Time for the truth bitches: Liberal voters duped

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Now that the House of Commons has tucked itself in for a long Christmas nap, Canadians still rejoicing the defeat of the Harper Conservatives had best not hang their stockings by the chimney with any pre-notional care, and expect them to be filled with electoral promises kept.

Sorry Virginia, but if you were old enough to vote for Justin Trudeau and the Liberals, then you are old enough to know the truth. You’ve been duped.

Yes, it is still early days, kiddo, but the new prime minister’s gifts to Canadians was read out in the recent Speech from the Throne, and there wasn’t much there.

Sorry if you felt left out. Get used to it.

Once upon a time, when I was around your age, Virginia, I voted for Justin Trudeau’s dear old dad.

Just once. You live and you learn.

Back then, about the same time as I was setting out for college to study journalism, I was mesmerized like you by the star power emitted by this other Trudeau, a veritably unknown justice minister at the time, but rakish, and promising the world to my generation if we elected him prime minister.

So we did.

And then came forced official bilingualism which not only still costs us billions a year but has created an impenetrable federal public service, a richly-rewarded haven for those who speak French and often only marginal English, but not for the flip side of that linguistic coin.

Today, thanks also to Pierre Trudeau, we have devolved into pocketed multiculturalism rather than having evolved with a cultural mosaic more adept at accepting differences and blending the hues of our society.

We have hyphenated Canadians now, Virginia, not that you are old enough to know anything different.

can you handle more...

Time for the truth: Liberal voters duped | BONOKOSKI | Columnists | Opinion | To

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
We've always had hyphenated Canadians such as those identified as 'French Canadians' or 'Italian Canadians' and as for 'pocketed' multiculturalism we've always had that as well starting with the imposed 'China Towns' in various cities.

Later on with different waves of immigration we saw 'Little Italy's' or 'Irish Towns' etc., sprout up as these immigrants congregated close to their own kind for cultural and language reasons.

And these pockets happened not just in Canada but in the USA.

All of those things occurred long before even PET was born.

And after almost 10 years of Conservative rule in Canada, they changed nothing.

And Canada has not pulled out the bombers yet and are awaiting consultations with others before they do, but based on everything I've read from people in the know, we should stop wasting taxpayers money on bombs because of all the bombing raids committed so far, by all the Countries involved, nothing has changed.

Canadians may indeed get duped by the Liberals on this subject.

Canada’s combat mission against ISIS to end within ‘weeks,’ Stéphane Dion says | Toronto Star

The Canadian government is considering a request to keep its surveillance and refuelling aircraft as a part of the coalition fight against Islamic State fighters.

Foreign Affairs Minister Stéphane Dion appeared on CTV’s Question Period Sunday to explain the potential involvement going forward.

“It has been requested from allies to consider to continue to do that. It’s something we may do,” Dion said when asked if the planes could serve in those capacities.

As a part of the campaign launched by the previous Conservative government, a Polaris CC-150 air-to-air refueller and CP-140 Aurora reconnaissance aircraft are working out of airbases in Kuwait.

Canada may keep surveillance, refuelling planes to fight ISIS: Dion | Toronto Star

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Woe! There is some really bitter saltiness there in that OP. I don't think that is good for your health Loc.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
They better hope for another sponsorship scandal or the next election will be between left and lefter.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
i notice conned servatives NEVER mention buloney mulroney and what free trade has done to Canada.
also there is the TTP doc that harper signed which have been leaked
global totalitarianisn has no place for the nation of canada or its' ideals
also there is the BAILIN thingy Harer wrote in to the 2014 budget

them 's your ankles
greece anyone?

harper and his cronies were in for long enough, and anyone with common sense knows you can't really judge the next guy till he has the same amount of time, and we get to see the how the policies of the last guy play out

though like sarah palin we can see both Iceland and greece from here
aand girls are doin it for a sandwich in greece they say these days

we already know what course we are on

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
They better hope for another sponsorship scandal or the next election will be between left and lefter.

