Why does Trudeau dawdle when benefits of Cannabis control go to the evil side?

petros
He can't.

420 didn't get a permit from Vancouver Parks.

https://cannabislifenetwork.com/vanc...-sunset-beach/ (external - login to view)

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

He can't.

420 didn't get a permit from Vancouver Parks.

https://cannabislifenetwork.com/vanc...-sunset-beach/ (external - login to view)

What the f**k is 4-20?
I think the Hon. P.M. has far "bigger fish" to fry than cannabis. Maybe start by going up north with a notebook and check out the reserves. Take a drink of the water, check the dwellings for mould. Visit a few of them at dinner time and see what they have to eat!
Last edited by JLM; 1 week ago at 07:03 PM..

Danbones
Free Thinker
if they could grow weed they would be doing great up there

big market down south for that stuff

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

What the f**k is 4-20?
I think the Hon. P.M. has far "bigger fish" to fry than cannibus. Maybe start by going up north with a notebook and check out the reserves. Take a drink of the water, check the dwellings for mould. Visit a few of them at dinner time and see what they have to eat!

Why JLM ... you care way too much about humanity to be associated with those Alt-Reich creeps.

petros

What the f**k is 4-20?
I think the Hon. P.M. has far "bigger fish" to fry than cannabis. Maybe start by going up north with a notebook and check out the reserves. Take a drink of the water, check the dwellings for mould. Visit a few of them at dinner time and see what they have to eat!

April 20 or 4:20 in the afternoon.

If cocaine had a 420 a Rez would be a good place to partake.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Why JLM ... you care way too much about humanity to be associated with those Alt-Reich creeps.

If he had no class he could hang with nazis like you
just for vous

https://www.amazon.ca/Smuggle-Your-B.../dp/B00CKCQGY0 (external - login to view)

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

I guess my priorities and those of the learned P.M. are different! I would start with food, shelter, clothing and health facilities.

petros
Yeah and taking away the sale of weed from on Rez dealers and producers (hopefully) puts money in the right hands

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1

I guess my priorities and those of the learned P.M. are different! I would start with food, shelter, clothing and health facilities.

Good on ya!

Danbones
Free Thinker

Yeah and taking away the sale of weed from on Rez dealers and producers (hopefully) puts money in the right hands

hillary clintons?

petros
Standing Hillary Moonayass from the Itcheepussee Tribe

Remington1
+1
The delay is linked to money, always follow the money. How can the sale of weed benefit mostly the Liberals? Taxing the stuff is not enough. This is something that they want to own, sell and control, can they do this, I don't think so, but maybe? We shall see. The Liberals need money, they've already driven Canada so deep in the red, the banks who always get there share are concern, that speaks volume.

French Patriot
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

Law legalizing marijuana to be introduced this spring, Blair says during Durham visit (external - login to view)

All good news that for Canadians.

Should we follow the LeDain Royal Commission recommendations and add in all the psychotropic drugs to that legislation so that all drug users can be protected and not just pot smokers?

You might have heard of all the Canadian kids dying from other adulterated drugs lately. Do they not deserve our protection from pushers of adulterated substances?

Regards
DL

Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

with any luck
though if the people who are on ODSP(or similar) still have to pay for marijuana
it might as well stay illegal

Then you do not care if illegal pushers can access your children and push their more harmful substances at them.

You also do not seem to care of all the hardship you would put on children who end with criminal records.

How sad.

Regards
DL

Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondoView Post

Wait a minute! I've been lied to. Everyone that I know gets their weed from a friend.

Yes, who might end in jail for doing what should never have been made illegal.

Think of all the kids and adults we have jailed without a just cause.

Regards
DL

Danbones
Free Thinker
“We’re going to keep our promise,” Bill Blair, parliamentary secretary to the Minister of Justice, said. “But we’re committed to taking the time to do it right.”
Law legalizing marijuana to be introduced this spring, Blair says during Durham visit (external - login to view)

As i recall Blair is very anti pot because it is one of the few crimes where as a cop he could actually catch some of the little folks that buy the stuff for jailing purposes.

That’s why former Toronto chief constable and current Scarborough Southwest Liberal MP Bill Blair, herein referred to as Bill the Narc, got the job. Bill’s “legal” is pretty well the same as Bill’s “illegal”. You are still going to get your door kicked in.
Marc Emery: Why the appointment of Bill Blair is the harbinger of the New Prohibition | Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly (external - login to view)

gotta make them licence plates for the robot trucks cheap!

