Rona Ambrose attacks Liberal agenda as return to 'big activist government'

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I think she also said she was worried because they didn't say ISIS during the throne speech. :lol:

If this is the calibre of opposition we're gonna get, then the next 4 years is gonna be a breeze for the Liberals.

Interim Conservative Leader Rona Ambrose took sharp aim at the Liberal plan for the 42nd Parliament today, insisting it lacks a transparent costing and implementation strategy, and warning it will download a huge fiscal burden to the provinces.

Responding to the throne speech in the House of Commons, Ambrose said the roadmap shows "big, activist government is alive and well." The Liberals have delivered many promises, but few concrete plans, she said.

In his own remarks, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau confirmed his government would introduce its promised "middle-class tax cut" on Wednesday, and that the first large group of government-supported Syrian refugees would arrive this week.

..more weak sauce...

Rona Ambrose attacks Liberal agenda as return to 'big activist government' - Politics - CBC News

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
A breeze? They have a majority,

It would be nice if Mr. Trudeau would get down to work on stimulating the Canadian economy.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Depends who is losing jobs.

If they're all from Alberta than no one will really give a duck.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
meh The farther the dollar dips the less likely we are to buy stuff. If the gov't wants us to give the economy a boost then it should do what it can to make our money worth spending.
My vacuum cleaner is dying, so I think I will just find a used one on ebay or kajiji or whatever. The hell with buying a new one.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
listened to Ms.Ambrose today,BORING and predictable,you would have thought the conservatives would like to have had opportunity to deliver their message in nontraditional new manner,unfortunately they continue to use old scripts for modern times,opportunities sailing over their heads.i would have been embarassed if i was Ms.Ambrose.
i switched channels,it was no uneventful.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Depends who is losing jobs.

If they're all from Alberta than no one will really give a duck.
I have never met anyone who was so gleeful about 10s of thousands if not a couple hundred thousand people, losing their jobs.

You are seriously one sick son of a bitch. Or maybe you were just jealous of those people making good money while your Tim Horton's "career" goes nowhere.

listened to Ms.Ambrose today,BORING and predictable,you would have thought the conservatives would like to have had opportunity to deliver their message in nontraditional new manner,unfortunately they continue to use old scripts for modern times,opportunities sailing over their heads.i would have been embarassed if i was Ms.Ambrose.
i switched channels,it was no uneventful.
Awww what's the matter, she didn't say it's 2015 enough times?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I have never met anyone who was so gleeful about 10s of thousands if not a couple hundred thousand people, losing their jobs.

You are seriously one sick son of a bitch. Or maybe you were just jealous of those people making good money while your Tim Horton's "career" goes nowhere.

Don't worry, I'm well off.

In the mean time, I'm sure you would champion the good jobs in the public sector being axed.

There is no avoiding job loss in the energy sector as it makes a transition to renewables.

As I said idiot, this will impact across the Country. Laugh all you want.

As you said already, the damage has already been done and you can thank Heirper for putting all the eggs in one basket.

It would have been a much smoother transition if we started pricing carbon years ago.

Karma's a bitch.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
As I said idiot, this will impact across the Country. Laugh all you want.
He's just too stupid to comprehend that the loss of oil patch jobs in Alberta doesn't just affect those working in the oil patch. Other jobs like trucking, fabrication, welding, heavy equipment mechanics.
Which is odd because you'd think Ontario's history with the auto industry would clue him in about all the feeder jobs that disappear when an industry pulls up stakes.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
We'll be fine as long as we make the right investment to grow other sectors of the economy instead of going with this naive low tax/austerity plan that was a remarkable failure.

Harper proved quite effectively, that less government intervention is actually more dangerous than reasonably influencing the economy.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Don't worry, I'm well off.
So well off that you won't sponsor or open your home to any of the refugees that you keep championing. :lol:
But let's assume for a minute you're not full of sh*t. You've just demonstrated some good ol' right-wing attitude; "I got mine, f*ck everyone else".

In the mean time, I'm sure you would champion the good jobs in the public sector being axed.
Ah yes, resort to the strawman when you have nothing else.
There is no avoiding job loss in the energy sector as it makes a transition to renewables.
Maybe not, but only a truly sick, disturbed individual cheers the loss of tens of thousands of jobs at a time. And only a complete and utter moron argues at the same time that we need to import even more people when we're shedding good paying jobs faster than the NDP shed its support in the last election.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Not at all.

The right wing attitude is that you should make the difference yourself whereas we all know that not enough people do the morally responsible thing.

That's why we will always need some level of authority.