Trudeau and Wynne personally greet Syrians into Canada

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Video at link.

Syrian refugees greeted by PM as they arrive on government aircraft in Toronto

The first large group of Syrian refugees coming to Canada by government aircraft arrived in Toronto late Thursday night, with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on hand to welcome them at a temporary processing centre at Pearson International Airport.

Trudeau was joined by the ministers of immigration, health and defence, as well as Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne, local mayors and opposition immigration critics.

Trudeau and Wynne greeted the first two families to come through processing and gave them winter coats.

The first family was a couple with their 16-month-old girl and the second was a man and woman with their three daughters, two of whom are twins. Both families said they were happy to be here.

"They step off the plane as refugees, but they walk out of this terminal as permanent residents of Canada with social insurance numbers, with health cards and with an opportunity to become full Canadians," Trudeau said just prior to the plane's arrival.

Syrian refugees greeted by PM as they arrive on government aircraft in Toronto - Toronto - CBC News

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Re: Trudeau and Wynne personally greet Syrians into the country

O.T.T is what I would call this spectacle. I wonder what those exhausted migrants thought about being overwhelmed by our entire political leadership, after midnight for gods sake and after flying half way across the world? There should be limits placed on what the clown show is allowed to do as a photo op ... showing the world how generous they are with our money. It's downright embarrassing, actually.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

What's O.T.T.?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Over The Top ...(seriously exaggerated, too much, etc.,)

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

Ah.

Yes, yes it is.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
These migrants all come from a place where the political leadership should be avoided at all costs. I'm sure that some of the were squirming. Others probably thought: "Don't these important people have something better to do?" The truth is, that gauntlet of P.M., Premier and Mayor were all their for there own political benefit and the migrants are being used by them.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
You'd think that Justine and Mr. Wynne had more pressing issues to deal with. Wynne might think about getting Ontario's economy outta the crapper and I would assume that Justine has a full plate of appointments of taking some selfies with folk

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
And all the ones that used to denigrate Harper's photo ops with our soldiers and the expenses incurred in doing that are awful quiet ...huh?

But a shiny pony fluffer thread....that's OK

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

O.T.T is what I would call this spectacle. I wonder what those exhausted migrants thought about being overwhelmed by our entire political leadership, after midnight for gods sake and after flying half way across the world? There should be limits placed on what the clown show is allowed to do as a photo op ... showing the world how generous they are with our money. It's downright embarrassing, actually.
The ol' Wynned sock never misses an opportunity for a photo-op or the chance to piss away taxpayer money on stupid sh*t, like trips for things that fall under federal purview.
Interesting how the ol' Wynned sock didn't show up to greet any other refugees from other parts of the world that arrived throughout the year though. I guess their plight isn't worth her time since she can't really make political hay out of them.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
If they have any winter coats left over after this photo op show of generosity, I hope they will give them to Toronto's homeless. It must get pretty cold under the bridges!