Two more Sask. NDP candidates removed from ballot

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
new campaign manager also appointed

oh dear, how many is that now?

The Saskatchewan NDP have removed another two candidates from the ballot Saturday morning.

“When I saw unacceptable social media posts from nominated candidates yesterday, I was deeply disappointed,” said NDP leader Cam Broten.

Broten says there is an “obvious” gap in the campaign’s vetting process, having let go another two candidates earlier this week.

On Friday, Broten had members of his campaign team take a harder look at all candidates, with focus on their social media accounts.

Broten then informed Cameron Robock of Estevan and Terry Bell of Walsh Acres that they would not be on the ballot, having found instances that “went beyond bad jokes and immaturity.”

“Two candidates crossed the line,” said Broten. “I won’t stand for that.”

A new campaign leader has also been appointed for the NDP.

“I have also directed my campaign manager to step out of that role,” said Broten. “He’s a friend who has served this party well and who will continue to play a role, but I want new campaign leadership.”

As of Saturday morning, Chief of Staff Linsay Martens will be the campaign manager.

Regarding new candidates for the ridings, the NDP say they will have new nominees shortly.

Two more Sask. NDP candidates removed from ballot, new campaign manager also appointed | CTV Regina News

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Soon all the people that don't post online and feel that is a fair way to discredit someone, who is usually saying what everyone says from time to time, will be dead and no one will be left to make self righteous judgements.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Soon all the people that don't post online and feel that is a fair way to discredit someone, who is usually saying what everyone says from time to time, will be dead and no one will be left to make self righteous judgements.

Politicians who post stupid sh-it on social media deserve to be disgraced and removed from office. Like how stupid do you have to be to not know that if you are running for office your opponents or the press will read your twitter feed? Also, one also shouldn't be saying stuff one does not wish to defend in public because you never know when you are on camera either.

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
Soon the NDP will have to sign up pseudo-NDP (Sask Party members) to be able to run a full-slate of candidates, due to massive disqualifications of eligible NDP.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Both left and right are going to find it more difficult to find candidates not because they
said unflattering things but because no one wants to go through crap like this. It is a
fact that there are a lot of good people out there on all sides that could make a difference.
What they said a few years ago is going to haunt the,. I am approaching a milestone age
and the things I thought were true fifty years ago are not necessarily the same beliefs I
have today in all cases. Others are the same.
Now some people deserve to have the hammer come down on them for really shameful
stuff and others no so much.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Politicians who post stupid sh-it on social media deserve to be disgraced and removed from office. Like how stupid do you have to be to not know that if you are running for office your opponents or the press will read your twitter feed? Also, one also shouldn't be saying stuff one does not wish to defend in public because you never know when you are on camera either.
I recall responding to a question about a politician's melt down,I stated it should only happen once,possibly twice,depending on what the bait was.
"responding"is the key word,anger can be a strong emotion which has ever lasting consequeses,in the grooming process of being a politician 101,this should be part of the education on how one is going to respond to strong emotion subjects.
what a bummer,social media is more then dangerous these days,"instant messaging" has taken emotion to higher meaning.
i