Saskatchewan goes green with Bullfrog Power

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
DoubleTree ‘goes green’ with Bullfrog Power | Regina Leader-Post
leaderpost.com

DoubleTree by Hilton Regina at 1975 Broad St. is the first hotel in Saskatchewan to ‘go green’ with electricity from Bullfrog Power, according to representatives of Bullfrog and the international hotel chain.

Through the partnership, Bullfrog Power ensures the electricity going onto the grid for DoubleTree by Hilton Regina’s SilverBirch Conference Centre meeting and conferences rooms and three “Hilton HHonors” floors is coming from clean energy sources, the companies said in a press release Wednesday.

“Choosing Bullfrog Power’s green electricity is important to us because we believe in doing our part to reduce our impact on the environment,” said Mike Wurster, general manager, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Conference Centre Regina. “We are now able to offer our guests a more environmentally sustainable stay as part of our commitment to create a truly rewarding hotel experience.”

Bullfrog Power’s generators put 100 per cent clean, pollution-free electricity onto the electrical grid to match the amount of conventional power that DoubleTree by Hilton Regina’s SilverBirch Conference Centre meeting rooms, conference rooms and three Hilton HHonors floors use. Across Canada, Bullfrog Power’s green electricity comes from a blend of wind and low-impact hydroelectric power sourced from new Canadian renewable energy facilities.

DoubleTree ‘goes green’ with Bullfrog Power | Regina Leader-Post

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How much carbon is emitted building the equipment they use and what are the repair bills like?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Hydro Power from Dams is clean energy... been happening for decades .. yawn.

Only if you ignore factors like fish and other wildlife both upstream and downstream of the dam. How much carbon is emitted from building such things or did the question confuse your micro brain?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Only if you ignore factors like fish and other wildlife both upstream and downstream of the dam. How much carbon is emitted from building such things or did the question confuse your micro brain?

MegaButtHertz, go takes you meds and choke on them you mental midget.

I wasn't replying to your sorry jazz anyhow.. so fukk off and die.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Hydro Power from Dams is clean energy... been happening for decades .. yawn.

Some even consider Nuclear Power as clean energy .
Hydro dam reservoirs silt up eventually and become useless. We "use up" Hydro, just as we do other methods of energy generation. Niagara Falls will produce power for hundreds of years but that is a little unusual.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Follow you would mean posting on thread made by other people, these are all your threads, dumb as they are they are an invitation to replies. If you want only replies that agree with your demented views I suggest you post someplace else, Israel perhaps.

Oh look it's my online stalker again..
Beat up daily by a gang of one. lol, In a game of wits you really are quite defenseless aren't you.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Holy Christ! What is wrong with you people? Where would
either of you come to the conclusion that this type of bull****
is even remotely acceptable? You don't **** where you live and
you don't **** where you play. This is just so wrong.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
What part of Bullfrog Power has you so upset Ron??

Really?

MegaButtHertz, go takes you meds and choke on them you mental midget.

I wasn't replying to your sorry jazz anyhow.. so fukk off and die
What's with the death threats?
Oh really, where do you see a threat.. you're getting as stupid a MegaButtHurtz??

Really?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I believe I got that part from your post, I was attempting to change the subject. Bloomer is a difficult child, what can I say?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
At least I nailed what I was aiming at. I took the 'yawn' as saying my post about a carbon footprint on 'hydro' as being 'dismissive' of my post and me in general.
Windmill maintenance has shown that wind-power isn't the dream child it is promoted as being, got lots of links if you need a few to verify I'm not just flapping my gums.