Trudeau tells BBC he left Canadian detractors ‘in the dust’

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

LONDON — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has used an interview with an influential BBC current affairs show in London to issue his most pungent retort yet to his Canadian detractors.

Trudeau, 43, endured more than two years of Conservative party attack ads declaring him “just not ready” before sweeping prime minister Stephen Harper from power in last month’s federal election.

Asked by BBC television’s NewsNight program about his famous family name, Trudeau didn’t deny that having had his father Pierre Trudeau lead the country for almost 16 years opened some doors.

“I think the way I was raised was that I have to work two or three times as hard as anyone else to walk through that door now that it’s open,” he said.

Trudeau then delivered a sharp retort that could be seen as a direct shot at Harper and other Conservative partisans.

“There’s an awful lot of people who sort of shrugged and said he has nothing but a name to go on and found themselves slightly bewildered as I left them in the dust,” said the prime minister

Trudeau also had sharp words for what he described as people running as anti-politicians, citing U.S. Republican party presidential hopeful Donald Trump and “our own Rob Ford in Toronto.”

Trudeau tells BBC he left detractors 'in the dust'

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Got to love Justin and his ability to delude himself. 39.6 % was not a majority when Harper won, but 39.5% is leaving them in the dust.
What a joke.
An even bigger joke is the absolute lack of pissing and moaning from the hypocritical left-tards about how Justin doesn't speak for the majority of Canadians, like we heard from them about the previous govt's majority. Apparently the electoral system suddenly works just fine again.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario

LONDON — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has used an interview with an influential BBC current affairs show in London to issue his most pungent retort yet to his Canadian detractors.

Trudeau, 43, endured more than two years of Conservative party attack ads declaring him “just not ready” before sweeping prime minister Stephen Harper from power in last month’s federal election.

Asked by BBC television’s NewsNight program about his famous family name, Trudeau didn’t deny that having had his father Pierre Trudeau lead the country for almost 16 years opened some doors.

“I think the way I was raised was that I have to work two or three times as hard as anyone else to walk through that door now that it’s open,” he said.

Trudeau then delivered a sharp retort that could be seen as a direct shot at Harper and other Conservative partisans.

“There’s an awful lot of people who sort of shrugged and said he has nothing but a name to go on and found themselves slightly bewildered as I left them in the dust,” said the prime minister

Trudeau also had sharp words for what he described as people running as anti-politicians, citing U.S. Republican party presidential hopeful Donald Trump and “our own Rob Ford in Toronto.”

Trudeau tells BBC he left detractors 'in the dust'

So Trudeau is not only a spoiled rich boy with a big ego and mediocre intelligence, he is also a braggart!
His remarks just dug the hole of public opinion he is in a bit deeper. What a nerve!

"He who is wise
Does not criticize
When other men fail at the game" -Gordon Lightfoot.

He shows vey poor character!

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009

in just a few replies it's clear you have rustled well! The burn is still raw... still fresh. Of course, instead of looking inward targeting the failures of the Harper campaign... and accepting those failures...

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Got to love Justin and his ability to delude himself. 39.6 % was not a majority when Harper won, but 39.5% is leaving them in the dust.
What a joke.
An even bigger joke is the absolute lack of pissing and moaning from the hypocritical left-tards about how Justin doesn't speak for the majority of Canadians, like we heard from them about the previous govt's majority. Apparently the electoral system suddenly works just fine again.
Notice how they ignore you when you post that?:lol:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
in just a few replies it's clear you have rustled well! The burn is still raw... still fresh. Of course, instead of looking inward targeting the failures of the Harper campaign... and accepting those failures...
Yes, yes we get it. 39.6% is not a majority govt but 39.5% is a clear cut mandate for Justin.

Besides, I'm not entirely sure how you can blame the Harper campaign for the gullibility of those who voted for Trudeau. Anyone with a shred of thinking ability knew his timetable for the refugees and their numbers were not a smart idea. His promise to reform the electoral system was also bullsh*t that morons ate up. He does not have the power to unilaterally change the electoral system. Neither did Harper.

And that is what political partisans haven't quite figured out yet. It's not just the other side that relies on the gullibility, if not outright stupidity of the average voter. That's what politicians do these days. It's the name of the game. Admittedly, the ol' Wynned sock is a master of it. How else can one explain another Liberal majority in Ontario after over a decade of Liberal theft, corruption, ineptitude, pandering, secret bailouts, conflicts of interest and general incompetence?
Of course one could say the much of the same for the more recent successive Alberta Conservative govts.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
What a joke.
But didn't he promise to make sweeping changes to our electoral system ?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
What a joke.

The math is quite simple. trueOwe was everyone's second choice. So when you add in all the seconds it is clearly a majority.

in my personal case, I typically won't respond to a strawman

You are good at that.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Next Trudeau fluffer thread coming in 10.........9...........8.........►►►►

It won't stop as long as Trudeau shows how little he regards the common people. A little humility would go a long way.
So far it looks like Trudeau loves the people at the top and the immigrants. The ones in between are good for nothing but paying the tab to support his wild schemes and to keep him in style so he won't have to dip into his personal wealth.
I still haven't seen any Liberal pledge to take in a refugee family.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
meh Both Trudeau and Harper just fortified my opinion that most voters are fools.
Has Justine given anyone the bird yet?