French Patriot

What the f**k is 4-20?

You want to have the government spend more on natives, and I am all in for that, but would revenues from cannabis not be better to spend instead of asking governments to go further in debt by keeping cannabis illegal?

Regards
DL

Jobs are better than handouts.

Dignity should be offered and not shame and welfare.

Regards
DL

Black market hands do not contribute to the welfare of Canadians the way white market hands do.

Regards
DL

Quote: Originally Posted by Remington1View Post

The delay is linked to money, always follow the money. How can the sale of weed benefit mostly the Liberals? Taxing the stuff is not enough. This is something that they want to own, sell and control, can they do this, I don't think so, but maybe? We shall see. The Liberals need money, they've already driven Canada so deep in the red, the banks who always get there share are concern, that speaks volume.

Like alcohol, control and sales will be favored and given to Liberal friends.

That is better than feeding the black market pushers.

The other parties who failed to legalize cannabis have already profited from the bribes they have accepted from the tobacco and alcohol lobbies who still continue to fight cannabis legislation as to protect their more harmful products and their sale.

Regards
DL

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
Any country that allows police to define individual rights and freedom (and legalization is individual rights and freedom) is becoming a police state.

We in Canada are about the embark on a strange journey where those elected to legalize marijuana will do everything possible to not do that while still saying they followed through on their election pledge. We are going to have our perceptions and understanding of reality taken from the 21st century back to the fourth century.
Marc Emery: Why the appointment of Bill Blair is the harbinger of the New Prohibition | Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly (external - login to view)

Corduroy
+2
Legalizing marijuana isn't as easy as some think . The process would be long, messy and contentious and probably won't benefit the Liberals that much. I wouldn't be surprised if they just wanted to kick the problem down the road.

Danbones
Free Thinker
it benefits their financiers illegally quite well

Hillary Clinton: "too much money in drugs to legalize them"
www.dailykos.com/story/2011/2/9/942253/- (external - login to view)

'cause it sure as crap ain't too much money for them that are paying it out

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
At $14 per gram - and only sold per gram in five gram increments - profits might be going to government - IF anyone wants to give up $10.00 grams with price reduction for greater amounts to the "evil" guy

Danbones
Free Thinker
the cops could let the crack take out the pot dealers

almost worked when blair was chief in Tranna

crack - they make great money on THAT over at the CIA and at the bankers money laundering services

CIA Jet Crashes With 4 TONS of Cocaine on Board
CIA Jet Crashes With 4 TONS of Cocaine on Board – Counter Current News (external - login to view)

BILL BLAIR'S trump hating BUDDIES DOWN SOUTH

French Patriot
Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

Legalizing marijuana isn't as easy as some think . The process would be long, messy and contentious and probably won't benefit the Liberals that much. I wouldn't be surprised if they just wanted to kick the problem down the road.

Not necessarily that long but you are right that the Libs are not in it for the cash that the Conservatives gained from their tobacco and alcohol lobbies.

Pay off, pay offs everywhere. You can bet though that Libs are bright enough to buy shares in the entrepreneurial entities popping up to profit from cannabis legalization.

The main winner will be the Canadian public though as our prohibition laws are garbage and do not work.

Regards
DL

Corduroy
Quote: Originally Posted by French PatriotView Post

Not necessarily that long but you are right that the Libs are not in it for the cash that the Conservatives gained from their tobacco and alcohol lobbies.

I didn't mean cash. I meant votes. If they gained votes for promising to legalize marijuana, those votes won't stay whether they legalize it or not. The kind of person that votes on that single issue is unlikely to vote again once it is no longer an issue. If the Liberals legalize it, that one shot pro-pot vote won't come back. If they don't legalize it, of course those voters won't vote for them again. It's not as if people kept voting Liberal in the 90s because they thought maybe this time they'll repeal GST.

Personally, I think the impact of the extra votes they got for promising legalization is exaggerated.

So never mind the votes, if they don't legalize it, it's just another broken promise to add to the list of opposition ammunition during the election. If they do try to legalize it, the Conservatives will make it messy for them and there will be plenty of opportunity for embarrassing the government and energizing the anti-pot base.

