Canadian Imam likens Trudeau to a King who helped Muslims and converted to Islam

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Canadian Sheikh Shaban Sherif Mady (شعبان شريف ماضي), was a scholar at al-Azhar theological school in Egypt and served at the Ministry of Endowment and Ministry of Education of the Egyptian government. Today, he is the Imam of a Muslim congregation in Edmonton, Alberta which holds its Friday prayers at Glengarry Hall in Edmonton.

Shaban Sherif Mady dedicated his Friday sermon on December 18, 2015 to Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, whom he sees as the greatest ally of the Muslims. Trudeau was likened to “the Najashi”, the Christian King of Abyssinia in the 7th century AD, who is honoured in the Islamic history for the support and protection he provided to the Muslim emigrants who fled pagan Mecca and his persistent refusal to expel them while fending off the pressure and lure offered by Muhammad’s Meccan rival leadership. Later, according to the Islamic tradition, the Najashi King accepted Muhammad’s invitation to embrace Islam and became a Muslim.

The following is an excerpt of Shaban Sherif Mady’s sermon (originally in Arabic):

here

Canadian Imam likens Trudeau to a King who helped Muslims and converted to Islam – CIJNews English

Last edited:

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
They don't understand that all he really cares for is their votes.

It's like dealing with neive little children =D

Really? It's Trudeau who is the naïve one. He has no idea how aggressive those Muslims will become once they are sure he is on their side.
I wonder how he will like his wife wearing a niquab and his kids plotting terror attacks against Canada? His only other choice may someday having his head lopped off.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Really? It's Trudeau who is the naïve one. He has no idea how aggressive those Muslims will become once they are sure he is on their side.
I wonder how he will like his wife wearing a niquab and his kids plotting terror attacks against Canada? His only other choice may someday having his head lopped off.

Even better, they will show their real colour for all to see .

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
For Gods sake people at least put these things into perspective.
A preacher can say what he wants, Trudeau saved a lot of those
who were in trouble. The preacher was merely paying tribute to
someone who helped and in the Arab world it is often over
dramatized.
As for wearing cultural garb of another culture is no big deal I have
done that myself while campaigning even in agricultural politics.
When you go into another cultures space you show the same
respect they would show you

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
OMG...Harper has converted.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
This anti-Muslim crap is like a disease and it is becoming a pandemic around here. Common sense has left the building.