Is diversity really our strength? Why Chrystia Freeland made me ashamed to be Canadia

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
Is diversity really our strength? Why Chrystia Freeland made me ashamed to be Canadian

Justin Trudeau appointed Chrystia Freeland as Minister of International Trade, and the mistake of picking someone for their gender over merit is already beginning to show.

I was disappointed and shocked watching the election results, but this video just made me ashamed to be Canadian.

wwwyoutubecomwatchvKWZnfNKoSpo

In the exchange, Bill Maher argues we must recognize some cultures are at odds with our own. There are in fact millions of radical Muslims across the world, and many of the refugees welcomed by Trudeau come from cultures that are dominated by Sharia law.

A sensible argument. But Freeland adamantly objects to this and suggests that not only are the cultures that gave rise to Sharia not worse than those of the west, but that the ideas themselves are not inferior either, and that it is offensive to suggest this.

So is Freeland right? Is diversity (external - login to view) really Canada’s strength?

I know this may sound crazy, but if Canada were ever under attack I would probably pick a large, well-funded and technologically advanced army over a diverse one. I’m also certain that designating Ramadan, Diwali, Chinese New Year and Cinco de Mayo as national holidays won’t help us during an economic collapse. Likewise, appointing a gender balanced cabinet isn’t going to fix our health care system or stop child poverty anytime soon.

It’s not that diversity doesn’t have any role to play in Canada; it’s just that it’s ridiculous to say that it is Canada’s greatest strength. It’s simply something that’s nice and politically correct to spout out to the media – it won’t actually help us in any real world situations. Freeland uses “diversity is Canada’s strength” in much the same way that Trudeau uses “it’s 2015”, which is to end a conversation. The argument essentially is that if you contradict us, you’re a bigot. How dare you disagree with political correctness in the current year. Don’t you dare suggest diversity isn’t the best thing that’s ever happened to us.

Communities that speak the same language and share a culture together are stronger than those compiled of multiple different ones. Homogeneous nations bond together with a common identity (external - login to view) – they do not fall apart and fracture in the same way that heterogeneous countries can do. In fact, if you look at examples of these nations such as Northern Ireland or Lebanon, you can clearly see huge ethnic and cultural divisions. Politicians have been trying for years to create a coherent strategy of power sharing between different sectors of society. I would rather not face this difficult situation in Canada – a consociational government comprised partly with supporters of sharia law would not be a positive outcome.

I don’t think anyone can disagree that it is enlightening, eye opening and educational to participate in different cultural events, make friends who grew up in different cultures, learn different dances and try different foods. We can discover the history of different groups, their traditions and their religions. I certainly can’t argue that any of these things are negative aspects of diversity. However, such things only come to fruition when dealing with peaceful groups – this is not the reality of the forced diversity that we have in the west, which is what Freeland wants to implement. The new cultures that are being imported into Canada have different core ideological principles to ours; some of their key tenets also go against basic Canadian values, such as the rule of law and equality between men and women.

In fact, this is exactly what Maher highlights in the video when he points out the extreme totalitarianism of Sharia law. Freeland, chillingly, continues to state that all ideas are equal and repeat “diversity is Canada’s strength” like a broken record. It is easy to see that Trudeau and his cabinet have yet to wrap their heads around the simple fact that those who want our laws and social norms to be based on the teachings of the Koran are at odds with a democratic culture that supports freedom.

The real strength of Canada is not diversity (external - login to view), but our culture of liberty and the fact that we accept those people who want to embrace or conform to it. I worry that our government no longer concerns itself with properly ensuring that migrants reject their old authoritarian ideas and integrate into liberal western society. I fear that Trudeau’s narrative is more important to him than safety of Canadians and our wonderful history.

