Trudeau publishes ministerial mandate letters

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I haven't seen these posted anywhere on here.

The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau PC, MP, the Prime Minister, has taken the historic step of publishing his mandate letters to ministers. These letters, which in previous governments have been kept confidential within the ministry, set out the public policy objectives of the Prime Minister (they are the "marching orders," essentially). You can access the mandate letters here.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I just skimmed a couple of them and the theme is to destroy as much economic activity on the west coast as possible. The other coasts to a lessor extent.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I just skimmed a couple of them and the theme is to destroy as much economic activity on the west coast as possible. The other coasts to a lessor extent.

I just took a fairly close look at several of the letters and to "give the Devil his due" he did lay out in intensive and certain terms the expectations of each minister. It appears he started all the letters with general instructions and philosophy of this government and ended with specific instructions to each minister. So there is no "wiggle room" for them to bring up excuses of failure later. I definitely have my doubts about the man but as I've stated before the bulk of the populace wants him in there, and if he can succeed we are all better off. I'm still grasping at the hope he will prove himself to be a fast learner! :)

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC

Well, it is, really.

This is the first time that a Prime Minister of Canada has openly and honestly published, for the Canadian public, and his peers in the Senate and House of Commons, full disclosure of his official mandate letters to each of his ministers. These mandate letters have previously been confidential (of both Liberal and Conservative cabinets), and it is a fantastic step forward for Canadian democracy, and transparent government, to see these mandate letters made public.