Justin will be easy pickins' in the next election if the Harperites can get their heads out of their arses and accept that Canadians aren't interested in their brand of hate. Focus on smart fiscal policies that will keep taxes down and a balanced budget and it will be a slam dunk. Given the saltiness of people like Loc who seem to be the core of the Harperite cult I, unfortunately, don't see that happening.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
i notice conned servatives NEVER mention buloney mulroney and what free trade has done to Canada.
also there is the TTP doc that harper signed which have been leaked
global totalitarianisn has no place for the nation of canada or its' ideals
also there is the BAILIN thingy Harer wrote in to the 2014 budget

I think we do all the time with mulrooney.and the GST and Bill C17.. or Deifenbaker and the Avro.... But leftoids never notice unless they are the ones doing the bitching

And if just one of those hurry up and let them in refugees commits a terrorist act.....The shiny pony is history....

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

I have no problem mentioning Mulroney. Free Trade is great and the policies he put in place allowed for Chrétien and Martin to balance the budget. Harper and Trudeau have and will undo a lot of good

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Justin will be easy pickins' in the next election if the Harperites can get their heads out of their arses and accept that Canadians aren't interested in their brand of hate. Focus on smart fiscal policies that will keep taxes down and a balanced budget and it will be a slam dunk. Given the saltiness of people like Loc who seem to be the core of the Harperite cult I, unfortunately, don't see that happening.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
harper and his cronies were in for long enough, and anyone with common sense knows you can't really judge the next guy till he has the same amount of time, and we get to see the how the policies of the last guy play out

I have no faith whatever in the elections anymore. I'm quite sure any one of the three big Canadian parties would have followed essentially the same course we are now on We have allies and we have commitments to those other actors which override the democratic will of the Canadian voter. I believe the globalist perspective rules. We all have the same enemies and the same friends and we all borrow from the same banks. So where did the free nations go? The Canadian voter always gets duped.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
You'll always have the very stupid who vote for their daddy's party because it was his daddy's party. Want change? Make it....

Hint: It doesn't come in the old boys network

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario

I don't think the Conservatives were haters. They were cautious and tried to prevent the forward rush into chaos that the Liberals now seem to be promoting.
The whole world is in chaos and it started decades ago with deficits, mass migration and overly liberal 'freedoms'. Add on the overpopulation and you can't see any end to it; just a faster trip down the tube.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I don't think the Conservatives were haters.

Of course they are. Just look at their supporters on this forum.

They were cautious and tried to prevent the forward rush into chaos that the Liberals now seem to be promoting.

Chaos? Oh dear. It must be difficult, going through life with the "sky is falling" mentality.

The whole world is in chaos and it started decades ago with deficits...

We had a balanced budget until the Harperites took over.

...mass migration...

Is that code for "too many damn immigrants"?

and overly liberal 'freedoms'.

I hear ya! Freedoms suck

Add on the overpopulation and you can't see any end to it; just a faster trip down the tube.

Nonsense.

Baby Bust: Is the World's Population Actually Declining? | TIME.com

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Of course they are. Just look at their supporters on this forum.
Oh fer sure dude. Seen a fair bit of hate and intolerance from the leftoids too.

Chaos? Oh dear. It must be difficult, going through life with the "sky is falling" mentality.
They can't even find housing for all of them. Oh well, better to be homeless here than in some refugee camp eh? How many did you say you were pitching in to give help to?

We had a balanced budget until the Harperites took over.
Any idiot can balance their budget if they simply quit paying their bills and/or make someone else responsible for them..

Is that code for "too many damn immigrants"?
No, it's the buzzword that triggers idiots to scream "racist" whenever someone mentions the numbers are too high.

I hear ya! Freedoms suck
Well, it's a good thing the Liberals are working on abrogating some of those freedoms, eh?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I am just so happy the Tories and their agenda and Harper are gone even if it were true
we were duped I would still be happy. Not all will be accomplished true but the main
goal of Canadians was to rid themselves of the Conservative Government they flocked
to the polls in greater numbers to ensure the Tory gang was gone