War is peace, freedom is slavery, diversity is strength.

source: Is diversity really our strength? Why Chrystia Freeland made me ashamed to be Canadian - The Rebel (external - login to view)

Keeping getting milage out of this story..

tay
I guess your idles at the Rebel can't keep up with the news.......

forums.canadiancontent.net/ca...light=freeland (external - login to view)

Walter
Idles, like Idle no more?

davesmom
+1
Freeland does what all PC and all Liberals do; they interrupt and shout down anyone who has a different point of view. PC and Liberals never admit that there is indeed another valid point of view besides their own.
I agree that the basic tenets of Islam have to be changed before they can be assimilated successfully into secular countries.
Saying only a small percent, only a few doesn't cut it! Only a small percent or only 'a few' is a small percentage/a few too many to allow them the opportunity to challenge, mock and disregard our laws. One terrorist can kill/maim a hell of a lot of people, in a mall, a theatre, a concert hall, a sports arena or God forbid, in a school!
There will be a terrorist attack in Canada. It is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when. And when it happens, if a recent refugee is implicated in any small way, the Liberals will cover it up and make excuses for it.
It is a shameful blight on Canada that our government can't heed the lessons learned from other countries and exercise caution.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by davesmomView Post

Freeland does what all PC and all Liberals do; they interrupt and shout down anyone who has a different point of view. PC and Liberals never admit that there is indeed another valid point of view besides their own.

Oh, you mean like Bill O'reilly and Ezra Levant. You are starting to sound like a teabagger.

davesmom
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Oh, you mean like Bill O'reilly and Ezra Levant. You are starting to sound like a teabagger.

Are you saying it's not true?

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by davesmomView Post

Are you saying it's not true?

Behind a hatred is fear. Yes I'm saying you are spreading your unfounded fears as if they had any validity. 90%, if not more, of all terrorist attacks in Canada and the US have been carried out by white christian right wing fruit loops. Stop watching FOX. It will rot your brain.

Danbones
Free Thinker
and worse
most of those terrorist nutbars were working for the government
(how about them craft int knapsacks at the boston blow out, eh?
or the state dept putting the underwear bomber on the plane without a passport and with a camera man...and NOW there are several witness who saw three tall white shooters at bakersfield)

o really is a sex offender who has paid settlements out
he was once a conspiracy theorist
exactly the type of compromised face piece the ptb love

its all propaghandy
Last edited by Danbones; Dec 13th, 2015 at 08:58 PM..

Glacier
No Party Affiliation
+1

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchv20E0UPeCckw

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation

Behind a hatred is fear. Yes I'm saying you are spreading your unfounded fears as if they had any validity. 90%, if not more, of all terrorist attacks in Canada and the US have been carried out by white christian right wing fruit loops. Stop watching FOX. It will rot your brain.

And once again your stupidity comes flying out for all to see. Pretty much every terrorist attack in Canada has been the result of leftards and foreign nationals..
Let's see now, leftist groups in Canada have firebombed pipelines, refineries, banks and Armed Forces recruiting centers. Cubans have bombed the Cuban embassy AND native trade delegations on more than one occasion. Armenians have bombed the Turkish embassy in Canada, more than once. In fact here's a list of terror attacks in Canada. Good luck finding any recent attacks by right wing Christian fundies in Canada, other than maybe the three by the Sons of Freedom, and their last "adventure" was in 1960.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Canada (external - login to view)

CDNBear
False flag ops, lol.

tay
The irrational has begun to dominate our politics as if the American virus has stealthily moved north to infect our national narratives. It reflects itself in various ways but it seems that wars – old wars, current wars and future wars – have gripped the minds of our political elite and their courtiers in the media.

Most problematic is Chrystia Freeland whose well-documented hostility towards Russia raises questions about her suitability for the foreign affairs post. She got off almost scot-free for blatantly lying about her Nazi grandfather. Justin Trudeau lost his reason regarding the U.S. missile attack on Syria and we were subjected to an extra-heavy dose of non-sense about Vimy Ridge with Trudeau opining that “this was Canada at its best.”