French Patriot
Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

I didn't mean cash. I meant votes. If they gained votes for promising to legalize marijuana, those votes won't stay whether they legalize it or not. The kind of person that votes on that single issue is unlikely to vote again once it is no longer an issue. If the Liberals legalize it, that one shot pro-pot vote won't come back. If they don't legalize it, of course those voters won't vote for them again. It's not as if people kept voting Liberal in the 90s because they thought maybe this time they'll repeal GST.

Personally, I think the impact of the extra votes they got for promising legalization is exaggerated.

So never mind the votes, if they don't legalize it, it's just another broken promise to add to the list of opposition ammunition during the election. If they do try to legalize it, the Conservatives will make it messy for them and there will be plenty of opportunity for embarrassing the government and energizing the anti-pot base.

To a politician, cash translates into votes.

I do take your point though.

I do not see this as a liberal or conservative issue. I see it as a legal and moral issue that Canadians have wanted to resolve for nearly a hundred years.

Our drug war has victimized enough Canadian people. To allow legal sales of products that are way more damaging to us than cannabis, like alcohol and tobacco, is an immoral position and makes no legal or moral sense.

Regards
DL

Danbones
Free Thinker
Liberal CFO could rake in marijuana money with legalization

Chuck Rifici co-founded Tweed Marijuana Inc., buying the abandoned Hershey chocolate factory in Smiths Falls, and acquiring Canada's first license to produce medical marijuana in Jan., 2014. SUN FILES
Article

Pot stocks soar following Justin Trudeau, Liberal win
Will Trudeau soften sentences for drug-related crimes?
SAM Canada says no to legal pot
Trudeaus, Pierre and Justin have talked pot for 50 years
Human and financial costs of drug war just too high: Spratt
For big marijuana, Grit win means money in the bank
Pot legalization needs ethics czar: Watchdog
If Grits want to legalize pot, it should be transparent

He may volunteer in his role as chief financial officer with the Liberal Party of Canada, but Chuck Rifici is in line for a big pay day, thanks to one of the party's key platforms.

Rifici, who has been a member of the Liberal national board of directors since 2011, is also the co-founder of Tweed Marijuana Inc., Canada's biggest full-scale producer of government-sanctioned pot producer, which is based in Smiths Falls, Ont.

"I'm simply a shareholder," said Rifici in an e-mail to the Sun on Wednesday.
Liberal CFO could rake in marijuana money with legalization | Ottawa & Region | (external - login to view)

but people on ODSP have to pay for the stuff off about $550 a month they have for everything after the rent is paid

they have monetized illness and road side weeds

Remington1
CIBC had come out with an estimated profit number on the sale of weed, $ 5 billion a year for the Liberals. Apparently this 5 billion will be spent on Health Care, so cannot be counted as a cash cow!! Seems counterproductive, no, to legalize something that will increase lung cancer, COPD and emphysema. The problem is how to stop sale that will clearly continue being made 'on-the-side', because this is not a regular legalization as first believed, it's government controlled? 5 billion is a lot of money for JT and Morneau to say: "It was never about the money" LOL

French Patriot
+1
Just the savings we will enjoy from the legal system not having to deal with cannabis offenders will go a long way in helping the courts which are presently throwing viable cases out as we speak would be profit enough for Canada. The rest is bonus.

Lest we forget, our own Royal Commission did not recommend the open and public sales of cannabis when they wrote their recommendations.

Seems the money men have taken over though so who knows where this will end.

Regards
DL

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Trudeau has 1001 more important things to contend with ahead of cannabis! Like health, education, unemployment, housing, the debt for starters!

French Patriot
+1

Trudeau has 1001 more important things to contend with ahead of cannabis! Like health, education, unemployment, housing, the debt for starters!

Cannabis is a medical issue as addiction is a medical condition.

Education of how to use drugs intelligently is a main feature of our Royal Commission Report on drugs.

Cannabis will employ many and the revenue would go to our debt.

You might want to rethink the issues involved in our useless drug war against our own children.

Regards
DL

Murphy
Conservative
+2
I'm surprised his government didn't do something to further legalization until I thought about it. It is still early in his mandate. Trigger issues like this are best left until re-election time is looming. Grab the votes when everyone starts questioning his record as PM. Kind of like Wynne lowering electricity rates in Ontario to shore up Liberal support here. Election is next year.

Danbones
Free Thinker
yeah, that worked for pierre and jean too

no new posts