Canada can’t have an honest debate about equality, race and culture

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
By silencing white men

Sadly, political correctness afflicts much of the world; in particular the Western world.

At its inception in the counterculture of the 1960s and beyond it was a force for good. It moved us to examine our hatreds, prejudices, values and words. It reminded the British and the French that their prosperity had been driven and depended partly on the plunder of their colonies. It brought home to the Americans that their reach in the world wasn’t always benevolent; sometimes it was born out of their economic dominance of the world and exploitation of the resources and peoples of the world.

The U.S. blacks and the counterculture made the world pivot toward a fairer, more just and compassionate understanding of the inequality and unfairness in the world. The world began to understand gender equality, freedom for gays and lesbians to be themselves, the ugly reality of racism in the world and how North America had oppressed and marginalized the indigenous peoples and the rampant unfairness in international relations.

read on

Ujjal Dosanjh: By silencing white men, Canada can’t have an honest debate about equality, race and culture | National Post

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Sometimes in order to take a step forward. We need to take two steps back. I think our society needs to re-think our direction.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Haters gonna hate.... To be honest with all this "let's hate the white males" I only feel better. Why? Because I'm on your mind 24/7 and you (Haters) can't keep my name out of your mouths. Like according to even the racists who hate whites were the most well rounded at everything. No wonder ya'll hate us.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Haters gonna hate.... To be honest with all this "let's hate the white males" I only feel better. Why? Because I'm on your mind 24/7 and you (Haters) can't keep my name out of your mouths. Like according to even the racists who hate whites were the most well rounded at everything. No wonder ya'll hate us.

That's what happens, when you're top dog. Everyone is trying to cut you down a notch by backstabbing you. At least it's like that at most companies I've worked. :)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You mean "Visible minorities are encouraged to apply for this position". That is the PC way of saying "whites need not apply".

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I think there are two things going on at times one is there is an equality quota
but it doesn't always hold true either sometimes the white guy gets the job,
why because he or she is the most qualified.
In addition many professionals from other backgrounds are not only qualified
they have better credentials. There is more pressure on white males because
they actually have to face stiff competition in the market place.
Take broadcasting for example years ago it was the right of white males to hold
those jobs and by damn that is the way it was. it wasn't minorities that first
opened the door to competition it was at first white females.. Visible minorities
came after and evened the field as it were and I have no problem with that.
I have been involved in Agricultural Politics for about eight years now and my time
is going to come to an end in a couple more years. Our industry is in the majority
of Indo Canadian Growers and I keep getting re-elected so its not an us against
them thing at all. I am working to prepare for succession for when I am gone I
would hope the next leader will be a young Indo Canadian who has all the skills to
do the job and he will be ready in a year or so as soon as he learns the dealing with
governments part of the process.
Sometimes I wonder if the poor white males are not whining when they should be
preparing to be the best in their field.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I think there are two things going on at times one is there is an equality quota
but it doesn't always hold true either sometimes the white guy gets the job,
why because he or she is the most qualified.
In addition many professionals from other backgrounds are not only qualified
they have better credentials. There is more pressure on white males because
they actually have to face stiff competition in the market place.
Take broadcasting for example years ago it was the right of white males to hold
those jobs and by damn that is the way it was. it wasn't minorities that first
opened the door to competition it was at first white females.. Visible minorities
came after and evened the field as it were and I have no problem with that.
I have been involved in Agricultural Politics for about eight years now and my time
is going to come to an end in a couple more years. Our industry is in the majority
of Indo Canadian Growers and I keep getting re-elected so its not an us against
them thing at all. I am working to prepare for succession for when I am gone I
would hope the next leader will be a young Indo Canadian who has all the skills to
do the job and he will be ready in a year or so as soon as he learns the dealing with
governments part of the process.
Sometimes I wonder if the poor white males are not whining when they should be
preparing to be the best in their field.

In the mining industry, mining companies hire local first nations not because of credentials but because of contracts and obligations. I've lost out on jobs not because someone else was more qualified than me but because they weren't white while I was. I have 4 diplomas by the way I ain't lazy neither am i incompetent.

But alas I'm just stating the fact, not complaining. I accept the fact that in the mining industry less qualified people always get the jobs. Like they will give a gas sniffer a geotech job over a non-first nation who went to school specifically for the job.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'll vouche for that. We've worked the same turf doing the same work.

Getting shot at (hit the spools) for sending a guy packing who pissed his pants on the job was a doozie or God forbid you hire qualified Crees and try to employ them on Dene "traditional lands".

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
As a white male, I don't feel I'm being silenced. I guess some people just feel inadequate and need an external excuse.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
By silencing white men

Sadly, political correctness afflicts much of the world; in particular the Western world.

At its inception in the counterculture of the 1960s and beyond it was a force for good. It moved us to examine our hatreds, prejudices, values and words. It reminded the British and the French that their prosperity had been driven and depended partly on the plunder of their colonies. It brought home to the Americans that their reach in the world wasn’t always benevolent; sometimes it was born out of their economic dominance of the world and exploitation of the resources and peoples of the world.

The U.S. blacks and the counterculture made the world pivot toward a fairer, more just and compassionate understanding of the inequality and unfairness in the world. The world began to understand gender equality, freedom for gays and lesbians to be themselves, the ugly reality of racism in the world and how North America had oppressed and marginalized the indigenous peoples and the rampant unfairness in international relations.

read on

Ujjal Dosanjh: By silencing white men, Canada can’t have an honest debate about equality, race and culture | National Post

What silent white men is this twit talking about? The world created inequality, no man did that and no men will undo what is and always will be. Diversity is inherant in the human system and Holy. Who can question the compelling questions and survive intact? Begone idiot levelers!
Is it humane to force fairness? I think not.