Christmas message from Her Majesty the Queen

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Her Majesty Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada, in Her Majesty's Christmas address, urges us to spread love to others. The Queen is the head of state for Canada, the United Kingdom, and fourteen other Commonwealth realms. The Queen's Christmas message is broadcast throughout the world. Her Majesty recently made history by becoming the longest-reigning monarch of Canada.

The Queen's annual Christmas broadcast message encourages viewers and listeners "to be thankful for the people who bring love and happiness into our own lives and to look for ways of spreading that love to others," despite the tragic events the world faced in 2015.

"It is true that the world has had to confront moments of darkness this year," the Queen said, although she did not give any specifics. "But the Gospel of John contains a verse of great hope often read at Christmas carol services: 'The light shines in the darkness. And the darkness has not overcome it.'"

Click here to view the Queen's Christmas message. (Source: CBC)

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
It should be noted, too, that His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, C.C., C.M.M., C.O.M., C.D., the Governor General and Commander-in-Chief in and over Canada, the Queen's personal representative, has also released a Christmas message thanking members of the Canadian Armed Forces, and other Canadians serving abroad, for the important work that they are doing to keep Canadians safe.

HE the Rt. Hon. David Johnston said:
OTTAWA—At this festive time of year, Sharon and I would like to offer our best wishes for the holiday season to the members of the Canadian Armed Forces and to all Canadians serving our country abroad. While your sense of duty has called you to serve our nation, you remain in our thoughts, wherever you may be. It is our hope that the Christmas spirit brings you happiness, peace and comfort, and that the year ahead sees all of your dreams come true, for you and your families. We wish you the very best. (excerpt)

Click here to read the entire message. (Source: OSGG)

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Her Majesty Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada, in Her Majesty's Christmas address, urges us to spread love to others. The Queen is the head of state for Canada, the United Kingdom, and fourteen other Commonwealth realms. The Queen's Christmas message is broadcast throughout the world. Her Majesty recently made history by becoming the longest-reigning monarch of Canada.

Click here to view the Queen's Christmas message. (Source: CBC)

She chose a beautiful choice of passage to quote.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
She is looking old. There won't be many more of these messages from her.

I'm afraid that when it becomes Charlie's turn, he will never sound like more than an insufferable Toff. Elizabeth was not raised to be a monarch, at first. That may be why she is so good at it.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
She is looking old. There won't be many more of these messages from her.

I'm afraid that when it becomes Charlie's turn, he will never sound like more than an insufferable Toff. Elizabeth was not raised to be a monarch, at first. That may be why she is so good at it.

And happy 12-25 to you too.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
She looks pretty good to me.. still sharp.. and with a Christmas message that always focuses on the real meaning of the season. I find it dignified and moving. I'm not sure the next generations will have the faith and composure to do it as well. God Save the Queen.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I liked the part of her speech where she warned the person that keeps parking in front of the palace, blocking the gates, with beheading. Especially when she said, "On the spot!".

She's a class act! But has a mean streak...

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
And happy 12-25 to you too.

Well, I've seen too many of my own get old and move on. Christmas makes us notice those who are not with my immediate family any more. There are a lot, now and we miss them all.

The Queen has been there all of my life and I will miss her, too.