In his Christmas letter Trudeau portrays Muslims as victims of hate crimes

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
In his Christmas letter Trudeau portrays Muslims as victims of hate crimes

The Toronto Star published on Saturday, December 26, on its front page a letter to Canadian penned by the Prime Minister Minister Justin Trudeau on the occasion of Christmas.
The main message in Trudeau’s letter is dealing with importance of opening the heart to the needy (Syrian refugees, unprivileged etc.), being kind and generous to your neighbour and fellow Canadians and supporting the middle class.

Trudeau emphasized this message by also mentioning threat to the Canadian values by hate speech and acts of violence directed at faith-based communities.
“I know that there have been times in the past year that have challenged our basic belief in ourselves as kind, compassionate, accepting people. We’ve seen mosques vandalized and individuals threatened because of their religious beliefs,” Trudeau wrote in his Christmas letter.

In the aforementioned paragraph dealing with events during the past year that “challenged our basic belief in ourselves as kind, compassionate, accepting people,” Trudeau did not mention any other attacks aimed at places of worship of other religions, ignored the threat of terrorism in Canada posed by home-grown Canadians as well as the many cases of blatant hate speech in Canada, including the justification of violence against women and killing civilians in terrorist attacks.

This message goes in line with Trudeau’s official policy. Answering the question “will you stand up to Donald Trump (American Presidential candidate) and condemn his hateful rhetoric?” during the Maclean’s Town Hall (December 16), Justin Trudeau emphasized its strong belief in cultural and religious diversity as a source of strength and argued that Muslims should be blamed of terrorist acts committed by ISIS and other groups because they are the greatest victims of terrorism.
The following is the transcript of Trudeau’s answer (36:41-40:34):

“First of all, I thinks it’s extremely important that someone in my position doesn’t engage in the electoral process of another country. So, I’m certainly going to be very cautious about engaging in this particular topic just because I think it’s going to be important for Canadians, for Canadian jobs, for Canadian prosperity to be able to have a positive relationship with whoever Americans chose as the President.

“However, I don’t think it comes as a surprise to anyone that I stand firmly against the politics of division, the politics of fear, the politics of intolerance or hateful rhetoric.
“I stood clearly against that in charte de valeurs [Quebec Charter of Values] divisive issues put forward by the former Premier of Quebec.

“I took a very strong stand against the previous governments playing dangerous games with veils and citizenship issues.

“I think Canada and indeed any modern society does best when we understand that diversity is a source of strength not a source of weakness, that the elements on which we are similar are always far greater than the elements which we are diverse, and if we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we don’t actually ending up any safer.

“Fear doesn’t make us safer. It makes us weaker. And at this time when there is a reason to be concern for security around the world and here at home we need to remain focused on keeping our communities safe and keeping our communities united instead of trying to build walls and scapegoat communities.

“[I’m] talking directly about the Muslim community. They are predominantly the greatest victims of terrorist acts around the world at the present time. And painting ISIS and others with a broad brush that extends to all Muslims is not just ignorant, it is irresponsible.”

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxFEGLkpub4#t=82

source: http://en.cijnews.com/?p=17677

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Justin Trudeau emphasized its strong belief in cultural and religious diversity as a source of strength and argued that Muslims should be blamed of terrorist acts committed by ISIS and other groups because they are the greatest victims of terrorism.

The mantra of someone without and centre.. and without a plan. I think this gooey multicultural jelly is going to start to spoil quite quickly.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
“However, I don’t think it comes as a surprise to anyone that I stand firmly against the politics of division,

I wonder if that means he is against tax dollars going to indian reserves while they pay no taxes?

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
“However, I don’t think it comes as a surprise to anyone that I stand firmly against the politics of division,

I wonder if that means he is against tax dollars going to indian reserves while they pay no taxes?

I am wondering if you are unfamiliar with the term "politics of division."

Also, a good read: First Nations pay more tax than you think (Source: CBC News)

And I think Mr. Trudeau's position on renewing Canada's nation-to-nation relationship with First Nations is fairly clear.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Fear doesn’t make us safer. It makes us weaker.
Fear? Is fear why I want to cut these f-ckers off at the knees, dig a big hole and push their useless carcasses in an a scale that would require a fleet of D9s?

That isn't fear. It is my duty as a human being.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I'd venture to say that Mosque in Peterborough was a hate crime and the people who attended were victims - just one.

Don'cha wish the world was all black and white - just for the convenience of the brainless?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Just their bad luck that the quiet spot they thought they had chosen sat on top of a big treasure chest instead.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The mantra of someone without and centre.. and without a plan. I think this gooey multicultural jelly is going to start to spoil quite quickly.

Sucks to be on the wrong team, doesn't it.

Turdoh is stoopid.

Looking in the mirror again, I see.

That should be posted in the jokes forum.

As should the majority of your posts.

Sharing a brain cell with walter, I see.

Fear? Is fear why I want to cut these f-ckers off at the knees, dig a big hole and push their useless carcasses in an a scale that would require a fleet of D9s?

That isn't fear. It is my duty as a human being.

Oh ya, you're scared ****less.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
You have no principles, moral or otherwise.

Spoken like a true blue Liberal.. who all know principles and morals are determined by the polls.

Trudeau is a classic one term PM. His caucus will be directionless and in a uproar within a year.. racked by petty ideological bickering.. and political gamesmanship.. which Justin will not have the leadership or vision to control.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Justin is a classic one term PM. His caucus will be directionless and in a uproar within a year.. racked by petty ideological bickering.. and political ambition.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...... and when he was first elected as a MP I predicted he would become leader of the Libs.... people like you laughed. When he became leader, I predicted he would become the next PM, people like you scoffed at the idea. Now that he is PM, I stand by what I said during the election, He will be PM for at least 2 terms.