As for the mendacious Ms. Freeland, why on earth is she still in one of the most important cabinet posts in the Trudeau government? She got a pass on her grandfather’s record with the help of media groupthink along the lines of “we can’t blame her for her Nazi grandfather.” But no one ever did. Critics blamed her for knowing her grandfather was a Nazi collaborator for two decades and saying nothing, and for never denouncing him (she still hasn’t). Critics also blamed her for lying about him – actually portraying him in her autobiography as almost a freedom fighter: “My maternal grandparents fled western Ukraine after Hitler and Stalin signed their non-aggression pact in 1939. They never dared to go back…”

Well, yes, he did leave Ukraine. Freeland’s grandfather Mykhailo Chomiak spent the entire war in Poland editing the Nazi-run newspaper Krakivski Visti (News of Krakow) under the orders of the Nazis’ Polish Governor-General Hans Frank, the man who organized the Holocaust in Poland. Chomiak and his family moved into an apartment seized from a Jewish family and ran the newspaper from editorial offices of a former Polish-language Jewish newspaper, Nowy Dziennik, whose editor ended up being murdered at the Belzec concentration camp along with 600,000 other Jews.

Critics also blame Freeland for repeatedly refusing to answer direct questions about her grandfather. Her office gave the Hillary Clinton defence (external - login to view): “People should be questioning where this information comes from, and the motivations behind it.” Freeland herself tried to deflect them with references to Russian disinformation: “American officials have publicly said … there were efforts on the Russian side to destabilize Western democracies, and I think it shouldn’t come as a surprise if these same efforts were used against Canada.” What disinformation would that be? Not, apparently, the crude attempts at whitewashing her grandfather’s role in Poland.

That whitewashing includes efforts to downplay just how pro-Nazi the newspaper was. Yet Krakivski Visti was a vicious propaganda tool fomenting as much hatred of Jews as it could. The writer Juilan Tarnovych wrote a series, “Out of Satan’s Claws,” in which he referred to Jews as “Yid mobs,” “bastards,” “rotten scum,” “bacillus,” “that riffraff – that nest of crawling kikes,” and “a pile of crawling worms.” Chomiak himself wrote editorials (external - login to view) claiming Poland was “infected by the Jews.”

Perhaps the explanation lies in the fact that Freeland is, like her father and grandfather, a devoted Ukrainian nationalist with a deep-seated hostility towards Russia. Even when she was a journalist with the Financial Times she did not hide her fierce Ukrainian nationalism – encouraging the Euromaidan rebellion that became a violent coup against Russian-friendly Viktor Yanukovich. Freeland’s take? “Their victory will be a victory for us all; their defeat will weaken democracy far from the Euromaidan. We are all Ukrainians now. Let’s do what we can … to support them.”

The democracy that resulted from the coup was not quite as advertised. Freeland’s Nazi ghosts came to life in the new government which was chock-a-block with outright Nazis. The new government had five cabinet members from the Svoboda Party – proud descendants of the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN) who fought against the Red Army alongside the Nazis. In 1941 the OUN sent a message to Lvov’s Jews in the form of a pamphlet (external - login to view) which said: “We will lay your heads at Hitler’s feet.” The OUN and the SS arrested and executed 4,000 of the city’s Jews.

It is rare to see a modern politician so blinded by personal hostility. To place Chrystia Freeland in the position of foreign minister is nothing short of reckless. If her bias was against Luxembourg it would hardly matter. But the world is now closer to a nuclear holocaust than at any time since the Reagan administration. The relationship between the West and Russia is now the most important geopolitical issue on the planet.

How can we trust someone who has shown hostility towards Russia to the extent that Freeland has to lead Canada in navigating these treacherous foreign policy waters? Does her blindness prevent her from imagining the potential for nuclear war? Is she capable of accepting that Russia has legitimate interests? Are we risking a Freeland blunder in a situation that requires nuance?

Regarding Russia the question arises of whether or not the tail is wagging the dog in the Trudeau government. Trudeau pledged in the last election to rebuild relations with Russia. Now Canada is demanding that “Assad must go” (via Freeland) – pure posturing especially given there is no evidence yet of who used gas against Syrian civilians. Then Trudeau added to the embarrassment by demanding Russia abandon Assad, something everyone knows is not going to happen. But it will add to Putin’s paranoia that the West is out to get him.

