The Cost of Being “Compassionate, Humane, and Helpful” $700 Million

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The Cost of Being “Compassionate, Humane, and Helpful”

When was the last time the Government of Canada paid for your accommodations at a hotel?

Unless you’re a Syrian refugee who just arrived in Canada, you probably answered “never”.

We’ve heard it time and time again – particularly from the Liberals in the last few weeks – Canada has a proud tradition of being “compassionate, humane and helpful”.

The reality is the refugees fleeing war-torn Syria need a new home. Their livelihoods have been destroyed, their lives are in danger, and there is no future for them while ISIS exists. Canada is in a fortunate position where we’re able to take in Syrian refugees. However, we’re not exactly rolling in cash; although the Liberals sometimes act like we are.

The Trudeau Liberals estimate they’ll spend $80 million on overnight hotel accommodations to welcome Syrian refugees. In addition, over the next 6 years, $678 million will be spent towards resettlement and support of Syrian refugees.

Back in 2012, as a way to save taxpayers money, the Conservatives decided refugees deserve “only” the same health care coverage as Canadians. This meant clawing back on services that Canadians usually have to pay for out of their own pocket, such as dental work, prosthetics, and medication.

Last month, Immigration Minister John McCallum said the government will reinstate full health care for refugees, including the above services.

Let’s be clear – this isn’t a question of whether or not we should allow immigrants and refugees into Canada. Immigrants of different cultures and backgrounds contribute to the rich diversity that is Canada, and contribute to the Canadian economy as well.

The question that needs to be asked is: what exactly is the cost of being “compassionate, humane and helpful” under the Liberals?

source: The Cost of Being “Compassionate, Humane, and Helpful” | Canadian Conservatives

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
More whining. What are you going to do about it?

I mean besides making new threads about it here.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I suppose. But are you going to do anything?
Any putz can post articles from the news. Just ask mental loss. That is not doing anything about the problem, though, is it.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
You are not going to do anything. I thought not.

lol MY dreamy view of Justine? What have you been smoking?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Rather.

It is a bit too late to be cautious so we might as well clam up and help em out.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Man, I really have to hand it to ourselves, We are some really really good people. Way better then anyone else on this planet. I don't even think we can call ourselves humans, we are above humans. We are what humans evolve into next. That's how good we are pretending to be.

Canada is really riding high on its white horse now. We make the pope look like a a$$ hole. It's so rediculous it's actually painful to watch. We are so full of ourselves, No one is as good as we are pretending to be. It's so pretentious it's funny to think anyone would be stupid enough to think we actually are this kind.

Last edited:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The "price tag" is not news. In fact the Liberal govt is NOT announcing what it will cost for "security reasons". That's right folks, publicly announcing and importing 50,000 people from a war torn country is not a security issue. Saying how much it will cost apparently is a security issue.
Libtard logic.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
The "price tag" is not news. In fact the Liberal govt is NOT announcing what it will cost for "security reasons". That's right folks, publicly announcing and importing 50,000 people from a war torn country is not a security issue. Saying how much it will cost apparently is a security issue.
Libtard logic.
It's a logic of conveniences. And that if it's really good hearted then it worth taking the risk. Because it makes us feel like we are good. And we can show off to everyone at how kind we are.

It reminds me of Christmas when everyone tries to out do each other in a competition of who is the , goodiest ,based on how much money you can spend. It's absolutely retarded.

It's like a reverse racism where instead of showing how much dumber others are, Your trying to show off how much better you are by being impossibly good. But the feeling in the end is the same. The goal is to feel superior .

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Easier to track their communication if we give them our own hacked phones.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I know, Liberals like to sweep it under the rug and have all the nay sayers shut up..
Cheap, how much the 'other party' spend and not fix a damn thing???

>soon

Kelly ‏@OkKelly22

Calais camp: Brand new smart phones for the boys. Beyond belief

Cheap way to get all their mugs on a list.

The 3rd guy is guilty of something bad, other than the blank look.

It's like the camera stole his soul or something.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The Cost of Being “Compassionate, Humane, and Helpful”
When was the last time the Government of Canada paid for your accommodations at a hotel?

Unless you’re a Syrian refugee who just arrived in Canada, you probably answered “never”.
Or unless you're a Canadian servicewoman or -man, or a veteran.

Of course, true patriotic Old Stock Canadians like Boomster never had that experience.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
last time the gov paid my way?
every g-man job I have had
every time I was on EI and since I have been on ODSP

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I suppose. But are you going to do anything?
Any putz can post articles from the news. Just ask mental loss. That is not doing anything about the problem, though, is it.

But it certainly can be discussed can it not? Isn't that the reason for CC to begin with? To "discuss" various topics that are of interest to people? We may not be able to "solve" all problems, but we can certainly talk about them to see if somehow, either individually or as a group of concerned citizens come to some sort of resolution can we not?

Just askin... 'cuz if we can't talk about it, what's the point of CC?

JMO