Trudeau's BBC interview full of exaggerations, "cheap shots" at Harper, Trump and Rob

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Trudeau's BBC interview full of exaggerations, "cheap shots" at Harper, Trump and Rob

Trudeau's BBC interview full of exaggerations, "cheap shots" at Harper, Trump and Rob Ford

I talked with political and journalistic veteran Ray Heard about PM Justin Trudeau's first trip to England after his election.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV1myWU4D2w

I thought Trudeau came across as a bit of a braggart.

Heard agreed and mocked the new PM's bizarre assertion that his famous last name hadn't helped him -- that he'd in fact worked "two or three times harder" than the average Canadian would have to get elected.

Heard said Trudeau's BBC interview was full of "cheap shots" at Stephen Harper, Donald Trump and even Rob Ford.

As well, Justin's claim that he'd "left his opponents in the dust" isn't supported by the voting results. It no doubt left the average British viewer unduly impressed with Trudeau's margin of victory.

We also talked about Trudeau's illogical comments about the Queen's portrait controversy. (Heard complained that the paintings Trudeau put up instead were in fact "inferior works of art"...)

And what to make of Justin's comments about Russia and Turkey?

Listen to Heard's theory...

source: Ray Heard: Trudeau's BBC interview full of exaggerations, "cheap shots" at Harper, Trump and Rob Ford - The Rebel

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Re: Trudeau's BBC interview full of exaggerations, "cheap shots" at Harper, Trump and

He isnt totally wrong. Everyone underestimated him and that was part of why they lost. Most people would have found the thought of the Liberals winning a majority government unthinkable up until it happened. It was no landslide but its still far more than his opponents thought he would get.

If his name won the election for him that says more about the electorate than it does about him.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
Re: Trudeau's BBC interview full of exaggerations, "cheap shots" at Harper, Trump and

If there ever was three guys that deserves some cheap shots. Larry Curly and Moe of politics certainly deserves them

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario

If there ever was three guys that deserves some cheap shots. Larry Curly and Moe of politics certainly deserves them

maybe, maybe not. But 'cheap shots' are always a sign of weak character and lack of class.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

He isnt totally wrong. Everyone underestimated him and that was part of why they lost. Most people would have found the thought of the Liberals winning a majority government unthinkable up until it happened. It was no landslide but its still far more than his opponents thought he would get.

You are right about people being caught unaware after underestimating Justin, WLDB.......count me among them. I was hoping for a minority Conservative government with either party in opposition. I felt the Conservatives needed to have a reality check.

If his name won the election for him that says more about the electorate than it does about him.
If anything, I thought it would have counted against him...........for all his supporters, PET had his fair share of detractors.

The only time during the interview that I thought the PM slightly disingenuous was when he was questioned about his looks. If there is anything Justin knows for sure it is that he's a dude of the first order in the looks department. I was a bit puzzled when he took the shots at Ford and Trump......still am actually. The leaving them in the dust statement was snarky but true especially in Mulcair's case.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009

maybe, maybe not. But 'cheap shots' are always a sign of weak character and lack of class.

I am shocked that a so-called journalist from "The Rebel" would speak to "cheap shots". Wait, what's this... the OP link doesn't actually detail said "cheap shots". Perhaps one needs to actually subscribe to get at the presumed account and detailing of those supposed "cheap shots"... if you subscribe perhaps it would help this thread (and the OPs aversion to complete and factual accounts) if you could relate them - yes? You're not just accepting an article title, are you?

alternatively, perhaps a CC member of the Rebel persuasion could provide actual details of the supposed "cheap shots"... anyone, anyone, anyone?

not sure how labeling Ford... Trump, "anti-politicians' is a cheap shot

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

That would be trudOwe, Mulcair and Obummer right?

I am shocked that a so-called journalist from "The Rebel" would speak to "cheap shots". Wait, what's this... the OP link doesn't actually detail said "cheap shots". Perhaps one needs to actually subscribe to get at the presumed account and detailing of those supposed "cheap shots"... if you subscribe perhaps it would help this thread (and the OPs aversion to complete and factual accounts) if you could relate them - yes? You're not just accepting an article title, are you?

alternatively, perhaps a CC member of the Rebel persuasion could provide actual details of the supposed "cheap shots"... anyone, anyone, anyone?

We would be shocked if you had anything intelligent to say on any subject.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario

I watched the portion of Trudeau's speech. He definitely spoke of Ford, Trump and the former Government with derision and belittlement. I thought it was unbecoming of him.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010