Please stop saying 'selfie'

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
there's just a lot at stake here boys and girls. a lot at stake. not just his dreamy hair or sexy socks either. this chick will tell you.

Tabatha Southey Verified account ‏@TabathaSouthey

There’s a lot at stake here, Canada, we need to put this “selfie” talk to rest. My column:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/its-time-for-canadas-politicians-to-stop-making-selfie-

My opinion:

So.. The problem is not so much Trudeau's narcissism, it's the opposition's fault for noticing it. OK then

#mediaparty

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

If the shoe fits..

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
there's just a lot at stake here boys and girls. a lot at stake. not just his dreamy hair or sexy socks either. this chick will tell you.

Tabatha Southey Verified account ‏@TabathaSouthey

There’s a lot at stake here, Canada, we need to put this “selfie” talk to rest. My column:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/its-time-for-canadas-politicians-to-stop-making-selfie-

My opinion:

So.. The problem is not so much Trudeau's narcissism, it's the opposition's fault for noticing it. OK then

#mediaparty
With a surname like Southey, I can understand this woman having issues with the word gaining popular usage: every time she overhears it she thinks people are talking about her!

I'm sure there is a long list of medications she should avoid.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
At least his selfies don cost you anything, like your hero and arsehole of the decade steve h, with a taxpayer funded film crew making those little slice of tory life clips that only the extra retarded like meby walter or locutus would watch.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Comments: Posted by AB Boxster 16 hours ago

Selfies are just a manifestation of the real problem.

Such as a lack of any real intelligent policy or ideas.

Its a complex world with complex issues.
Issues that will not be solved by:
-diversity
-equity
-feminism
-respect for first nations
-resourcefulness

The Syrian issue is a perfect example.
To Liberals, this whole issue can be solved by love, and just pulling together.

Well, bringing in 25,000 refugees from war torn areas of the world, certainly helps 25,000 people, and makes Canadians feel warm and fuzzy.

But it solves nothing in the real world.

Syrians are still dying.
Refugee children continue to washing up on the shorelines, dead, as they did on October.
Millions are displaced.

So, the Syrian 'policy' of the federal gov't is ridiculous.
It is a policy that would be dreamed up by a high school or church group.
Well meaning, but ultimately, meaningless.

It is not a policy that mature intelligent leaders would devise, as it does absolutely 'nothing to solve the actual problem'.

Mr. Trudeau was present, though to ensure that there were plenty of selfies being taken with the new Syrian refugees.

Oddly, though, refugees that are arriving from Africa, (as they do all the time, and have consistently over the past 10 years of conservative govt's) they didn't seem to warrant any selfies with the PM.

In fact, for these non-Syrian refugees, neither the government or the Canadian media really cared at all about them.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
At least his selfies don cost you anything, like your hero and arsehole of the decade steve h, with a taxpayer funded film crew making those little slice of tory life clips that only the extra retarded like meby walter or locutus would watch.
Your anger fills my heart with laughter.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie Selfie
Oh you're just saying that out of your own selfieishness.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Don't cost nothing.? Oh boy, are you living in a Liberal soap bubble.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, he thinks all this galavanting around in the public space, there is no media, security detail, transportation... etc.

That other stuff in consequential and pretty minor. I was actually referring to money he is pissing away like a 14 year-old with a platinum American Express.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Effing vacuous, insecure people..........

New study says taking more smiling selfies increases happiness

Jackie Keyler is a self-proclaimed selfie fanatic--the Indiana native was in Los Angeles for less than two days and had already taken 60 selfies.

"You just want to document everything that you're doing and send it out to everyone so they can see it," said Keyler on why taking selfies makes her happy.

Keyler is not alone. Selfie-mania is everywhere, whether you're an A-list celebrity or just feel like one.

A new selfie study from the University of California-Irvine says taking more smiling selfies increases your chances of happiness.

Forty-one students spent four weeks taking selfies and then reporting their moods. Over time, they noticed an obvious change: They were happier and more confident and that mood lasted the entire day, even when they fake smiled.

"You can engage in the act of being happy," said USC associate professor Mark Marino.

Marino incorporates selfies into one of his writing classes.

"This kind of self-reflection helps people identify both features, both who they want to see themselves as and who they are communicating themselves to be," he said.

However, psychologist and UCLA associate professor Yalda Uhls warns too many selfies could be too much of a good thing.

"When we grew up, we took pictures of other people, of places; we reflected out instead of reflecting in," Uhls said.

So whether you take your selfies with a stick or the old-fashioned way, the key is self-control.

New study says taking more smiling selfies increases happiness | WKRC

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

If the shoe fits..
not one of those pics is a selfie
who took 'em?
a conservative?

lol
just sayin

ever since he made to support the carbon tax
i think as little of him as i did of Harper for going to war for nothing