PROOF TheRebel.media was right: Liberals lied about fake "Syrian refugees"

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Re: PROOF TheRebel.media was right: Liberals lied about fake "Syrian refugees"

Cuz not journalists not a news media outlet.

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Cuz not journalists not a news media outlet.
Cuz not the narrative the real news people want us to know .
They are journalists you know .

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

Ezra must have a miserable, angry life.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

NDP accredited and approved, not to mention, licensed and bonded.

That's the way that we Dippers in AB roll
I can not fathom how anyone would support the NDP's position here, by railing against The Rebel.

I can fully grasp that Ezra rubs people the wrong way. But to bury his media outlet over that, is deplorable. It gives credence to the NDP's abhorrent actions and continued attack on media with their proposed forthcoming policy of what is or isn't acceptable media.

Simply barring The Rebel was stupid and misguided. Trying to come up with a policy, undoubtedly with the intent of barring The Rebel, has now morphed their original idiocy into a slippery slope. Journalist across the country are against what the NDP is proposing and stand steadfast against the govt deciding who is or isn't a journalist.

It boggles the mind that anyone would exert any energy to further discredit a media outlet in the hopes of silencing it. Be it the CBC, HuffPost, The Star, The Sun, or whatever.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

Nice to see the Alberta NDP practicing one of the basic tenets of totalitarianism; Control of the media and the message.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

I can not fathom how anyone would support the NDP's position here, by railing against The Rebel.

I can fully grasp that Ezra rubs people the wrong way. But to bury his media outlet over that, is deplorable. It gives credence to the NDP's abhorrent actions and continued attack on media with their proposed forthcoming policy of what is or isn't acceptable media.

Simply barring The Rebel was stupid and misguided. Trying to come up with a policy, undoubtedly with the intent of barring The Rebel, has now morphed their original idiocy into a slippery slope. Journalist across the country are against what the NDP is proposing and stand steadfast against the govt deciding who is or isn't a journalist.

It boggles the mind that anyone would exert any energy to further discredit a media outlet in the hopes of silencing it. Be it the CBC, HuffPost, The Star, The Sun, or whatever.

The Dippers are doing more for Levant's career than anything else.... What is the cherry on top relates to the national attention that is placed on their discriminatory policy(s).

Believe me when I tell you that when the writ was dropped, no one in AB, incl the media, ever dreamed that the NDP would sweep through the way they did.

I expect that they will be a 1 trick pony and be shuffled off into history as nothing more than a joke and bad memory

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

I expect that they will be a 1 trick pony and be shuffled off into history as nothing more than a joke and bad memory
One can only hope and dream. What a disgraceful political party.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

The Dippers are doing more for Levant's career than anything else.... What is the cherry on top relates to the national attention that is placed on their discriminatory policy(s).

Believe me when I tell you that when the writ was dropped, no one in AB, incl the media, ever dreamed that the NDP would sweep through the way they did.

That was what was thought about Dave Barrett's B.C. ndp government ,although they only lasted one term
we have been stuck with ICBC since .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

You are absolutely right! The idea is abhorrent and extremely dangerous - but watch - I sincerely believe they'll do everything in their power to do exactly what Ezra predicts - set up a "panel" of "real" journalists thereby exempting those who don't agree with them.

You watch - that's exactly what they'll try to do unless the public and other journalists stand up to them.

It's going to be interesting for sure and if this is allowed, it's a slippery slope and the government in Ottawa would likely adapt the same kind of policy.

The funny thing is that the media were so against the Conservatives and Mr. Harper because they simply ignored them knowing they'd publish what the hell they wanted anyway whether it was true or not.

The Dippers here in Alberta and, potentially the Libs in Ottawa by the sounds of some of the Liberal tweets, would simply outright ban those who disagreed with them.

JMHO

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia

Should have just followed steves lead and {A} don't tell any body anything, or {B} have your own "journalists" n film crew follow him, and his lackys around.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

I love it when your anger makes you say stupid things.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc

Rebel media the rebirth of SUN and Fox North they are not credible in the
eyes of established media and 'Ezra is there that is enough to diminish
view of the so called media outlet. This is a rag tag right wing view that is
kept at arms length of even credible conservative outlets

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

eyes of established media...
They're credible enough that the established media in Canada rallied to The Rebel's defence.

Do you ever get anything regarding media right?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

How many of these refugees were approved to come to Canada under Harpers government, and how many approved since the Liberals have actually taken power?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

eyes of established media and 'Ezra is there that is enough to diminish
view of the so called media outlet. This is a rag tag right wing view that is
kept at arms length of even credible conservative outlets
And judging by the plunging circulation the general public find the established media not very credible .

How many of these refugees were approved to come to Canada under Harpers government, and how many approved since the Liberals have actually taken power?
Who knows ? Do you ?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Can you expand on what you're getting at?

And judging by the plunging circulation the general public find the established media not very credible .
That likely has more to do with the fact that people read more online than in print.