Shiny pony can't pull out

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
No timetable on pulling jets, says Defence Minister

Canada will not pull its CF-18 fighter jets from the combat mission in Iraq and Syria if it degrades the overall capability of the coalition forces, Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan told SiriusXM in an interview on “Everything in Political with Evan Solomon.”

“The decision for that will be based on my conversations with my counterparts, making sure that the coalition’s capability is not reduced,” the defence minister said. He said he is working on various options and will announce a decision soon.

This stands in contrast to what the Foreign Affairs Minister Stéphane Dion said on Monday, when he announced that the combat mission would end imminently.

“It will be a matter of weeks not months,” Dion told reporters. Dion also said pulling out Canada’s jets would be done in conjunction with Canada’s allies and rolled out alongside a new plan, but he never hinted that the defining issue would be “capability.”

Sajjan also said he is considering leaving Canada’s air refueling and reconnaissance aircraft as part of the mission.

whip it, whip it good...

No timetable on pulling jets, says Defence Minister | National Newswatch

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Sajjan is totally lost in this portfolio. When he was in the military he was protected from screwing up by his mates, but now with these larger responsibilities he's totally lost.

rugatika

Dec 12, 2015
Let me guess...Trudeau will be pulling out on the same schedule Harper set. But it will be much better when Trudeau does it.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
if it degrades the overall capability of the coalition forces,

I could see this coming when the announcement was made. Someone phoned Ottawa and ordered an about face so as not to reenforce the stampede to the doors and shed light on the coalitions weaknesses. It won't fool anyone.