there's just not enough time is there.

A North Vancouver school is setting up a 'buddy bench' for children who need a little help making friends.

The rainbow-coloured bench, covered with students' painted handprints, is meant to promote inclusion and compassion in the school.
"The idea is students, when they're out in the playground, lets say they don't' have a friend to play with … they might sit on the buddy bench. Then their peers will come and scoop them up and make sure they're involved in the activity," said Karen McCulla, head of Brockton School, a K-12 private school.

The buddy bench will eventually be located in the school's playground, where teachers and parents can supervise the children to ensure children do not bully those who sit on the bench.

A Grade 2 student and her mother suggested the school make a buddy bench after seeing the idea online. The bench was unveiled on Pink Shirt Day in February.

but wait, there's more

Buddy bench to help children make friends at North Vancouver school - British Columbia - CBC News

the fukkin' buddy bench

call now

So our kids don't have to grow up and develope thick skins and not give a crap what all the other stupid kids think?

Once I did that I didn't have a problem making friends.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
School uniforms negate the fashion police - and let you know at a glance who's not supposed to be there

A colleague of mine said their school uniform policy makes it a lot easier getting her girl dressed in the morning. Another colleague of ours described the absolute battles getting her public school kid dressed.