Justin Trudeau, Tom Mulcair visit Montreal food banks

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Justin Trudeau, Tom Mulcair visit Montreal food banks

The Prime Minister and one of his chief political rivals got into the Christmas spirit Friday as both volunteered at Montreal food banks.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his wife Sophie Grégoire Trudeau packed food baskets at Moisson Montréal.

Meanwhile, New Democratic Party leader Tom Mulcair joined volunteers at Sun Youth to assemble food baskets for needy families.

Justin Trudeau and Thomas Mulcair visit Montreal food banks | Montreal Gazette

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
And that's pretty much all that poor and homeless Canadians will get from them. Merry Non-Denominational, Generic Winter Holiday everyone.

Oh wait, can we still call it a holiday (holy day) without offending some prog-tard, half-wit's sensibilities?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
It is good to see politicians from all stripes out volunteering in their riding's
I know some Tory politicians that do the same. This is not the time of year
for partisan politics at all.
Sometimes we are critical and throw rocks at these folks but we should also
acknowledge their good works too.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It is good to see politicians from all stripes out volunteering in their riding's
It's not the political stripe that I care about. It's this notion that Christmas is for the poor and needy, which I don't necessarily disagree with, while the rest of the year you just walk by them trying your best to ignore them and not make eye contact. By the by, I don't mean you personally, I mean society in general.
The once a year phonies are simply shooting for a personal feel good moment. In may seem counterintuitive at first, but if you think about it, it's actually kind of a selfish act for the once a year phonies.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Trudeau seems almost human for a politician. No wonder the consbots hate him.

Or Trudeau is a millionaire posing as someone who really cares. No wonder the gullible are sucked in.

BTW, I'm neither a bot, nor do I hate him, but you folks really look like a bunch of teenage girls at a Boy Band concert. Good grief.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I agree with giving credit where credit is due while keeping in mind that these guys know how to create a good impression!

It's not the political stripe that I care about. It's this notion that Christmas is for the poor and needy, which I don't necessarily disagree with, while the rest of the year you just walk by them trying your best to ignore them and not make eye contact. By the by, I don't mean you personally, I mean society in general.
The once a year phonies are simply shooting for a personal feel good moment. In may seem counterintuitive at first, but if you think about it, it's actually kind of a selfish act for the once a year phonies.

That's a little harsh to my way of thinking. Most folks can afford to be charitable from time to time, while certainly not being able to afford it on an ongoing basis (at least I can't). Xmas is a time of year when emotions run rampant and sadness and despondency are at a peak so I think most compassionate people would choose to donate at this time. Normal people want to see the children enjoy Xmas.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
For a moment, I thought the news article would be about Mulair hanging out with Justin, maybe getting a selfish with Justin.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Exactly, it's Liberal policies that have created the mess in Alberta.

What is Trudeau ashamed to visit Alberta?

Canada’s battered oilpatch braces for Trudeaumania 2.0 at a critical time for the energy industry

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
And that's pretty much all that poor and homeless Canadians will get from them. Merry Non-Denominational, Generic Winter Holiday everyone.

Oh wait, can we still call it a holiday (holy day) without offending some prog-tard, half-wit's sensibilities?
Only if somebody can say "Happy Holidays" without Old Stock Canadians going on a rant about the War on Christmas.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
People are starting to wake up to the truth now.

Klein's policies got us into this mess | Calgary Herald

In 1992, Alberta’s accumulated debt (financial assets minus liabilities) stood at just over $8 billion, with most of that incurred after 1986. To put that number into perspective, combined subsidies to agriculture and oil and gas totalled $11.2 billion between 1986 and 1992. In other words, had Klein eliminated those subsidies, the debt would have disappeared in six years.