CBC:Donald Trump's loss in Iowa breaks the mass hypnosis

Rick A

Don’t presume… ask!
Jan 22, 2016
Victoria BC
Well the CBC has once again proved why it needs millions of Canadian taxpayers $ to stay in the game.

Keith Boag's analysis of Trumps situation in Iowa is exactly the type of Liberal press bias you could expect.
Donald Trump's loss in Iowa breaks the mass hypnosis - World - CBC News

Boag thinks that Canadians can take solace in the fact that Trump ran a second. Of course its a false flag, because he conveniently fails to mention the fact that Cruz may have played dirty tricks in the process. Boag shoots first and has yet to ask the questions. Don’t hold your breath waiting for a follow up analysis to set the record straight. I agree it must be very hard to "break free from the lunacy of the left" when you are reporting from Washington. You get swept up in the “politically correctness” and its very difficult to even express a different opinion.

I will however concede that both Neil McDonald and Terry Milewski occasionally manage to bring some sense of reality to the CBC.

This is a convenient segue into the CBC blog which is so polite and one-sided its a joke. Its not because we are all that polite but because the moderators are basically liberal shills who censor more out than they release. If Bill Maher, a red hot liberal, can say the F word on live TV, why can't it used on the CBC blog? I doubt that anybody under the age of 20 is reading this blog. The censorship and control on the CBC blog is essentially a suspension of freedom of speech.

Justin made the CBC a promise during his campaign, he promised the CBC million of dollars in funding IF he got elected. In any other circumstance it would have essentially been deemed a bribe. This is the Canadian version of a "Super Pac". So you don't need to guess where the CBC loyalties lie.

Yes, the CBC needs all that taxpayer money to stay in business because without it, it would be forced to compete in an open market. Heaven forbid people might just start to think for themselves, and even rely on other news outlets and that would just be so unfair to the liberal ideology of buying voters.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well, I can't exactly disagree but none of the morons of the last 100 years have approached the level of brain dead stupidity of 'The Donald'.

Watched an American Experience documentary on James Garfield last night. The exact opposite of a moron. Unless the producers left out some glaring faults, I would have to say that Garfield, had he lived, would have been a darn good President. He was intelligent. He was a decorated Civil War hero who only gave up his commission when Lincoln told him that he had lots of generals but not enough men like Garfield to help his administration. He had a sense of humor and reportedly treated everyone kindly. He was a staunch abolitionist and believed that all men, no matter their color, deserved to not only be free but have the right to vote. His death dealt a lethal blow to the cause of Black emancipation. Wonderful documentary as I had known nothing of Garfield except that he had been President and was assassinated. His loss to the American people was profound, IMHO.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
No need to start any thanks to Bush and Bush.

Bush Senior was an actual combat veteran and he was pretty cautious, really, stopping well short of Bhagdad and sticking to the UN mandate. Bush Junior used to hang around with a bad crowd who got him into a lot of trouble.