When will Justin Trudeau address the Economy.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Look, his move toward addressing the Truth and Reconciliation Commission is a good thing, even though he isn't the one who commissioned it, he gets points for addressing the findings. He has Syrian refugees getting into Canada at an accelerated rate and he is going to do an inquiry into the missing indigenous woman.

Beyond that, everything this new PM has done has been nothing short of a photo-op. The Paris talks are a lot of Countries making promises they likely won't keep and of course, he is taking a bunch of kids from the Sick Kids Hospital to the Star Wars Premiere on whose dime I'm not sure. What a guy!

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau shared this photo on Twitter Tuesday night after hosting a private
screening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens with 20 patients of the Children's Hospital of
Eastern Ontario (CHEO). (@JustinTrudeau/Twitter)

But then, this newly minted Prime Minister has yet to discuss the issue that will be most important to all Canadians when the other shoe really begins to drop. How are we going to fix the economy with a shrinking dollar, falling energy revenues and jobs drying up at an accelerated rate?

I heard a lot of promises regarding economic stimulation, but I've yet to see anything but one silly photo op after another. Maybe its time he started acting like a leader instead of the front man for a boy band. Is this guy our Prime Minister or The Justin Bieber of politics?

Questions for Canadians to ponder:

• Where is the much needed revenue going to come from now that oil is in the dumper and the amount income tax dollars continue to shrink?
  • What is plan is in place to get Canadians back to work?
  • How will we replace the lost tax dollars from the energy sector?
I know that there are some folks, who are not at the nucleus of this economic meltdown, that think there is nothing to worry about, but this is just the beginning of a perfect storm. This is going to ripple out from Alberta and Saskatchewan across every province and those of you who didn't realize it, are now going to feel its effects, because the "horrible tar sand money" the "nimby's" were all whining about will not be there to prop up the economy.

I see you spending like a drunken sailor, but where's the plan Prime Minister Trudeau?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I said before the election that the Liberal party will useTrudeau as nothing more than a figurehead. He can be the public image of the party while the brains (and I use that term loosely)
behind the scenes does all the real work

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Look at all those empty seats in that theatre. The economy is in a shambles. The silence is DEAFENING. I am DEAFENED by the silence. THANKS TRUDEAU.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I said before the election that the Liberal party will useTrudeau as nothing more than a figurehead. He can be the public image of the party while the brains (and I use that term loosely)
behind the scenes does all the real work[/QUOTE]

I agree, he is the Liberal Equivalent of George W Bush.

Don't you mean: all the real damage.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Look at all those empty seats in that theatre. The economy is in a shambles. The silence is DEAFENING. I am DEAFENED by the silence. THANKS TRUDEAU.

I actually don't have any issue with him doing that, I just wish we could see something of substance instead of fluff.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah. He was elected ... what, a month and a half ago? High time. He should have fixed the economy by now and got the oil industry back in action. Can't this guy get anything right?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Trudeau said what he was going to do and he's doing it. He didn't say everything would be fixed in a month and a half.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Will the economy ask for a selfie?
With any luck. That means history repeats itself and the place is such a mess when the Liberals finally get the reins that it takes some money to fix the holes and then over a decade the only way it goes is down because it is working smoother rather than social cuts have been made.

It would be nice to hear something. Now that the refugees have gotten their hugs and coupons it's time to move the scope of his attention to the country At large
The Hotels get the $80M and the chambermaids are probably all CIA anyway so there is your job creation possibility.