Someone should ask Trudeau just who he is trying to please by keeping this flawed politician in such a powerful post.

https://canadiandimension.com/articl...fairs-minister (external - login to view)

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1

You're an idiot. Stop reading revisionist leftard bullsh*t, it'll make you stupid. Oooops, too late.

Here's a list of terror attacks and plots in Canada. Notice how f*cking few were committed by the group you mentioned.

Feel free to point out all the right-wing Christians in that list. Dumbass!
Hell, the leftards have committed about as many acts of terror in Canada as the FLQ in Quebec.
Since 1999 there have been 9 terror events and plots by Muslims.
Since 1999 there have only been two terror attacks/plots that weren't Muslim originated. The bombing of 6 natgas pipelines in Dawson Creek by eco-warrior leftards and the recent mosque shooting in Quebec.

Annnnd of course these days we have the govt and their media lapdogs doing everything they can to hide any news of Muslims acting like sh*t heads in our country. And when news does get out, rest assured the apologists and sympathizers will be out in full force yet again trying to explain how Islam is a religion of peace.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

You're an idiot. Stop reading revisionist leftard bullsh*t, it'll make you stupid. Oooops, too late.

Here's a list of terror attacks and plots in Canada. Notice how f*cking few were committed by the group you mentioned.

Feel free to point out all the right-wing Christians in that list. Dumbass!
Hell, the leftards have committed about as many acts of terror in Canada as the FLQ in Quebec.
Since 1999 there have been 9 terror events and plots by Muslims.
Since 1999 there have only been two terror attacks/plots that weren't Muslim originated. The bombing of 6 natgas pipelines in Dawson Creek by eco-warrior leftards and the recent mosque shooting in Quebec.

Annnnd of course these days we have the govt and their media lapdogs doing everything they can to hide any news of Muslims acting like sh*t heads in our country. And when news does get out, rest assured the apologists and sympathizers will be out in full force yet again trying to explain how Islam is a religion of peace.

I'll put it as straight as I can. Do some Muslims commit terrorist acts? Yep. Are some Muslims sh*theads and act it out. You bet.

But then the question is, do some non-Muslim Canadians commit terrorist acts? And are some non-Muslim Canadians sh*theads?

If so, then why would you treat all Muslims based on the conduct of some Muslims, but not treat non-Muslims based on the conduct of some non-Muslims?

I note you used the term "our country." Who, exactly, is the we in "our?"

Vbeacher
+2
#15  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

Most problematic is Chrystia Freeland whose well-documented hostility towards Russia raises questions about her suitability for the foreign affairs post.

Sane people would suggest it's about the only good reason for her to be in the job.

I've never really understood this love of Putin the anarchists of the far left and far right have. He's a ridiculous person who eclipses Donald Trump in his narcissism and preening. How many times have we seen his scrawny, pale skinned body strutting around like he's expecting people to tuck dollar bills into his crotch? He's also far nastier, murdering anyone who gets in his way or criticizes him. His country is filled with poverty, while the oil money goes to him and his rich friends and to sustaining an enormous military he can wave around the world to make himself seem important. He's got the worst case of small man syndrome I've seen in my lifetime. Why you people worship him is really beyond me.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by VbeacherView Post

Sane people would suggest it's about the only good reason for her to be in the job.

I've never really understood this love of Putin the anarchists of the far left and far right have. He's a ridiculous person who eclipses Donald Trump in his narcissism and preening. How many times have we seen his scrawny, pale skinned body strutting around like he's expecting people to tuck dollar bills into his crotch? He's also far nastier, murdering anyone who gets in his way or criticizes him. His country is filled with poverty, while the oil money goes to him and his rich friends and to sustaining an enormous military he can wave around the world to make himself seem important. He's got the worst case of small man syndrome I've seen in my lifetime. Why you people worship him is really beyond me.

Mark this day on your calendar, V. I agree with you completely.

BUT. . . don't forget her GRANDFATHER was a NAZI!

Vbeacher
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

I'll put it as straight as I can. Do some Muslims commit terrorist acts? Yep. Are some Muslims sh*theads and act it out. You bet.

But then the question is, do some non-Muslim Canadians commit terrorist acts? And are some non-Muslim Canadians sh*theads?

