How to keep Syrian prostitution at bay?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
What do women who can't find work do?

Some tough it out and bite the proverbial bullet. Some beg. Some steal. Some will enter a manipulative relationshio. Some turn to prostitution. Some might find other ways.

But is our system ready to help integrate these women quickly enough before these women feel the pressure to turn to extreme measures?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Well, isn't that special. Completely new take on the draw backs of allowing refugees into Canada. You complaining or is this wishful thinking on your part?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Well, isn't that special. Completely new take on the draw backs of allowing refugees into Canada. You complaining or is this wishful thinking on your part?

Neither complaining nor wishful thinking. Just concern. It's a question of whether Canada will be able to provide the necessary resources and services.

Maybe Canada should allow them in more gradually to ensure social services can keep up in the integration process.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
What do women who can't find work do?

Some tough it out and bite the proverbial bullet. Some beg. Some steal. Some will enter a manipulative relationshio. Some turn to prostitution. Some might find other ways.

But is our system ready to help integrate these women quickly enough before these women feel the pressure to turn to extreme measures?

Gee and they (refugees) would be the first to do any of the above.....

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
funny we have homeless here
the local shelter is all volunteer
the government wouldn't fund a real shelter
we tried

maybe we will save the money by not bombing and making refugees
then we could do for our own

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
A Syrian prostitute would need a good manager. I imagine she could make top dollar by dressing all niqaby and doing rape fantasies or repressed-woman-breaking-out-because-she's-so-overwhelmed-by-you-Dougie-McKenzie fantasies.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
funny we have homeless here
the local shelter is all volunteer
the government wouldn't fund a real shelter
we tried

maybe we will save the money by not bombing and making refugees
then we could do for our own

There is no homeless problem, it's an addiction problem.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Macho what are you thinking?

This is what's going to happen

The prospective Syrian woman is going to be surprised that woman are treated way better here than in Syria. She is going to jump at the opportunity like having a real job and become the main provider of the family. She will be happy

The man however will feel less of a man because the power of an man is not absolute here. He will feel weak and begin to cling to old muslim traditions that ensure his power. He will get a job as a cabbie and refuse blind people service. Then he will get angrier start making bombs and campaign for sharia law

Last edited:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
There is no homeless problem, it's an addiction problem.

There is truth to that.

For a while after the Supreme Court decision on prostitution, i'd read up on the subject and researched it somewhat. I'd gone onto a local sex site after reading about it to see how prevalent it was. I was shocked at how unregulated it was.

Knowing that the new law would make it legal for a sex worker to advertise her own services but not for an advertizer t post the ad, I'd decided to find out where this site was based. It was based in the UK outside Canada's jurisdictional boundaries. Logic told me that this would mean that the sex workers could still advertise due to the law and the website could still post due to its being beyond Canada's jurisdictional boundaries.

About a month after the new law was passed (which I figure should have been more than enough time to implement the law), I went back to that site to find absolutely no difference.

A better solution in my opinion would be:

1. Require sex workers to advertise only on sites that meet Canadian standards for sexual advertising or fine them for advertising elsewhere. The first offence could be a warning, second 1000.00, and doubling for each repeat offence after that.

2. Require those sites that wish to meet the standard to advertise remedies for various addictions on each page that advertises sexual services, appearing first and taking up at least as much space as the ads offering sexual services.

3. Consider allowing Canadian advertisers to post such ads too.

Many sex workers suffer gambling addiction, alcoholism, or other addictions, not to mention that some people suffer sex addiction too.

The prospective Syrian woman is going to be surprised that woman are treated way better here than in Syria. She is going to jump at the opportunity like having a real job and become the main provider of the family. She will be happy

The man however will feel less of a man because the power of an man is not absolute here. He will feel weak and begin to cling to old muslim traditions that ensure his power. He will get a job as a cabbie and refuse blind people service. Then he will get angrier start making bombs and campaign for sharia law

I'm not saying don't let Syrian women into Canada, but just make sure our support networks can support them in the transition process.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It seems that fears and problems related to Syrian refugees are invented out of thin air.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
By the way, Toronto was nice. Eleven hours up, twenty hours there, eleven hours back.

Paul Gross and Martha Burns saved an otherwise tedious play.

Y'all should really do something about the traffic in TO. What a zoo.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
By the way, Toronto was nice. Eleven hours up, twenty hours there, eleven hours back.

Paul Gross and Martha Burns saved an otherwise tedious play.

Y'all should really do something about the traffic in TO. What a zoo.

TO's traffic is wonderful compared to Vancouver

The men will require support. Our culture overwhelms them

Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, Turkey are all western wannabes. They are nothing like the pajama wearing mysoginist types to the east of them and don't go overboard on Sharia.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
do you mean young and bay?
bay street is where the qualified johns are