If so, then why would you treat all Muslims based on the conduct of some Muslims, but not treat non-Muslims based on the conduct of some non-Muslims?

This is the typical screed of the progressive left. "Hey, terrorism is only committed by a few Muslims! And lots of other people commit terrorist acts too!"

Well no. Muslims have committed tens of thousands of terrorist acts in the name of Islam since 9/11 far, far and away eclipsing everyone else combined.

And it's not just 'a few' Muslims. Sam Harris makes the point that at least 20% of the Muslim world is made up of Islamists. They might not all be blowing stuff up but they definitely support blowing stuff up. They fully support executing anyone who disses the prophet or the koran, or who tries to leave Islam, as well as gays adulterers, etc. On top of them is another large group of Muslims who might not be willing to kill apostates and blasphemers themselves, but they don't support freedom of speech. A poll taken in the UK showed almost 70% of British Muslims felt publishing the Danish cartoons on Muhammed ought to be a criminal act.

None of which is surprising, because there's nothing ISIS has done that Muhammad and his merry band of killers and cutthroats didn't do too.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2

Your first mistake is assuming I don't. Second, when you have to try and pass motions and laws to force respect for your personal beliefs on a population, then one can safely assume your personal beliefs aren't worth respecting. You know, similar to what the White man did to the Native people with Christianity. I mean what next, are the Libtards going to pass motions and laws making it a "hate crime" to have a problem with their Liberal ideology? OH wait, never mind, Trudeau is already trying to get that done as well.

Those who worked and those who are currently working to actually build this country, regardless of their ethnicity or country of origin.

Colpy
Conservative
+1

Tell that to the 238 innocent people murdered, and 852 wounded in 18 terror attacks in France alone in 2015-16.

We do not want to go there.

MHz
How many are temp jobs for the summer?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by VbeacherView Post

And it's not just 'a few' Muslims. Sam Harris makes the point that at least 20% of the Muslim world is made up of Islamists. They might not all be blowing stuff up but they definitely support blowing stuff up.

How does Sam Harris arrive at that figure? Besides being Sam Harris, that is.
Quote:

They fully support executing anyone who disses the prophet or the koran, or who tries to leave Islam, as well as gays adulterers, etc. On top of them is another large group of Muslims who might not be willing to kill apostates and blasphemers themselves, but they don't support freedom of speech. A poll taken in the UK showed almost 70% of British Muslims felt publishing the Danish cartoons on Muhammed ought to be a criminal act.

Yeah, boy, supporting legislation to criminalize something is TERRORISM!

Let's cut to the chase, shall we? You want to discriminate against people for membership in a certain religion. That's pretty much the definition of religious discrimination.

Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

Your first mistake is assuming I don't.

I made no assumptions at all. I framed some questionsin the hope of getting some sense out of you.

Waste of time, clearly.

Quote:

Second, when you have to try and pass motions and laws to force respect for your personal beliefs on a population, then one can safely assume your personal beliefs aren't worth respecting.

I agree.

Quote:

You know, similar to what the White man did to the Native people with Christianity. I mean what next, are the Libtards going to pass motions and laws making it a "hate crime" to have a problem with their Liberal ideology? OH wait, never mind, Trudeau is already trying to get that done as well.

Well, I'm certainly not going to deny all y'all Canadians never were really on board with freedom of speech.

Quote:

Those who worked and those who are currently working to actually build this country, regardless of their ethnicity or country of origin.

Even if they're Muzzies?

Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Tell that to the 238 innocent people murdered, and 852 wounded in 18 terror attacks in France alone in 2015-16.

We do not want to go there.

What's the trigger? I mean, how many people need to be murdered by members of "X" group to justify blanket discrimination against that group?

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1

Let's cut to the chase, shall we? You want to discriminate against people for membership in a certain religion. That's pretty much the definition of religious discrimination.

Unfortunately in this case, discrimination also includes criticism and mockery, yet the other 2 of the "Big 3" aren't afforded the same respect now are they? Hell, pop culture constantly rips on Christians and Jews, but Muslims? Oh my goodness gracious no. You must fully respect their beliefs and treat those beliefs as seriously as they do or else you're some kind of hater. That's the kind of crap that's going on. I fully agree that nobody should be discriminated against simply because of their personal beliefs. You shouldn't be denied jobs, or housing or services simply because of what you believe. Yet we've had several instances where Muslims openly discriminated against disabled people only to have those instances swept under the carpet.
We've seen it time and time again over here. Christians discriminate against gay people and those Christians and their beliefs are deplorable. Muslims discriminate against disabled people and those who aren't busy ignoring it are making up excuses as to why it's religiously acceptable for a Muslim to deny service to a disabled person. And yet, somehow I'm intolerant because I have a problem with that. Somehow I'm intolerant because I refuse to respect some idiotic personal beliefs.
You see Tec, when you're afraid to equally apply the rules or laws to a person because of what they are, that is also a form of racism or discrimination. But apparently I'm intolerant because I have a problem with my govt being that racist/discriminatory.

I made no assumptions at all. I framed some questionsin the hope of getting some sense out of you.

Waste of time, clearly.

Only because you didn't get the response you were anticipating.

Even if they're Muzzies?

Well as soon as someone can point out how any of them have contributed to Canada in any meaningful way, sure.

What's the trigger? I mean, how many people need to be murdered by members of "X" group to justify blanket discrimination against that group?

Ask some of your own people that question. Ask BLM. Ask the anti-gun crowd.

It's all about the narrative. Look at what just happened in Ohio. Do you think the anti-gun crowd will be screaming about how you need better gun laws? Probably not. Do you think the MSM will be following every detail like a bloodhound? Not likely. Nope, the lefties are simply waiting to see how his arrest goes down.

Look at the BLM narrative. They started protesting over the number being shot by cops. The MSM ran with the narrative too and yet in 2015 only 4% of the Black people killed in the US were killed by police. But that doesn't matter. The narrative says otherwise and must be believed.

The mosque shooting in Quebec City is probably one of the most notable examples of leftist narrative hypocrisy in Canada. I don't believe the CBC has ever used the words "Muslim" and "terrorism" in the same paragraph, let alone the same sentence. But one of their "journalists" sure had no problem alluding to the QC mosque shooting as being a case of Christian terrorism.
So, 9 attacks/foiled terror plots by Muslims in Canada since 1999 and none of them had to do with religion and are even dismissed as terrorism, according to the leftist narrative. But one terror attack against Muslims in Canada is an absolutely 100% guaranteed act of Christian terrorism.

Christ, you aren't any better bucky boy. Remember the "veil" incident in London, ON last summer when some Muslim woman was accosted at the mall? To help you refresh your memory, you were quick to blame "Old Stock Canadians" for it. Turned out it was a Persian woman who had a problem with the Muslim. Kind of funny when you think about it. You're trying to preach to me about religious discrimination even though you engage in your own form of bigotry.

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
It's simple people... we have a economic pyramid scam to uphold.

We have two options.

Immigration

Or pro Life anti abortion

The whole thing runs on population growth to pay off our debt. It's simple mathematics.

We can not ignore population growth, it has to happen which ever way.

Importing immigrants that produce a ton of kids is essential to the survival of our pyramid scam.

Vbeacher

How does Sam Harris arrive at that figure? Besides being Sam Harris, that is.

It wasn't him that arrived at it. He was quoting another organization, which measured the political support in terms of votes for Islamist groups in places like, Lebanon, Iraq, Pakistan and Egypt, along with polls showing support for Islamist policies like execution for blasphemy.

Quote:

Yeah, boy, supporting legislation to criminalize something is TERRORISM!

So you'd have no problem with people supporting legislation to exterminate all natives, right? I mean, that wouldn't mark them as hateful or violent people? Would you cheer on the immigration of tens of thousands of members of that religion into Canada every year?

Quote:

Wow! What a simplistic answer! Again, how would you feel about a religion which believed that God wanted all natives dead with their hearts cut out on an alter? Would you feel it wrong to 'discriminate' against them?